It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Wife is being Scammed by the NTTA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
That's the North Texas Tollway Authority.

They want $26.16 for running toll booths on the Sam Rayburn Tollway.

The van nor her has ever been to Texas nor do we know where the hell this tollway is.

Here's their evidence . A scrubbed out blackened picture of her plate illuminated by some type of light.

That's it. No picture of a white vehicle , which would 've shown up in a normal pic. There's two of what appears to be little white circles above and on either side but i can't tell what they are.I'm having to use an X10 coin magnifier to see this.

Where or how they got this picture , I have no idea. My opinion is , if it is her actual plate , it had to have been taken somewhere here in this area, and sent to them for them to use in this scam.

I know it's only $26.16, but it's the principal of the thing. We cannot afford this and now we are gonna have to beg , borrow or steal it so they won't raise the fine to $500.00 and put a hold on her registration .

Texas I hate you!

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: thishereguy

I would contact your registration agency and inquire about this. Maybe they cannot put a registration block if you're not in Texas?

Is there a way to contest it?

All the camera enforcement crap is a massive scam. Red light cams and toll booth cameras are both easy to fake and can provide inaccurate results.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
How many states are you away from Texas?
Does the license number and state match the one in the picture?
How long have you had this license number?

You could take a picture of the rear of your vehicle including the license plate and explain that you have never been in Texas.

You can also try to include and document that would show you were in your home state at the time the picture from NTTA was taken.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

well, we're gonna attempt to call Texas on Tuesday , because they are closed Mondays.

it does show her plate number but we don't know how they got the pic. they are in cahoots with someone up here is all i can think of.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MinangATS
How many states are you away from Texas?
Does the license number and state match the one in the picture?
How long have you had this license number?

You could take a picture of the rear of your vehicle including the license plate and explain that you have never been in Texas.

You can also try to include and document that would show you were in your home state at the time the picture from NTTA was taken.

we are in illinois , we've had the plate since we bought the van and like i've said we've never been to texas.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

As i keep looking at this picture , with the X10 coin magnifier, it shows no state on the plate nor a sticker where one would be for our state. it's pixelized as hell . reminds me of a faked UFO pic, lol.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Just shut up and pay....ya like the super corrupt gov of Texas would send people out to photograph plates and send them threatening letters for amounts so small most would just pay it instead of fighting!!!

Oh wait, they in fact probably would.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

yeah, but threatened to add more and put a hold the registration. the bastards.

link   
The more likely explanation is that this is a scam...in general, and not even coming from NTTA.

There are a wealth of stories like this on the web.

edit on 1-3-2015 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: thishereguy
That's the North Texas Tollway Authority.

They want $26.16 for running toll booths on the Sam Rayburn Tollway.

The van nor her has ever been to Texas nor do we know where the hell this tollway is.

Here's their evidence . A scrubbed out blackened picture of her plate illuminated by some type of light.

That's it. No picture of a white vehicle , which would 've shown up in a normal pic. There's two of what appears to be little white circles above and on either side but i can't tell what they are.I'm having to use an X10 coin magnifier to see this.

Where or how they got this picture , I have no idea. My opinion is , if it is her actual plate , it had to have been taken somewhere here in this area, and sent to them for them to use in this scam.

I know it's only $26.16, but it's the principal of the thing. We cannot afford this and now we are gonna have to beg , borrow or steal it so they won't raise the fine to $500.00 and put a hold on her registration .

Texas I hate you!

Escape from Texas. Escape while you still can.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

a reply to: johnwick

yeah, but threatened to add more and put a hold the registration. the bastards.

Which is exactly what makes a scam like this work so well.

"Just pay $26 or we will charge you $500 and put a lien on your home"

Kinda like "fire" insurance from the mob..."either pay us "protection" money every week, or we can't guarantee your business won't burn down"

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

we are not in texas nor have we ever been there. i'm hating texas more and more .

TeXAS U Suck.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

well the letter sure looks official , even got a phone number in texas to call. but wait we could have save $8.76 if we had a ZipCash Toll Tag.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
If I were you I would check that the phone number you were given is in fact from the agency who contacted you. Maybe a scam and the actual number is different. I would look them up and see if the numbers match. If not call the actual number and see if there is a record of the letter you were sent.

By the way if the number is not real the cops may be very interested in the scammer.
edit on 3/1/2015 by lonegurkha because: to add

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

well the letter sure looks official , even got a phone number in texas to call. but wait we could have save $8.76 if we had a ZipCash Toll Tag.

Have you Googled the phone number to see what comes up?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Look up the phone number Here

If it is a scam most likely this number will be already in the database.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: FalafelBallz

yes and it comes up NTTA.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

yes thank you

NTTA unpaid Toll Collections

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link