It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car used in Nemtsov Murder owned by Russian government Supplier

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Well few people will be surprised to hear that the car used to kill Russian political activist Nemtsov is owned by a company that provides cars to various Russian government agencies.

www.upi.com...

No doubt people will tell you it's a 'provocation' just like Putin did as soon as he heard about the murder. Someone is trying to frame the Russian Government.

Of course the reality might be just as simple as the facts and Occam's Razor dictate. Someone in the Russian Government picked up a car from their car pool and followed Nemtsov all night, choosing to kill him in a symbolic and highly difficult location rather than just outside his quiet apartment door.

Of course there are already a couple suspects wanted, with pictures being circulated within the police state. This provocation will soon be ended. Of course some Russian opposition members have decided to move away. Strangely they don't feel safe in Moscow anymore, despite the extremely efficient Russian police already having suspects to track down.

www.mailtribune.com...

It seems Putin's opposition will be silenced. Surprise Surprise.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This could have easily been planned ahead of time. What better way to pin the blame on Russia? Blame them for supplying the car. When it could have been stolen to portray that the Russian government supplied it. They're not that sloppy.

I am leaning more and more each day to the possibility that Western interests committed this assassination to escalate the Putin smear campaign while also giving a false reason for staged protests...oh I must be crazy, the CIA never causes unrest in other countries!

edit on 4-3-2015 by real_one because: added the stolen part

edit on 4-3-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Was there an ID card found in it too?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic
Was there an ID card found in it too?

No idea if some passports were in the car. No reports of the car being stolen either. It would have been signed out to some government person, so that would be a good person to talk to.

Since they are circulating photos the shooters must have been spotted on camera somewhere. Or picked out of the Patsy bin from Chechnya.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: real_one
I am leaning more and more each day to the possibility that Western interests committed this assassination to escalate the Putin smear campaign while also giving a false reason for staged protests...oh I must be crazy, the CIA never causes unrest in other countries!

If it was Snowden who got pumped full of lead I'd be right there with you! However Nemtsov was the only opposition leader that was allowed on the upcoming ballot in 2016. Nalvany doesn't even have a place in the ballot. Nemtsov was a critical guy in the opposition despite his lack of popularity.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

This could have easily been planned ahead of time. What better way to pin the blame on Russia? Blame them for supplying the car. When it could have been stolen to portray that the Russian government supplied it. They're not that sloppy.

In other words, the more evidence there is it was done by a Russian agent, the more you are inclined to believe it was an American. Interesting logic.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

In other words, the more evidence there is it was done by a Russian agent, the more you are inclined to believe it was an American. Interesting logic.

What evidence?

What the OP presented leads to a whole lot of maybes, nothing more.
(nothing against you OP, just stating that this "evidence" does not prove anything)

How hard is it for someone to steal a vehicle from the Russian government and use it in an assassination? Do you really think the Russian government would use one of their licensed vehicles that can be traced back to them in a high profile hit like this?

Put your thinking hat on, use some logic and you may connect the dots

Cheers bud.

edit on 4-3-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

If it was Snowden who got pumped full of lead I'd be right there with you! However Nemtsov was the only opposition leader that was allowed on the upcoming ballot in 2016. Nalvany doesn't even have a place in the ballot. Nemtsov was a critical guy in the opposition despite his lack of popularity.

But why would you ? wouldn't killing of Snowden point the finger in just one direction ? Same thing about Nemtsov...

I don't get it...why would anyone publicly assassinate his known adversary...and in such manner that the killing is obvious...It just doesn't click for me. This is almost the same to me as when dumb criminals go into banks and rob them without any mask on...

Maybe Putin is crazy...maybe...but is he stupid ? I don't think so. Putin wouldn't risk it. Killing Nemtsov in such a manner could potentialy turn the tide for him concerning the support of the Russian people he enjoys. It just doesn't make sense.

