It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New mars pictures from ISRO mars orbiter

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
www.isro.gov.in...

Nothing like NASA pics! Is that blue sky? blue water in the valley, volcano going off?

Discuss!!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: warthog911

Some cool pics, but the blue water? That's a picture it took of earth. Is that the one you were thinking of?

This photo of Phobos with the extremely thin atmosphere visible is really stunning.

edit on 8-3-2015 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

hhhm sure does look like smoke.
Just to add the photo where it shows a red planet says it used the colour camera...did all the photos use the same camera?.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
What am I looking at in the below picture?

Is that a column of smoke or something? Looks to be casting a shadow or something on the ground.

Am I crazy?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
All the pics are from mars! THe pic with volcano eruption and water in the valley is from Valles Marineris! I think somebody from ISRO forgot to retouch the images. NASA must be angry! I feel that India might get punished by TPTB. The phobos pic is simply gorgeous. You can see the blue atmosphere due to Raleigh scattering.
edit on 8-3-2015 by warthog911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Looks like a Volcano going off!

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Could it be cliffs/mountains where large chunks of CO2 crumble and fall and has been photographed previously? Similar to this;

And this from the MRO.

(bit hard to get your head around the orientation of the elevations, things look rather different from above)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

No the last pic is earth.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
A two-three sentence OP, how informative.

I don't think the one pic shows a volcano going off, or water in the valley. It would be awesome if it did though. What appears similar to smoke I think is just interesting formation. I'm no expert. Would love to go to Mars though.

edit on 3-8-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Not only two sentences, India is right cranky with the OP now as well.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Does Mars still have active volcanoes? I thought it was a dead planet?

What ever is going on in that pic appears to me that is casting a shadow on the ground. It looks to be constistant with the lighting from the sun as well. The left of the image is much brighter orangeish color that fades to a darker blueish color on the right. I would assume the light is coming in from the left which would cause a shadow to cast to the right as is in the image.

Maybe it's just darker soil around a crater though. I'm just not sure.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I'd say bad colour calibration is behind the blue colours in these images. Mars' basaltic sands do have a bluish tint, but nowhere near as vivid.

There's no volcanic eruption, it's just dark areas in the canyon creating that illusion.
edit on 8-3-2015 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Lol Persian Gulf

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Just to add the photo where it shows a red planet says it used the colour camera...did all the photos use the same camera?.

This looks like humid valleys with a fog low to the ground in the early morning at 40,000 feet on Earth (as a comparison).

This is ground fog....looks like water vapor but I'm no spectragraphic whiz...and I am assuming this is Mars per my knowledge....
as not to offend those that think is is a studio. Or maybe New Mexico.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
What volcano ? The so called plume is made of dark smoke which just happens to be "billowing" over the high land areas and ONLY the high land areas !!!! Very clever smoke....... What about the exact same dark areas to the right ? Hmmmmmm.

Ink blot tests spring to mind.....

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Gorgeous pictures! The smoldering volcano with the column is stunning, nice color contrasts there

No the last pic is earth.

Indeed it is, it's blatantly obvious. If this is the one the OP was talking about with water, shame on OP for not knowing his own planet well enough to spot India, Iran, Arabian peninsula, Persian Gulf, etc. Hell, the Himalayas are unmistakable there. Come on, OP, tell me you're not that oblivious & were referring to another picture?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

To err is human, to forgive is Devine. No shame needed.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Guys i think my reply was misconstrued. When i said that all the pics are from mars, i meant that the current batch of pics that were released last week.
www.dailymail.co.uk... -orbit.html

That blue color in the Valles Marineris is water and next to the erupting volcano, you can see canals or dome cities!

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakesidepark

This looks like humid valleys with a fog low to the ground in the early morning at 40,000 feet on Earth (as a comparison).

This is ground fog....looks like water vapor but I'm no spectragraphic whiz...and I am assuming this is Mars per my knowledge....
as not to offend those that think is is a studio. Or maybe New Mexico.

This is not fog but it looks to my eye like a combination of C02 clouds along with exposed darker rock and formations formed due to Mars's ancient watery past.

We must remember, just because something looks similar to Earth doesn't mean that it is the same as Earth. Mars is a very dry world, much drier than Antarctica but it once had rivers, seas, etc so there are river valleys, tributaries and other familiar features but they're mostly filled with dust and ice now. The darker areas someone referred to as smoke are actually darker exposed rock, windblown without dust on it.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich
What am I looking at in the below picture?

Is that a column of smoke or something? Looks to be casting a shadow or something on the ground.

Am I crazy?

The folks over at Mysterious Universe are calling it a mushroom cloud.

I don't know if I would go that far, but they are know for some pretty outlandish theories.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join