It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kazakhstan Sleeping Sickness Update

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Contrary to the misleading information posted by the atomic energy advocate above, the victims are NOT suffering from ARS (acute radiation sickness), but a low level exposure that has been shown to produce EXACTLY the symptoms being reported.

CFS has been well studied in the workers involved in the clean-up at Chernobyl.

Bear in mind that Chernobyl was one reactor melting down and exposed to the elements for a matter of months before being enclosed by a concrete sarcophagus

Fukushima is THREE meltdowns and multiple explosions, so lethally unapproachable that nothing has been done to encapsulate the fission reaction meltdowns or to stop the constant flow of plutonium into the atmosphere and ocean for the past FOUR YEARS.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

Can you link to the studies you mention in your post? I'd very much like to read up on that. I've never heard of low-level radiation exposure causing the symptoms described in this thread.
edit on 5-3-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: grammar

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

originally posted by: FamCore
I know the movie "Borat" had some HUGE exaggerations...

Western propaganda disparaging the top reporter of Kazakhstan will not be tolerated. Your avatar name has been placed on the do not enter list in the country. Further efforts to destabilize this great nation will result in more sequels.

amazing comment - LOL

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Also, I'm not an "Atomic Energy Advocate".

I'm simply one who has had relatives in the nuclear industry, and have done extensive research on her own in addition to what my relatives have taught me. In fact, I'm big proponent of wind/solar power. Nuclear is dangerous in the long term, no matter what steps you take to mitigate the dangers, no reactor is 100% safe.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Fukushima has been totally swept under the rug and we will pay for this for centuries to come. Completely and utterly horrifying... WHAT A MESS

Why don't we store loads of spent radioactive fuel rods somewhere that there are frequent violent earthquakes? Great idea! Let's do that.

WHO could've EVER foreseen a problem with this? Bunch of idiots running the world.

edit on 5-3-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I haven't heard of chronic fatigue going so far as sleeping for days straight. It is a little understood syndrome of course.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

I haven't heard of chronic fatigue going so far as sleeping for days straight.

That's not really how it manifests itself. They can be woken, to a degree.

www.ncf-net.org...

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Fukushima has been totally swept under the rug and we will pay for this for centuries to come.

The only way we will be able to "pay for this for centuries to come" is if we manage to establish a colony on Mars.

That's why there is so much recent interest in such a mission.

Such fools are man.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

CFS is much different from what's being described as basically "miniature comas" in the residents of this village.

My sister has CFS, she doesn't go unconscious for a few days at random.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Well I know one city I'm crossing off my Kazakhstan touring list. Think I'll skip the mine tours as well...

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Kazakhstan is already the country with the highest level of natural background radiation due to natural uranium deposits. It wasn't on my to begin with! I may live in Japan which according to some users here has devolved into a "Fallout 3" style nuclear wasteland, but even I don't want the radiation doses most people in Kazakhstan are exposed to yearly.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Are you saying that we are doomed in a global scale due to radioactive fallout, and that we MUST colonize other planets in order to survive? Like that is our only option?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Despite what the alarmists want you to believe, if over 40 years of nuclear weapons testing (some roughly 2500 total nuclear weapon detonations) hasn't turned the entirety of the earth into a nuclear wasteland by now, one reactor complex on the east coast of Japan won't.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Are you saying that we are doomed in a global scale due to radioactive fallout, and that we MUST colonize other planets in order to survive? Like that is our only option?

That's exactly what I'm saying.

Fukushima Daiichi (#1) is the first of fifty Japanese nuclear generating stations. The oldest one. It should have been decommissioned long ago, as should many throughout the world, but the fact is we can't afford to. The actual economics of nuclear power are untenable when one factors in the safe storage of spent fuel, the cost of which is inestimable.

The only thing that makes the equation feasible is factoring in the benefits of nuclear weapons.

Without nuclear powered electrical generation there would be no fuel for bombs.

We've been playing a game of chance and banking on winning, counting on discovering some way of dealing with radioactive waste. We lost.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Despite what nuclear advocates living in Japan, working in the agricultural industry and having relatives working in the nuclear industry tell you, "2500 total nuclear weapon detonations" would not contain a fraction of the fissionable material located at just the single nuclear generating station of Fukushima.

Fukushima has 14,000 times as much uranium as Hiroshima.

www.businessinsider.com...

There has in fact been a total of 2054 nuclear detonations, if you include Fukushima.

www.youtube.com...

How many of them can be categorized as "weapons" is hard to say.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Because Business Insider and Youtube are the cutting edge authority on atomic knowledge.

I've seen that youtube video, by the way. It's missing information. Namely the approx 200 peaceful tests (Such as "Operation Plowshare" or Russia's Nuclear Explosions for the National Economy). It also failed to include zero-yield safety tests and failed full-yield tests.

So there's that.

Also at least have the Kintama to call me by my name. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Kazakhstan#1 potassium producer in all world! Shayqui!

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

This is pretty fascinating.
It could be a number of things though, and really needs a lot more investigation.
Has anyone actually tried to see if it's geographically related?

The first thing I would do is a swap. Put someone brave in there to live with one of these families, and take one of them out to another location.

Change the diet, change the location, change the surroundings and see what happens. If the new person suffers the same, and the one moved out stops having episodes, you pretty much know that it's psychological, geographical, or related to the environment - ie not a disease or infection.

If people are leaving, presumably they already know that it's geographically limited. Otherwise, people would know they can't simply escape it by leaving. Therefore it has to be something in the local environment.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface
Perhaps someone was testing a biological or chemical warfare agent? It will be interesting to see further follow-ups, as surely researchers are all over this. No doubt this is a scary experience for those affected though.

Star.My thought as well.It could be a natural phenomenon.But if not whats left?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
On second thought I think the Eye of Sauron located in Astana, Kazakhstan atop the Pyramid of Peace is to blame.

edit on 6-3-2015 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join