It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Freezing Homeless Child! (Social Experiment)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Well, if I saw a kid in that state I would have called to police.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Around here, no one would just walk by without giving or getting help for the kid. Because people saw this being filmed, they may have believed it was an experiment of some kind. I don't care what State it was in, I don't believe that everyone would have just left this kid like that if they truly believed he was legit and homeless.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Amazing isnt it how those with less give more,......and the trapping of money,the more you have the harder you try to hang on to it,a little like an illness of sorts ..

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Well, if I saw a kid in that state I would have called to police.

I am not so sure being shot and or tazed would really have helped this kid

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Well cameras are pretty small these days it would not have been all that hard to film covertly....so i am not so sure everyone walking by could see the people filming.....all speculation of course ....

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I have seen other vids just like this one. I'm wondering if they are all shot in NYC. If they are and this is how the people normally act there, there is something terribly wrong with the people there. It is inhumane and unforgiveable. Even if I wasn't sure if this kid was scamming people, I would have alerted someone who could look into it. There aren't too many kids who put up with that kind of cold just for an experiment as this one did, so I would be more inclined to offer my own assistance. I would never just ignore such a thing and neither would anyone around here where I'm from.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

society is messed up and our priorities are warped. Sad !!!!

On another note it does answer another question:

If you are ever become a wanted man don't try to escape to Mexico, just become homeless in plain site.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The difficulty I have with this is that it is so contrived. The kid's clothes have obviously been cut then torn, but are otherwise unworn and clean. He looks like exactly what he is, a kid pretending to be in need. I am not sure though that any of those walking past would even notice those details, some don't want to see so they choose not to, whether it is a kid pretending or one that is genuinely in need. I dealt with an incident at my work just after Christmas, it was reported to me that two men were using drugs and 'scaring' visitors in one of the buildings. When I went to check it out, it turned out to be two young lads, barely sixteen and runaways, not even a shred of bumfluff on their soft little faces. No one had even bothered to go ask them who they were or what they were up to, they were too 'scared', and these are grown men and women, they hadn't even got close enough to realise they were just children. Mind boggling. Fear is an excuse for not wanting to get involved.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I have seen other vids just like this one. I'm wondering if they are all shot in NYC. If they are and this is how the people normally act there, there is something terribly wrong with the people there.

It does make one wonder,that is a possibility ...i get the impression the larger the city with the larger population the more disconnected people are from each other....

i live in a small town in the country and the sense of community here is amazing,i would not give that up for anything,and yeah around here i do not believe people would just ignore someone in that situation...

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

If you are ever become a wanted man don't try to escape to Mexico, just become homeless in plain site.

Sad but true.....

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Amazing isn't it how those with less give more,…...and the trapping of money,the more you have the harder you try to hang on to it,a little like an illness of sorts ..

Its not their fault really, its a life time of conditioning they have been given to be ambitious and "successful", to fear "failure".

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Amazing isn't it how those with less give more,…...and the trapping of money,the more you have the harder you try to hang on to it,a little like an illness of sorts ..

Its not their fault really, its a life time of conditioning they have been given to be ambitious and "successful", to fear "failure".

Agreed.... failure being related to financial success or should i say lack of it...Cant say i am a big fan of that thinking ....my father is a great example he was financially successful...but parenting his 3 children he was a complete failure..do not get me wrong he provided everything,we went to the best schools had the best toys...he was just never there for any of us.....so i guess failure or success is in the eye of the beholder ....

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

maybe they saw the guy with the camera or recognized it as a social experiment or scam or at cetera?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
It was obviously freezing cold! Are we to believe that that young teen, in nothing but a thin torn Tshirt, stayed there for over two hours like that? I don't think so. It did seem a bit contrived, and passersby may have thought so, too.

However, it drove home the message. Pay attention. If you see somebody suffering unnecessarily, do something.

Personally, if this were real, I would have stopped, walked up to him, questioned his predicament, called the authorities, then waited there till they showed up. Meantime, I would have removed my coat and put it around him.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

maybe they saw the guy with the camera or recognized it as a social experiment or scam or at cetera?

You'd think someone would've at least asked if that was the case.

That said, never underestimate humanity's inhumanity.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I remember this video with the same hidden camera experiment, made in Oslo, Norway in 2013. Maybe New Yorkers are kind of... well, special?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

no....it's a lifetime of being screwed over by people that you trusted WERE telling you the truth, and not trying to scam you.....for me, it was learning that the head of the Red Cross makes $500,000 a year just in salary, or the raggedy guy panhandling, fold up his cardboard sign, walk a block, and get into his 6 or 7 year old Toyota Camry and drive away, or a tip jar in starbucks, or my niece asking me for 1,000 loan, because she owed money to a loan shark, and then finding out she used it for a vacation trip...never got that money back, by the way

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: imawlinn
What a sick society we have become!

You are right, but, not in the way that you think. I'm one of those who would have walked right on by. It isn't worth it. Any time a man has an interaction with a child he runs the risk of being labeled a pedophile. I used to eat lunch at a park near where I work until I had the Police called on me because some child's mother called them about the "strange man" who was always sitting at the picnic table when she brought her child to the park.

Last year I load my great niece and two of her friends into my car to take them for ice cream. When we get to the ice cream stand a police car pulls in behind me. There was a report that I had taken the girls. When the officer saw that I had their car seats installed there wasn't a problem.

Now lets go back to the freezing child. We know now that is was a supposed "social experiment", but what if it was a different type of experiment? Anybody ever watch Dateline? Anybody remember where they lured a person in pretending to be a child?

Sorry it isn't worth the risk these days.

Yes. What a sick society we have become.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

There's something wrong with people. The lack of Humanity is insulting. People have always been inherently selfish and self serving but it seems to have hit a new summit within this generation. Were this a smaller town, this probably would never have happened.

The deeper into a City you go, the less charity you seem to see, unless it's Christmas time.
edit on 25-9-2017 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Am I the the only one who felt sorry for the homeless man who came to help? For real, though, I've been homeless, and I was lucky to have the people I had around me and the situation I had in front of me. But, this kid is like 15. This homeless guy was sitting across from him staring at him for the entire two hours that people were walking by. He's obviously skeptical, as he should be, and when he finally offers help, he realized he's been had. Poor guy has spent untold hours of distrust at humanity, and then this happens to him.

No piano music played for me when I was starving through the winter, sitting in abandoned houses. I hope these guys got all the clicks and likes and ad revenue they were hoping for. Disgusting. This is the millennial way if exploiting the disadvantaged and y'all fell for it.
edit on 25-9-2017 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join