It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aviation was not pleased yesterday!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I really need to share this. It's just to funny.
I realise that yesterday Harrison Ford crashed his plane. There was an incident at LaGuardia airport. There was smoke in a Turkish airliner that resulted in an evacuation involving inflatable ramps. But this one came to me Via phone call.

I bring you the story of Erik. Erik is a lieutenant for Airport Fire at Greater Pittsburgh International Airport. My former boss. And he's my brother.
Erik is 6 ft 1inches 267 pounds. He's big. He's also pushing 50. The guy dreams of food. Only to wake up and make steak and eggs for breakfast. The guy lacks motivation and exercise ... I mean badly.
Keep this in mind.

Erik being the officer, rarely gets out of the truck for any reason. He delegates to no end. Well after 23 years. It happened. I got the dreaded phone call.

So he and the crew were out doing some inspections in regards to a disabled de-icing truck. An Airbus 320 was at idle. IDLE..... my brother got out to check what he thought was ice build up on the tail. He didn't need a bad plane and truck in his paper work for the day.
Sooo... he let his guard down.

The phone call rang in at 11:20am .. it was sheer laughter on the other end.. good sign.

"Hey Tim... it's so and so "

" hi what's up "

"Aaaaa you brother.. he had an incident..."

"Jeez us is he OK.."

( now the laughter is harder.. to the point I hear them crying so hard their stomach must be splitting )

"Your brother was running" ( now I know something isn't right.... he would run for fresh baked cheesecake )

" Er.. Eri..... Eek was behind an Airbus 320..... he started running.... the Idle of the engine took him 100 ft into a ravine of snow!. We saw him running and said to ourselves... L-T is running... that ain't right! "

"Is he OK! "
"Oh yes... he's kicking his feet upside down at the moment... we're extricating him from the snow now.." ( so while my brother is upside down in snow.. they felt it was a good time to call )

Long story short.. my brother is fine. His right hip is bruised... as well as his ego. I laugh now because he's OK. I laugh hard because the phrase.
" L-T is running... that's not right! " was stated.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Hehe!

Fantastic yarn Bigburgh! I am glad your brother was not more seriously hurt... Getting caught up by the air coming out of the back end of a jet engine is not a safe thing to be doing!

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Thanks.. I must admit. I can talk about it only because of the outcome. Had it been different..
I don't want to imagine.

TBO. my biggest fear out there has been the idea that one of our trucks taking a hit from a landing or departing plane.
This is one of those things that I grilled him for 3 hours.
I wanted to know what it felt like...
I've seen lot's of videos from Saint Maarten. As people are blown down a beach. But this. Man I can't begin to imagine.

edit on 6-3-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Good story!

All those years around Jets and he got caught behind one like that. I had no idea at Idle they would blow you off the tarmac like that. That'll be the very last time he gets out of his truck EVER! Even for McD's he'll use the drivethru instead of going inside.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Saint Maartens is the craziest place...I've got to do this someday!

www.youtube.com...
link

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Lmfao! True.. his personal favorite is the McRib....believe me I love ripping my brother to shreds.. trust me he talks of retirement everyday! He'll look back an scream.. KAHHHHHNNNN!

Thanks for posting the St. Maarten videos.. they are brutal...!

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Nicely told S&F !

It made me laugh big time !

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotskywww.youtube.com...

Watch "Blown by the Bone"
edit on 6-3-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Love the way they all start running for their lives at the start!

new topics

top topics

join