It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Wife is being Scammed by the NTTA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: thishereguy
a reply to: seeker1963

yes thank you

NTTA unpaid Toll Collections

Your welcome!
Glad I could help!

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

There are lots of tollways in Texas. The Sam Houston tollway is the worst. You get to pay for the privilege of sitting in bumper to bumper traffic.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: thishereguy

edit on 3/1/2015 by Klassified because: DUH! Missed BH's post on page one.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

ok, looks more and more the scam gonna use the link you provided .

gotta go away for awhile to get on the site.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

What's weird is the fact that you've never been to Texas and live all the way in Illinois. So far all of the people I've read being victims of the scam are Texas residents. Is it possible that someone could've taken your van down there while you guys were visiting with relatives or something?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Found this on the NTTA website.

How does cashless tolling work for non-TollTag customers?

Non-TollTag customers pay tolls via ZipCash, the NTTA’s pay-by-invoice option. With ZipCash, cameras at each tolling point photograph vehicle license plates, and invoices are mailed to the vehicle owners registered with the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles. ZipCash rates include a 50% premium to cover processing and collection costs.

What about vehicles with out-of-state license plates?

NTTA currently partners with a third party to acquire out-of-state vehicle information. NTTA aggressively pursues all tolls owed, whether the vehicle is registered in Texas or another state. Visitors can open a Zip-Pass account for $5 per day with a $20 minimum balance to cover their tolls. Simply call Customer Service at 972-818-NTTA (6882).

There is also an Ombusman

The NTTA Ombudsman ensures fairness and consistency by reviewing disputed invoices that are unable to be resolved in its Customer Service Department.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

or maybe the number plate is a clone , here in the UK they are known as ringers , get yourself a stolen van or car then find a car or van of the same model and copy the number plate .

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

i'm back . i went straight to the source and fired off an e-mail . will hear in 2 business days . lol.

it was them , they are mistaking my plate number with somebody elses. hell you can't even see a state on the pic.just a number.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

What's weird is the fact that you've never been to Texas and live all the way in Illinois. So far all of the people I've read being victims of the scam are Texas residents. Is it possible that someone could've taken your van down there while you guys were visiting with relatives or something?

no, lol the van is always parked where we see it and we never loan our only transportation out. the violation is for july of 2013. we weren't there neither was the van. we's poor up here.can't afford the grocies.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: thishereguy

i'm back . i went straight to the source and fired off an e-mail . will hear in 2 business days . lol.

it was them , they are mistaking my plate number with somebody elses. hell you can't even see a state on the pic.just a number.

They probably had a partial plate picture & their obviously thorough search (/sarc) into potential matches landed on you. Gotta love the system we live in.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MinangATS

gonna bookmark this.

Ombusman

thanks , got an e-mail off to them awhile ago.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

yes, i am thinking that's what's happened. been up all night looking at it. it's so tiny i have to use a X10 coin magnifier to see the number and the other weird little light looking things in the pic , other than that it's scrubbed black and pixeled. doesn't show a vehicle. ours is white , it should've shown .

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Call the state office...PERIOD>
This is a SCAM !!!
Do not send any $$ to anyone until you talk to the state official.. get thier name and ID # when you do talk to them.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
SCAM!! And when You call on Tuesday make sure You speak w/a Supervisor and get their contact # and ID #.. I'd bet it is going to be the pee'd off employee that feels they don't make enough $$. The scam works similar to Your Ohio/Illinois Narco Traffic Stops. Get a guy from out of town/state and they are more apt to just send in the amount out of fear the fine will grow, sound familiar?

Over 93% of folks incarcerated are there under a "plea agreement", 7 years sounds better than 20. $23.81 is a lot better than $500.00 They work on FEAR. Fear not You've never been to Texas.

In 2000 I got a phone call from a Lady from Dillards™ in Texas, at the time I'd never heard of them. She went on to say that I owed them $1,300.00. This Lady then called My Wife and told Her that I was having an affair with a "co-conspirator" This was a case of "Identity Theft" The Dillards™ Lady never apologized but said "Oh" when I showed Her receipts where the guy signed using a different middle initial, closing the door after the horse left..

Don't take "No" as an answer. If it gets too hairy have Your local P.D./Sheriff take a picture of Your plate for comparisons.

Don't pay anything!

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
NTAA is a real organization - I pay $40 to them every month
There's too many toll roads in TX.

The interesting thing is I've been told they're a foreign owned company...so...ya...

I hate NTAA...they suck...but it's probably a real bill, just not to the right person obviously.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join