It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the “Miraculous Powers”, and what would you do if you had them…?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
What are the “Miraculous Powers”, and what would you do if you had them…?

Here’s the verse that I’m thinking of from 1 Corinthians 12, below…

1 Corinthians 12: 4-11
4 There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.
7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8 To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. 11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.

I’m pretty sure that all the above gifts are true/real etc…but have been curious as to what “miraculous powers” represents…

So what do you guys think they might be…?

And, assuming it’s something on par with Neo from the Matrix movie…then what would you do, with those kinds of powers…?

- JC

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft
In the first place, it would have to be limited to the kind of event which Paul's God would find acceptable.
It would certainly not mean carte blanche to do anything you liked.

When Jesus fed the five thousand and walked upon the water, these actions had teaching functions.

edit on 2-3-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I think they're referring to things like tongues, prophecy, healing. Basically the gifts the Holy Spirit pours out on the disciples.

My understanding of these gifts is that the Holy Spirit gives them out as they are needed and as the Spirit sees fit meaning you don't just necessarily have them all the time.

So for a prophet, you can't sit down and say, "I am going to prophecy," and have it come to you. You receive as the Holy Spirit gives when it gives. You might only ever have one prophecy in your entire life if you have one.

And if you do have a gift given to you once and never again, it doesn't mean that you are suddenly an unworthy Christian and the gift is withdrawn. It just means the Holy Spirit never had the need to pour that gift out on you again.

So to sum up, you wouldn't be able to do anything with the gifts because you wouldn't necessarily have them under your control. They are under the control of the Holy Spirit. So you wouldn't know what you were going to do with them until the time came.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Have you ever looked into reiki ? It's very much become pop culture over the years but at the root of it's teachings, you can learn to heal yourself and others.

It's a lot like the power of prayer en mass, for instance a group of people pray for a specific occurrence, and it happens. What they don't realize is that they are bringing their thoughts into reality by exuding energy outwards from within themselves.

I know it sounds very new-age but it is something worth looking into..at least for the fact that it can prove "miracles" are within our own grasp, IMO.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I would like to be able to shapeshift like the Native American skinwalkers.

I don't know what I would do with that power, but I would sure freak some people out.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I have 3 "powers" that have evolved in my body/consciousness in this life.

1. All souls can pull energy, it is just how much and how aware the body is of it that is different between souls/bodies. I am able to pull enough energy into my body and feel the energy thru my body to achieve the energized body bliss state.

2. The ability to use the energy to calm others thru my hands by pushing energy into their bodies like Reiki but without the symbols. I have the tingling hands. The right more than the left from my point of view. Compared to some other souls I have meet I am a newbi.

3. I can notice synchronicities and can sometimes cause information to be sent to other souls without speech if they have an advanced 3rd eye. Telepathy exists in all souls more or less.

I am not an empath but know some souls who are. They are amazingly beautiful to me to be around. I have never gone out of body even though I do not doubt it is possible.

The state that makes you speak in tongues that makes no sense is weird to me. I see it as to much energy in the brain causing the creative side to be overstimulated resulting in the mind having fun with sound. Like a child speaking foreign language before it has learned the language of the parents.

We separate things into meta physical and physical. But from another perspective "everything that is" is one single whole interconnected on many different levels.

Namaste.
edit on 2-3-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I agree with you that need (need of the soul/need of the holy spirit/need of the whole) is one of the keys to receiving gifts.
. One day I believe the spirit will be known within all soul on earth wearing a human body on a higher level than today. Homo Sapiens Spiritus.

Namaste.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Speaking in tongues (language) is pretty miraculous I think. Think about it, phonetic sounds being received by the ear then somehow transmitted into a thought about what that sound represents. How does that work exactly?

Yes, sound waves hit tiny hairs in the ears and make them vibrate, but what is it that happens after that? Certain chemicals are released in the brain, but how do a certain mixture of chemicals turn into a thought that can be comprehended by the thinker? And what governs those certain chemicals to be released instead of others that would lead to a different thought?

I think we take things for granted most of the time, not realizing how miraculous they truly are because they are so familiar to us. Existence is a miracle in and of itself, so I guess my answer would be that I'd live life as best I could and not take it for granted like most do (in my opinion).

Sorry if that's not a great answer.

S&F (I gave you one earlier but am just now getting to reply).
edit on 3/2/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I am impressed by how a human body/biological life works when you look under the hood. But I do not think the human body is the greatest achievement created.

