It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's discuss "human nature"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: gosseynYou disagree ? You still believe that human nature = greed ? Then answer this : why aren't human beings making stocks of breathing air ?

Actually, a Venezuelan airport announced air/breathing taxes, a tax to be paid because of the airconditioning system.

Right now trees are pretty much free and appear to be in abundance but they can be seen as machines producing air which should either get sold or taxed along with every tree chipped and registered in a database. Seriously, it's the future where everything is going to be regulated so there is less chance of anything going wrong, like deforestation or damage to marine flora which also produces a lot of oxygen. Someone has to pay to maintain those forests which produces your badly needed oxygen, better to have it specified in taxes rather than paying taxes for general use and let the politicians decide where the money should go.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Semicollegiate

A human doesn't like to labor, and will labor the minimum amount possible.
That only applies to the ones the system turned out .I have worked at hard labor before that I just loved and aside for having to regenerate through rest and sleep I would have continued . Some people and their vocation is a love affair and sometimes need to be taken aside to inform them that there are other elements of life that may need attending to .

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

Someone has to pay to maintain those forests which produces your badly needed oxygen, better to have it specified in taxes rather than paying taxes for general use and let the politicians decide where the money should go.
I kind of chuckled when I read that part especially after watching this .

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

I believe we must evolve away from the "animal brain". It was necessary to survival at one point or another in our evolution but hinders us in todays world. For example, animals are wired to mate with similar looking species to survive and reproduce. Today, that mode of thinking can lead to racism/incest/unhealthy gene pools. As humans, we have the ability to re wire our brains to an extent and that is our power. We need to develop a new "human nature" and stop using the excuse we are all "animals". A dog does not have the power of choice that we have. They make their decisions on instinct and conditioning. Also, we need to learn the power of thought and the law of attraction. Our thoughts dictate our lives to a larger degree than we are currently taught. Think about when you have a day where everything goes wrong. We attract those events by our thoughts and see the manifestation as the universe out to get us.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Human nature is what I term human spectrum.

The colorful spectrum of our mind and emotion.

Our bodies are all the same pentagram geometry, made of bio, chemical and atomic arrangements.

What makes us different from one another is:

Thoughts; ideas, beliefs, curiosities, reasoning,.. the things that are formulated in the mind via thought.

Feelings; love, hate, gratitude, envy, fear, sorrow, frustration, desire, pride, shame etc..

These are what make us different, this is what Human Spectrum /nature actually is.

It's what makes us different among 7 billion identical organisms...

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: Klassified

There's an old 3 stooges episode that irreverently addresses the topic. lol.

Haha! I'll have to look that up when Hubby gets home. He loves the 3 stooges... I always preferred Abbot and Costello... but I'll have a gander. Thanks!

Took me a while to find the full episode for free. youtube wants to charge for it.
Hoi Polloi

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
It's the old "nature vs nuture" debate, and one I've had many times. The problem is, we no longer understand the difference as individuals, or as a society. Most people just default to "human nature" out of ignorance. It's a never-ending debate that seldom has a resolution.

Yes, it is the debate of nurture vs nature, but I think it is a debate that has a resolution, but we can only go as far as our scientific understanding. The problem is we live in a system that we have inherited from past generations, centuries and millennia, and today people are still quoting what some Greek philosopher has said thousands of years ago about 'human nature', but what those long dead people said was only the expression of their time, of their environment and their scientific understanding. The same could be said about religion for example.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Human nature assumes that we have certain tendencies that are endemic to our species, it is a cats nature to scratch, so they might say that it is a human's nature to steal - however, we do have choice and we have to power to override or supplant our innate tendencies - it takes work but you can actually change the way that you feel and the way that you react to others and your environment. For example, if you are a jealous individual, it is actually possible for you to restrict your feelings and choose the alternate, so, you see a nice car, and instead of being jealous and saying "what a prick!" - you say "man, that's a nice car!"...

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Isn't it also human nature to be empathetic, sympathetic, loving, generous, imaginative, artistic, innovative,compassionate, so on and so on....
Why focus on the negative aspects of humanity when there is so much that is so very wonderful about us silly little humans?

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
How right you are. I am never jealous of others possessions to a point that I'd hate the possessor. I actually say things like wow great car. I love that blouse on you. Your hair is gorgeous. What a lovely home you have. You are so smart etc etc. I'm happier this way than harboring jealousy and contempt for those who have more or better than me.
I'm grateful for what I do have and understand there are many who have less.

a reply to: SystemResistor

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Isn't it also human nature to be empathetic, sympathetic, loving, generous, imaginative, artistic, innovative,compassionate, so on and so on....
Why focus on the negative aspects of humanity when there is so much that is so very wonderful about us silly little humans?

Yes exactly why ? I think it is an evolutionary feature, the fact that what is or might be dangerous is more noticed and remembered than what is not. But it is an instinct, and this instinct has produced an ideology. What can and should help us in this matter is science, or more specifically the scientific method. I think it is time we look at humans as objects that we can study and understand, scientific objects that have reactions to their environment, instead of looking at humans ideologically, like immanent divine creatures with god-given free-will.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join