If he wanted to kill Nemtsov...wouldn't it be logical to at least make it look like an accident or something...an unfortunate plane crash or the like...or at least have the patsy ready and waiting ?

It just doesn't make sense.

But than again...if someone is trying to destabilize his rule...than the manner makes perfect sense.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I imagine it is just as easy to steal a car from a Russian security service motorpool and return it without it being missed as it is to turn off all the security cameras guarding the Kremlin. Nope, nothing suspicious here, move along....a reply to: real_one

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
If you want your political opponents to know that resistance is futile, the more blatant, the better.a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I just love how you put an article which disproves what you`re trying to do at the same time.

They say they leave, because it`s utterly useless to do opposition to Putin because his popularity is sky high anyway, so that says at the same time, there `s absolutely no needed for him to do this.
edit on 4 3 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

If you want your political opponents to know that resistance is futile, the more blatant, the better.a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

but your political opponents won't matter...you could lose public support...if you're branded as a murderer...nothing will help you if the people turn on you.

The same message you speak off, could be sent with an accident. Everyone would know it...yet...in the public arena...where proof is required...it would be an accident. Case closed. He could certainly control the investigation.

The dangers outweigh the gain...

But without further speculation...we will see what the ramifications of this will be for him. Certainly not good...whether he did it or didn't.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I imagine it is just as easy to steal a car from a Russian security service motorpool and return it without it being missed as it is to turn off all the security cameras guarding the Kremlin. Nope, nothing suspicious here, move along....a reply to: real_one

The car belonged to the company that has contracts with the Russian government. The car did not come from the governments motor pool.

To connect this to the Russian government is like connecting the US government to 9/11 based on the fact that the manufacturers of the planes used in the attacks, hold contracts with the US government.

I guess the bottom of the barrel is all that is left to go after Putin with. I have not seen ONE credible accusation against Putin or Russia. Not one.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

I have not seen ONE credible accusation against Putin or Russia. Not one.

And you will never see even ONE. Whole investigation is under Putin control, may be with some help from Scotland Yard we have a hope lol.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

OK, the car came from a company that supplies cars to the Russian government.

I haven't heard any news reports saying the car was stolen.

Is it a company like Hertz or Enterprise that will also rent to anyone with a credit card or specifically to the government only?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik
a reply to: MALBOSIA

I have not seen ONE credible accusation against Putin or Russia. Not one.

And you will never see even ONE. Whole investigation is under Putin control, may be with some help from Scotland Yard we have a hope lol.

...and with 9/11 and MH17 it isn`t an argument ?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

but your political opponents won't matter...you could lose public support...if you're branded as a murderer...nothing will help you if the people turn on you.

This argument may work in a democratic society, but not in current Russia dictatorial atmosphere of fear.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It is a company that exclusively provides security to the Russian government. It is partially owned by the Russian government and members of Putin's inner circle. Otherwise, there is nothing to connect it to the Russian government or Vladiir Putin. reply to: gspat

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

This argument may work in a democratic society, but not in current Russia dictatorial atmosphere of fear.

so you're saying...he fears his political opponents...but not the people ?

that makes no sense

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

What the OP presented leads to a whole lot of maybes, nothing more.

Apart from this at the bottom of the piece:

"The Ford car we are talking about does not belong to the Finance Ministry," the ministry told TASS. "This is a vehicle of an in-house security service, an independent [federal state unitary enterprise] providing services to the Finance Ministry, Goznak and other bodies."

Even the Finance Ministry is willing to explain on record for the press that this vehicle belonged to a security service working for Russian government agencies.

So, even when an agency within Russia's own government is pointing out that a Russian government security service owns the car, people are still stretching and reaching to find a way to make it a conspiracy of the evil West.

At what point would any of these people begin to question what they believe? Would they still be claiming it was all an American plot if Putin went live on national news to admit that he had the man murdered?

I can see it now, we'd have threads about how the "CIA used mind-control to make Putin say that!!!!!"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join