It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pretty cool dream!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I figure if I write down my dream, I'll be more likely to remember it later!

OK, I'll try to keep it brief but detailed:

I find myself in some kind of school or university. My "teacher" recommends that I go down to a certain lab a few floors down. I find myself inside a lab with a young Asian scientist in a lab coat, and a young (maybe 7 years old?) boy. The boy is incredibly smart, way beyond most adult smart. I get the sense that this is some kind of *very* top secret research program, and that this kid is a part of it.

The two of them are messing around with a ball of grey putty. They are taking a very powerful torch to it, noting that even at the extreme temperatures it does not melt or burn. I'm amused by this.

The scientist lady then begins to ask us questions about the substance. The kid is very articulate and rambles off numbers relating to its resistance to temperature, it's mass and density. I chime in that it might make for a great heat shielding material for re-entry craft. The kid agrees with me. The kid then starts to note his reservations about the material because it's obtained from some kind of plant.

I chime in that perhaps the plant can be cloned or genetically modified to enable better yields of whatever substance is needed to make this putty. The kid ponders this and agrees.

This entire time I notice the scientist woman putting down letter grades next to "questions" on a clip board. After the clip board is filled, the lady informs us that there is reception going on that we're supposed to attend.

We walk down some halls and into what appears to be a large gym, setup with tables for people to hang around at. There had to have been several hundred people there. Over an intercom as we approach the door I hear that top military officials and top scientists in their fields are expected to attend. The military officials are not to wear any uniforms, but black tie formal wear. I think this was to put everyone on a level playing field?

Anyway, this kid and I walk around for a bit -- I don't know anyone, and I can't tell the 5-star generals from the scientists. For some reason I ask the kid where the "people from the oil and gas" are. The kid gets agitated and without pointing, kind of cocks his head sideways and says, "over there. Why are you asking me about the guy that's been staring at you?"

Then I wake up. I have no idea what that dream was all about, but it would appear I was part of some uber top secret research facility involving super genius kids.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Nice one, Mystik.

I wonder if you were remote viewing instead of dreaming.

Your connection may have been interrupted by the guy staring at you.

He may have sensed an unwanted presence within.

S&F!

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Don't know, but sometimes I have dreams that seem a little more "important" than others. This was one of them.

I didn't notice the guy staring at me, but apparently he wasn't very happy. For some reason though I wanted to know where the people associated with oil and natural gas were!

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

You wish to invent something but are worried about it falling into the wrong hands. You remember the school science fairs perhaps.

Beware young asian kids in labcoats. Trust nobody.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Interesting!

The one thing that struck me was how over-the-top secret this was, yet there wasn't any sense of heavy handed security measures. It was like this whole place was tucked away, very far removed from everyone/everything. There wasn't a need for badges or retinal scanners.

I knew I was in over my head when the little kid began to discuss the putty-like material, and I kind of did the "I concur" thing and BS'ed my responses. Apparently someone thought I should be included in the analysis of this material, and allowed to be exposed to this super-genius kid and the young Asian woman assistant.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Beware controlled environments designed to lull you into a false sense of security.

Also, the saying "keep your friends close and your enemies closer" comes to mind. The hard part is working out who is which and from who's point of view.

Sounds like you were being led into a trap.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Two things of note:

1. Normally I don't dream about technical things, so hearing techno-babble was fairly unusual

2. The dream ended in a very typical fashion -- large groups of people. I always dream about large groups of people. Malls, university campuses, hospitals, night clubs, hotels -- there is always "everyone" there in just about every dream I have.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Beats my dream.

Second night in a row that I've dreamed about walking alongside a hedge in an incredibly vibrant green world and then noticing suddenly that I'm surrounded by webs and spiders and being afraid to move for fear that I'd step into one and get spiders all over me. Then there were the voices I could hear in the distance calling me to come on ... but how?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Interesting perspective. Maybe the boy was one of the few, or the only one, who could "see" him, and all of their communication was telepathic.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Yeah that's along the same lines I was thinking too, pal.

Very interesting dream to say the least.
edit on 4-3-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
sounds like you fell asleep watching the Big Bang Theory ! If I fall asleep with the TV on, I end up incorporating into my dream whatever is on the screen. Interesting dream nonetheless.
edit on 4-3-2015 by megabogie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I wouldn't be too surprised if such a thing actually exists. There are charter schools in some rather odd locations. It would be easy to have a cover for such a thing as a special learning program, or something deemed "medical-related" where on-paper a kid may not be able to attend a regular school. Some of the cover could may even be legit on the surface, as some high-functioning autistic people do have savant abilities. Parents also have to be in on it a bit. Rather than exploitation, what they see out of it is a fast-track for higher education and future employment that wouldn't be available otherwise.

But as somebody only seeing things from the edges as an outsider, there's not much way to prove it. Would be one of the better kept secrets, but there's always a chance of some Snowden type personality...

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: pauljs75

What was interesting was how the military brass was mingling with the scientific community after we left the lab. No one was allowed to wear uniforms -- just suits and ties. It was as if the event was to keep everyone "comfortable" with each other.

I wouldn't doubt that there are special "schools" for children that are obviously beyond gifted. I would venture to guess that we will never know of mankind's greatest scientists. I'm fairly certain that the top 1% of the scientific community is identified very early on and swept away into military research programs.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

The kid genius is you in disguise from yourself. You might be afraid to admit that you have what it takes to meet an important demand or to create something awesome. The oil and gas person staring at you is also yourself, the part of you that is afraid to do this invention that your keeping secret from yourself because you are afraid to take that step up for fear of failure. It is top secret because your afraid to do it because if you fail you don't want anyone to know.

My best guess.
lol

Got any projects your working on ?

leolady

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

It sounded sort of like Eureka! episode to me the more I thought about it. Awesome show that.

new topics

top topics

join