If speaking in tongues is defined as: "you automatically speaking a language that is needed to be understood" or "understanding a language without have had to learn it" then it would be an amazing gift.

I am myself very bad at learning new languages compared to other things that come easier. Tried to learn Japanese. Failed miserably.

Namaste

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Originally posted by ketsuko
I think they're referring to things like tongues, prophecy, healing. Basically the gifts the Holy Spirit pours out on the disciples.

That’s what I used to think too; but Jesus did say "we would do greater things than him”…And also, why use one word (miraculous powers) to describe having many, or all of the other gifts put together…?

As far as I can gather, with the exception of speaking in tongues and the interpretation of tongues; Jesus did all of the gifts of the Spirit, mentioned in the “1 Corinthians 12: 4-11” verses; but he also did extras on top of those. Like for example, reading others thoughts, having power over the weather, animals and walking on water and many others…all those things seem to fit into the category of “miraculous powers”…IMO

Although many people look at the miracles as just being spiritual metaphors, while others see them as being literal etc…

- JC

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

Originally posted by threeeyesopen
Have you ever looked into reiki ? It's very much become pop culture over the years but at the root of it's teachings, you can learn to heal yourself and others.

It's a lot like the power of prayer en mass, for instance a group of people pray for a specific occurrence, and it happens. What they don't realize is that they are bringing their thoughts into reality by exuding energy outwards from within themselves.

I know it sounds very new-age but it is something worth looking into..at least for the fact that it can prove "miracles" are within our own grasp, IMO.

I’ve never looked into reiki healing, although I have no doubt that it’s works similar to how you described it above; i.e. through our intentions and then it manifests outwards.

I’m not a fundamentalist Christian, I’m more of a unique Gnostic Christian; so Yeah, I believe it works in the same way when Christians do prayer en mass, and that when using both methods, it’s coming from the same loving God/Source energy.

- JC

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Jesus' miracles didn't actually happen literally in my opinion but are, as you say, spiritual metaphors.

Walking on water represents being in the Spirit (air) and not giving into the water (world). Those who "walk in the Spirit" walk on water metaphorically.

Healing the sick represents the healing effects of time (an attribute of the Spirit), some will heal naturally, some with medicine, and others through the death of their body and resurrection into a new body that is not sick.

Giving sight to the blind represents coming to gnosis, or knowing yourself. Jesus' words have helped me to see when I was once blind to myself. He didn't literally make a blind person see, it represents his teachings helping others to come out of ignorance.

Water into wine is a whole other thing though. It represents (in my opinion) the churches teachings about Jesus (literal miracles) getting them "drunk" instead of them drinking the pure water that it was before. They turned the "living waters" into "drunken wine". What does Revelation say? That people have gotten drunk off the wine of the adultress, the church is the adultress, it's doctrine the "living water" being turned into wine.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Do not know if you are interested in microtubules, but I have a feeling they are connected with how the body uses and transmits energy on quantum level.

Discovery of quantum vibrations in 'microtubules' inside brain neurons supports controversial theory of consciousness.

A review and update of a controversial 20-year-old theory of consciousness claims that consciousness derives from deeper level, finer scale activities inside brain neurons. The recent discovery of quantum vibrations in "microtubules" inside brain neurons corroborates this theory, according to review authors. They suggest that EEG rhythms (brain waves) also derive from deeper level microtubule vibrations, and that from a practical standpoint, treating brain microtubule vibrations could benefit a host of mental, neurological, and cognitive conditions.

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

I don't either, it's what's inside the body that counts.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleByLittle
1. All souls can pull energy, it is just how much and how aware the body is of it that is different between souls/bodies. I am able to pull enough energy into my body and feel the energy thru my body to achieve the energized body bliss state.

Are you able to manifest the energy from inside of you, as well…? According to one scientific theory, we have the power of ten thousand Suns within us…I assume they mean, at the sub-atomic level.

2. The ability to use the energy to calm others thru my hands by pushing energy into their bodies like Reiki but without the symbols. I have the tingling hands. The right more than the left from my point of view. Compared to some other souls I have meet I am a newbi.

Sounds like an amazing gift too have…what does the energy feel like…?; and if you don’t mind me asking, do you also get a tingling in your third eye, when you do the healings…?; just curious…

I think you’re a fairly well balanced person, i.e. between your logical (left) brain and creative (right) brain sides, just going off of your previous post etc…But you’re logical mind is just slightly more dominant in my view; nothing wrong with that of course.

