It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deformed dog named "Pig" - Born with no neck

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This was an abandoned puppy, along with siblings, who was rescued. She was born with no neck, and is missing approximately 7 inches of her spine.

As the video shows, she kind of hops like a frog to get up from sitting. She cannot turn her head from side to side to see beside her or behind her, and has to turn her whole body instead.

She seems to be playful and have an adorable personality.

I cannot find the article I read earlier today that stated it was advised by several veterinarians to "put her down" when she was just a small pup, because she would most likely live a painful and miserable life. I think she has proven them wrong!

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Awwww, the dog seems sweet and can at least get around and play. I'm so glad she was rescued!

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Kind of reminds me of a dog doing a landstrider impersonation.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: tinker9917

Why am I thinking about Larry King seeing that dog ?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
That is so awesome. I wish I knew more about it. Like is it healthy? In pain? I love special needs pets.

I have a blind cat that always has its tongue hanging out. Showed up at our house last fall, went out to have a smoke, looked down and there he was.

I thought it was dying. Had no eyes, just puss filled holes and its loooong tongue. Got him some water and he just started rubbing and purring. Most loving cat ever.
Took it to the vet, we figured to be put down. Turns out the eyes were congenital, probably born that way, and the tongue was always hanging out because some trauma had knocked out all its bottom teeth.

$400 later, for antibiotics and shots, and we have a new family member. He is amazing to watch figure things out, if he senses our other cats do it he figures out a way also.

Sorry, went on a ramble there, thanks for the vid Tinker

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

That's actually a better story then the OP...

Perhaps you might show some pics of your cat?

Maybe even write a thread on him?

You are a special kind of person... I hope you know that

respect

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Poor kitty!
Bless you for loving that kitty most others would have turned away

edit on 4-3-2015 by tinker9917 because: correction

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
His legs and body look out of proportion too. Might be some kind of cross breeding. You never know, i have seen animals do some weird stuff. Glad they enjoy the company.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Saw that on viralnova... Were you visiting the "guy lost in cave" thread?
The spine diverts into two just at the neck, I doubt with all the spine deformations he will live a long pleasant life, not saying right now but later

Copy that! Now you have two waiting for a thread stosh64

edit on 4-3-2015 by verschickter because: deleted that smiley who was supposed to look like this :-/ but instead looked like he finds it funny

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Little Pig sure is a special dog all of her own.
I'm so glad she is in loving and caring company.

Keep playing little Pig! You're a sweetie!

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Thank you for your kind response. I have always had a soft spot for animals. Really breaks my heart to see them mistreated.
This is my buddy, Buddy. that's his name
It was mr squeeks at first because when you would hold him he got so into purring that he would squeak when he breathed. Vet said maybe because of whatever trauma he went through that knocked his teeth out.

How could you not love that face??

He didn't look quite this cute when we first saw him, I really thought he was dying.

edit on 3 4 2015 by stosh64 because: for a senior moment

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Aside from the obvious, he really turned out to be a handsome cat.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: tinker9917
It was the last thing on my mind that morning, having another cat. Let alone a special needs cat.

My mom had just passed a couple months before this cat showed up. Mom is where I got my love of animals.
She loved cats and she loved ALL strays, she would get my dad so mad! "Marilyn!! Is that ANOTHER STRAY?!?"
I always loved her for it.

I am convinced she somehow guided him to our door. We live in a rural area, but our house is an old farm house and close to the road. The speed limit is 55 here. No neighbors were missing a cat. All we can figure is someone dropped him off, maybe after abusing it. I don't think this blind cat would have made it very far wandering around our country road.

So I see him as a little gift from my mom.

I'm sorry OP and Mods, I just realized how off topic this was. Forgive me. Got carried away.
Funny, got emotional typing it.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
I think so but I have a bias opinion. I swear he knows he is cute. He works it.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Wonderful!

Thank you for sharing....

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

It did me good to share it. Weird, I don't think I ever spoke about Buddy or mom to anyone. I didn't expect this to be an emotional thread for me. lol thank you for asking

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
You know, when I saw you replied on the thread and scrolled down and saw his ears first I had a big smile on my face like this
xD
But my heart bleeds when I figure he may have been thrown out of a driving car. KUDOS TO YOU for not giving up on him. Does he need some special treatment for the eyes and what do you feed him since he cannot chew?

edit on 4-3-2015 by verschickter because: its a he

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

All his 'eyes', for lack of a better term, require is a wipe once in a great while. He had an infection at first, thus the puss, but after the initial antibiotics they have been fine. Vet said he has tissue where the eyes should be, but it is like they never developed fully into functional eyes.

As far as diet, he is a PIG. I swear he would be 30lbs if we let him. Always begs for people food too. I never feed my pets people food so I don't know where he got that. He eats the dry kibble just fine. We feed the 3 cats Hills prescription easy digestion. Because of course the little princess Cleo has a sensitive tummy. And the Vet recommended special food for the princess. She is too, its so funny.
So instead of messing with different foods for 3 cats they all get the good stuff. lol

But special needs Buddy will eat anything. He does have a few upper teeth left, but I swear he swallows it whole.

He may not have 9 lives left, but I guarantee the ones he has left he is enjoying

Its funny, my other cats, 1 Calico and 1 Bengal, finally warmed up to him and treat him like family. But I have a dog, a shepherd/ husky mix, Sasha, and I swear this 75lb dog is protective of her new 'special' friend.

We find them napping together often. It is too cute for words.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Oh Please, Please get a pic of the dog and kitty together!

This story broke my heart...you are a good, good man.

Bless you and your pets!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Missmissie173

Finally uploaded a pic of them.

And this is why we called Buddy Mr Squeeks at first.

new topics

top topics

join