It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

non firearm opptions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
just wondering what is your non firearm choise

i got with a small pistole xbow moded to take bolts and 2 full size japenese steel swords with extra long handles

main wep is a pse stinger x and backup martin jaguire 1983

im not alower to own firearms 2x 1 the goverment 2 wife hates them

otherwise i can shoot anything just fine but at some point and time you may run outa bullets

and besides arrows beat kevlar you just only get one shot

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I like swords and knives. Bows are great. There's nothing like a stick and a string. Hatchets could be useful.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian

i got with a small pistole xbow moded to take bolts

Instead of what?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Bow is my go to for range but will use an atlatl if string isnt easy to find/make at the time

terrain depending, i'll use a tomahawk or a machete

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
i like oldschool bows but try shooting a modern compound and ull understand in a hurry why its effective

its almost like having a sniper rifle out to 50 yards and for some more u can hit a quarter

and the ammo is reusable

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Run really fast .

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Or hide really good.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
id take hide and ambush over run

what happens if you run from a preditor

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

what happens if you run from a preditor

Run faster . Lol .

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

one can only run so far

and fastest 50m time for a human is 5 seconds against a bow naa ill duck behind something first

besides my time would be something like 12 mins i dont run left leg is not so good

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

In that case logjammers option seems good . I have shot knees so running is no good for me either . Sport seemed like such a good idea at the time .

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

my strat is hide behind something and use the blades guns are not at the best odds at under 8 feet

got the 8 feet from where i can effectivly hit a target and cut it with my sword fast enuf so its hard to react with a gun

wait and ambush always works time is always on ur side if ur not looking to be the true agresser

works just aswell with a gun tho

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Got some swords myself, looking for a decent bow. It's illegal to carry anything other than a box-cutter in public where I am, so I usually pack an 8" wire-brush whenever I leave the house.

Haven't needed to use it yet, but I imagine it'd be a pretty effective counter to anyone armed with a knife.

I need a decent powerful stand-alone camera flash too. Always beneficial to blind an assailant.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: IpoopThere4IAM

if you are a student of bushido in most plased you can legaly carrie a sword

i normly go unarmed my size is good enuf to ward off most morons

if they got a gun i caculate chanses are it end up ina spot where i could do nothing about anyway

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: IpoopThere4IAM

Wait....seriously

So this?

And this?

Is supposed to keep you in good shape if someone pulls a knife on you?

You are obviously more skilled than me, my friend.
edit on 8-3-2015 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: coldkidc

Better than nothing, the brush would be handy for disarming the assailant. And a camera flash can blind someone pretty effectively for a few seconds.

Self preservation has become quite difficult after my douchebag government banned semi-autos in 1996, strangely though a Sydney police station was ventilated with SKS rifles in 1998. I guess the criminals have exemptions.

I'm envious of your location, wish I could walk into a store & spend a few $K on some fine hardware. I might just have to get myself a high-tier security license so I can own something legally. An airsoft pistol can get you 2 years jail here.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I like a Pitt-bull. Some places ban them because there have been a few deaths (kind of like guns) due to criminal and irresponsible owners, ruining it for every body. (Less than a hundred deaths and they ban the dogs - go f figure) but a Pitt-bull is also great when your life isn't in danger, warm and fuzzy, and someone to talk to, where a gun is cold, hard and fairly useless unless necessary.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
will say getting hit bye the brush looks painful ever had a 3rd degreed burn u had to go the the hosipal for

none the less i think ill keep my knive

also dogs are good but yet i think no experance a good kick would be the end of it

as for the camera im positive there is a small device that can do that

ill take being passive my size and a knive anyday over a brush and a camera

but thows who underestimate there oponets lose i say u may have a advantage id never see a metal brush and a camera at a threat tell now

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Hands, for non firearm. Has worked for knives, nun chucks. Tompa's, sticks, bats and up to three people at a time for me. But not the young and spry anymore. But i think i can handle myself. Ineffective against a firearm at a distance though. That is what firearms are for. Lasers and rail guns are future for small arms. Powers supplies are the only thing that restricts it at this time.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Well I have years of training in Doce Pares San Miguel style escrima.

So for me, and my training, dual wielding junior size aluminum baseball bats make a whole lot of sense!

Honestly I think one of those bats is a grand choice in general.

Outside of that I would want a large fixed-blade knife, and a general beat the crap out of it machete.

With my training I'm confident I could do lots of damage with those.

Granted... I would have guns as well. Don't see why I wouldn't. 12 gauge shotgun, .22 rifle, and a 357 revolver.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join