The left side of the brain controls the right side of the body, and vice versa; The left brian is connected with logic, which is why your right hand tingles, more than your left IMO…

3. I can notice synchronicities and can sometimes cause information to be sent to other souls without speech if they have an advanced 3rd eye. Telepathy exists in all souls more or less.

Yes, I believe that telepathy is a real phenomena; Rupert Sheldrake seems to have produced some very positive results, in some of his experiments.

I am not an empath but know some souls who are. They are amazingly beautiful to me to be around. I have never gone out of body even though I do not doubt it is possible.

I’ve been out body myself once, when I was younger; very strange experience. There’s a poster here on Ats; goes by the name of Vethumanbeing lol you’ve probably seen her around; she apparently goes out of body on a regular basis…you should look her up; Here on Ats I mean, not out of body lol

The state that makes you speak in tongues that makes no sense is weird to me. I see it as to much energy in the brain causing the creative side to be overstimulated resulting in the mind having fun with sound. Like a child speaking foreign language before it has learned the language of the parents.

Well, believe it or not, there are people out there with the gift of interpretations of tongues (mentioned 1 Corinthians 12: 10) and they can apparently understand what’s being spoken. I witnessed this myself, back when I first began going to an evangelical church many years ago. Although, universal God/source spirit, having it’s own language, kind of makes a lot of sense to me.

We separate things into meta physical and physical. But from another perspective "everything that is" is one single whole interconnected on many different levels.

Yes, we humans do to tend to label and categorize things into groups, just to make it easier to distinguish it/them from each other etc…

But yes, everything is interconnected at/to a base root. Items/objects have other ingredients on top of them, to make them have a unique form, and just to make them distinguishable from other stuff; but ultimately, the same base root exists within ALL things IMO…

- JC

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Very interesting. I'm thinking science may finally be catching up to what spiritual teachers have been saying for ages now. What religion calls "God" is actually the mechanics that allow life (consciousness) to take place.

Science and spirituality are very closely connected in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

VHB is a girl?! That's news to me, I always assumed she was a guy. She has a very unique writing style, for some reason that style made me think she was a guy, not sure why that is.

edit on 3/2/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
VHB is a girl?! That's news to me, I always assumed she was a guy. She has a very unique writing style, for some reason that style made me think she was a guy, not sure why that is.

That’s what I thought a first, but then the truth was revealed via my Spidey senses, and from Vet herself…I hope she doesn’t mind me spilling the beans here...

And Yeah, “unique” writing style, is the Word! lol

- JC

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Are you able to manifest the energy from inside of you, as well…? According to one scientific theory, we have the power of ten thousand Suns within us…I assume they mean, at the sub-atomic level.

I had a spiritual experience that gave me energy on the head and third eye sensor (middle of the forehead). I can describe it as spiritual water since it is a tingling energy the feels a little bit like static charge moving on my skin. My sense of touch increased in my whole body.

It sometimes is annoying since it sometimes feel to much and you have to touch the spot of the tingling. It is like having a cap on the head sometimes that moves slightly.

I was extremely disconnected from anything here on earth when it happened. After a while the energy changed and I became more connected to this place again and the energy went down in the body where it causes a heat sensation going up the back. Sometimes this heat is a bit too much for me since I am not fond of heat and like things lower temperature.

I had the tingles in my fingers but it was lower than they are now. Went a Reiki course and she was able to make the flow higher in both right and left. When I do Reiki on others I feel both tingle and heat in my hands even if the person I do it on might not feel as much. I had three people do Reiki at the same time on me and I jumped out of the bed after 10 seconds since they where causing very much heat, laughing my ass off.

Played around with sensing reiki without looking and I can feel where they are without seeing it, by the difference in heat and tingle. My reiki is not stronger than my reiki friends. I am a newbi at helping others.

I am sensitive to audio/music as it increases heat and tingle at times.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I love logic

Well, believe it or not, there are people out there with the gift of interpretations of tongues (mentioned 1 Corinthians 12: 10) and they can apparently understand what’s being spoken. I witnessed this myself, back when I first began going to an evangelical church many years ago. Although, universal God/source spirit, having it’s own language, kind of makes a lot of sense to me.

I am not sure what to think about tongues if it is what is going on in my brain sometimes.
. It is just weird but funny.

do you also get a tingling in your third eye

Tingle, pressure, something spinning. There is a sensor right on top of the nose between the eyes that can be really annoying when it starts to play around having to touch it to not sense the itching.

I cannot really make out individual chakras as separate since the heat in the back is all over the place.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join