It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kazakhstan Sleeping Sickness Update

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
First heard about this topic on ATS a few months back ATS Thread.

An article in Newsweek discusses how a leading Russian scientist is warning that the mysterious Kazakhstan Sleeping Sickness, which has affected hundreds of people in Kalachi village, could spread.

In case you hadn't heard of this yet, here is an excerpt from the article:

Those affected by the illness very suddenly fall asleep at any time of day or night, and often it is not possible to wake them for a few days. Some remember nothing when they awake and complain of drowsiness, while others say they experienced terrifying hallucinations. Over 150 cases of the disease have been reported since the first complaints by residents were made in March 2013, yet there is still no consensus on what is causing the nightmarish disease.

The deep sleep-factor and terrifying hallucinations are pretty interesting. They are even evacuating villagers:

Last week, local authorities decided to start evacuating people from the village, as the situation shows no sign of abating. Professor Rikhvanov believes about 650 residents in total will be evacuated over the next few weeks. Locals have expressed their worry that they could fall asleep and never wake up again.

To read more here is the article: Newsweek - Mysterious Kazakhstan Sleeping Sickness

Pretty freaky - I wonder if it is something viral that is neurological in nature, or if it has something to do with sleep hormones - weird that scientists have been completely puzzled by it. I don't have a background in biology so my guess is as good as any.
edit on 5-3-2015 by FamCore because: Added link to older ATS thread

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Perhaps someone was testing a biological or chemical warfare agent? It will be interesting to see further follow-ups, as surely researchers are all over this. No doubt this is a scary experience for those affected though.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Interesting and thank you for bringing this to my attention. Possible military experiment? Seems like a tech any military would like to develop. Pretty strange in any sense.

*aboutface beat me to it. Great minds and so forth haha.
edit on 5-3-2015 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
My thoughts are that they are using electromagnetic warfare, the same way they used it in the Gulf war. This time you don't know who's controlling it (home team or visitors).

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore
So you dont agree with Leonid Rikhvanov from the link you provided?

Rikhvanov believes that the root of the terrifying illness could lie in an old Soviet uranium mine in the nearby area of Krasnogorsk. He suspects that radon gas is being emitted from the mine

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
The RT link in the original thread describes symptoms like…

"I'm weak, my legs feel heavy, as if I'm wearing a hundred pairs of boots, and my head is spinning," one woman told RTD. Other patients behave "like they're drunk." It's difficult to warn others and ask for help, as "your tongue gets twisted."

Not sleeping but more like drugged, 'when the wind blows from the direction of a local mine'. I remember them postulating it was toxicological in nature, good luck getting them to admit that.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

An article in Newsweek discusses how a leading Russian scientist is warning that the mysterious Kazakhstan Sleeping Sickness, which has affected hundreds of people in Kalachi village, could spread.

If the suspected cause of the illness is from the local uranium mine and the effect is 'Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' caused by low dose radiation then we're not going to see many Olympic records broken in Tokyo 2020.

'Bura Bura' disease has been studied in the survivors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki and has been diagnosed amongst the children of Chernobyl.

Spent Plutonium munitions are causing the syndrome to be present in the ME and with the spread of radioactive nuclides worldwide from the ongoing meltdowns at Fukushima, we may be seeing the shape of things to come.

agreenroad.blogspot.ca...

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

It is only a few Kilometers away from Kalachi and I don't know the demographics of the two areas (or the wind/weather patterns that could be affecting the dispersion of Radon Gas), but it seems odd to me that the illness seems to be affecting people in Kalachi and not other places if it were coming from a gas leak. Wouldn't the radioactive/hazardous materials be carried for some distances, affecting people further away at least on a more individual basis? Beats me... maybe they should get some radioactive experts involved.
edit on 5-3-2015 by FamCore because:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I think they should had already had radioactive experts involved by now. I don't understand why it took 2 years before they began evacuating the area

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

That's a frightening thought and unfortunately I think an accurate prediction. I can't BELIEVE we use depleted uranium in our ammunition for soldiers in the Middle East. How stupid is That!? Playing with fire

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

I totally agree, but this is Kazakhstan we are talking about. I know the movie "Borat" had some HUGE exaggerations, but the fact that it's been 2 years before they even took any serious action is, to me at least, and indication that the country is a less "developed" nation and this did not receive the attention it should have earlier.

edit on 5-3-2015 by FamCore because: typo

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I can't BELIEVE we use depleted uranium in our ammunition for soldiers in the Middle East. How stupid is That!? Playing with fire

It's not reckless or a mistake. It's genocide and it's not the first time America has instituted genocide. With American depravity you always have to ask yourself..who's next?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Oh, I KNOW it's intentional - you're dead on. Look at what we did in Central and South America - Guatemala, Nicaragua, many many other countries have been victims of U.S. undercover (if you'd even want to call it that) "foreign policy". Coups taking over the governments down there and our intelligence agencies working to put or keep evil people in power down there. Atrocious, really.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Accidentally posted in the older thread on this subject first, sorry.
IMO it sounds like the peoples pineal gland's are pumping dmt into their bodies.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Bad isn't it:

The use of depleted uranium weapons is again causing concern. The people of Kosovo have been alarmed to discover that the conflict there has left radioactive contamination, just as it did in Kuwait nine years ago.
Why do the United States and Britain continue to use a waste product of the nuclear industry in their weapons? Some commentators allege that it is a conspiracy between the military and the nuclear industry to dispose of dangerous waste in hostile countries. The real reasons are more complex

Linnock

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Some reason my mind is playing the "far out there" scenario :

The government or secret service of Kazakhstan, have implemented a pulsating wave of some sort, which is affecting neurological hardwiring of the brain.

Maybe underground, within a tower, or that weird pyramid structure lol.

I get the feeling of "experimentation" happening. Will keep an eye on this subject. Thanks for update.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

If the suspected cause of the illness is from the local uranium mine and the effect is 'Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' caused by low dose radiation then we're not going to see many Olympic records broken in Tokyo 2020.

'Bura Bura' disease has been studied in the survivors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki and has been diagnosed amongst the children of Chernobyl.

Spent Plutonium munitions are causing the syndrome to be present in the ME and with the spread of radioactive nuclides worldwide from the ongoing meltdowns at Fukushima, we may be seeing the shape of things to come.

agreenroad.blogspot.ca...

Radiation Poisoning would cause a myriad of other symptoms before any lethargy/unintended sleeping presents itself. Basically the people in the village would start bleeding from various orifices (mainly the GI tract) as the radiation attacks the lining of the stomach and intestines. There would be headaches, and various flu-like symptoms such as vomiting and nausea. Lethargy/disorientation/sleeping/coma only comes during the final phase of ARS (Acute Radiation Sickness) or in incredibly high doses over a short period of time.

For more information on how ARS progresses check This Link.

Only in VERY high doses (like being in close proximity to a super/prompt critical reaction) would ARS cause unconsciousness within hours of exposure before showing other symptoms. And by then, the patient would never wake up because in doses that high, even the most advanced medical care can't prevent the 100% certainty of death.
edit on 5-3-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

Or uranium mines. But they have always been there? This phenomenon is new in that area/region yes?

What a strange thing..

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I know the movie "Borat" had some HUGE exaggerations...

Western propaganda disparaging the top reporter of Kazakhstan will not be tolerated. Your avatar name has been placed on the do not enter list in the country. Further efforts to destabilize this great nation will result in more sequels.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I have to agree with the Japanese anime carrying the Railgun.

It's actually really hard to make people sleep for days without killing them. Micheal Jackson's last doctor knows that very well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join