It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Freezing Homeless Child! (Social Experiment)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Watching this kind of thing really raises my heart rate...i find it unbelievable so many heartless souls can just walk past this kid.....this kid is in freezing conditions and for 2 hours people just walk by and ignore him freezing,until a homeless man comes and gives him his jacket and more....unbelievable ....this homeless guy has a heart of gold i wish i could say the same for all of those people who most likely consider themselves upstanding citizens....what a world eh......

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
it's kind of chilling isn't it?
they are humans, in every respect identical to us (duh) and yet they exists as ghosts, there but not really.
And we seem to ignore that it could happen to us to not have anything left, and to become a ghost too.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Wow. That's all. Just wow.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

Chilling ! nice pun.......yeah i cannot get my head around it....this kind of thing breaks my heart.....
edit on 28-2-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I'm certainly NOT making excuses, BUT.... In this day and age folks are terrified of doing anything for or to someone else's child. There are many reasons for this, however, I am shocked to my core to see so many folks ignoring this. I am a mother and I would have given him the shirt off my back, consequences be damned.

It is a shame that our society can walk past situations like this and not blink an eye, but it is also sad that this same society is quick to pin labels on folks such as "pedophile" for the mere act of giving a child their coat. Shouts of "grooming" a child are feared like nothing else on this planet.

I am sad for both situations. More than I can say.

edit on 2/28/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

dude that was totally unintentional
some prime subliminal messaging going on there

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I had not really thought of it from that angle but it could be part of the mindset ..... either way pretty sad state of affairs

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
This is so sad, had me welling up

How can they all walk past him like that? Are they just thinking someone else will help so they won't bother? Maybe they think it's a scam, I have had a discussion about helping homeless people in the past and the majority said they would not help in case they were being conned. How sad that most would see a child freeze just in case they might lose face.

I would be interested to see what those members who are adamant that everyone is responsible for themselves and is capable of improving their financial situation would say about this. Would you help this child or should he suffer for his or his parents' apparent 'failings'?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

Chill out man its cool

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Scouse100

Hard to say really....is it total programming or are people just that heartless and self interested or as kangaruexEwe pointed out possibly scared of being labelled,and kinda the same thing losing face as you mention....

I could not walk past this kid or any other for that matter in a situation like that...how he got there really is irrelevant,a little help to someone in need can go along way

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Shocking but at the same time there may be many reasons for this... Some people just don't notice the world around them, some people are unsure what to do and also this is a video that coul have been edited in such a way or even faked. Not saying it is but it's unlikely it would get many views if several people stopped To help.

I would have stopped had I seen that..

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Kind'a bothers me that this was done as a "prank", but I understand the social experiment they were conducting there. Absolutely mind-blowing how many people walked by.

My spouse and i wouldn't be able to pass by. She's quite adamant about such things, but in this case, even I couldn't keep walking without lending the kid some help. Listening to him shiver and freeze was enough for me..

Odd, how those of us with a little, give more, then those who have a lot.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Only people with nothing to lose have everything to give.

I been there, I know how un fettered "the homeless" are.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
There is no way on earth I would have just walked by. I have a fear of beeing too cold and couldn't, just couldn't walk past him. I haven't got any money but I would have bought a couple of cheap jumpers from somewhere for him.
I'm not just saying that, have been [with a friend] the only one that helped a collapsed man. We put him into the safe position [shouldn't have in this case, as we later found out. He had a stroke. But we were told we did the right thing anyway - at least we did something] and asked people to call an ambulance [before mobile phones] and they all just stood there and stared, or walked by until I went into a nearby shop and asked myself.

It's weird but in a city, your responsibility seems shared with so many others that everyone hopes that someone else will do something. And in effect this is true. Amongst 100 walking by, there WILL be one that won't.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
What a sick society we have become! This makes my blood boil watching this video. This was a child laying on the freezingsidewalk ! There's really no hope for this country in my honest opinion. Truely pathetic. And bravo to the homeless man for helping this child, giving him the coat off his back and probably his only few dollars.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I saw this video a few days ago, pretty cool! A step up for these who usually get their views by getting socked in the face "in the hood".

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Not sure if someone had said it yet, but...personally, I would be skeptical as to what was actually happening if I were walking by and saw a person with a camera focused on this child. I might stop and ask what's up with the camera and why they are filming a homeless child, but beyond that, I'd probably keep walking too.

Now if there wasn't a person obviously filming, raising my suspicions, there is no doubt I would stop and do all I can to help.

Experiment fail.

This doesn't mean I don't think there is a very serious issue with homeless youth or homeless in general. Truly pathetic that our society is, for the most part, totally fine with homelessness.
edit on thpamSat, 28 Feb 2015 07:51:32 -0600k1502America/Chicago2851 by Sparkymedic because: (no reason given)

edit on thpamSat, 28 Feb 2015 07:52:56 -0600k1502America/Chicago2852 by Sparkymedic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
That's why I don't like New York. I worked there for a while and I remember the people walking onthe streets and also the homeless people in the subway stations full of rats and the streets. It's true, the video shows a fact.

I never came back to NYC since I found a job in NJ. Thank God.

I have a bag with some clothes and some food in my car, ready for next homeless I'll find. Last time I remember there was a couple, she was pregnant. I cry remembering them, I know they had problems with drugs. I don't know what happened with the baby and that hurts me. I made them eat a lot, knowing I won't see them again.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The good samaritan cones to mind. A man beaten and bloody, laying on the side of the road two thousand years ago, and a child freezing to death today. People haven't changed. On here everyone is incensed, but the reality is what we see in the video. Walk by and leave it to someone else. Its not my job, I don't have time, I'm not qualified, something bad will happen, I don't do windows.

99 out of a hundred people suck at helping others.
edit on 28-2-2015 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This experiment from the same guys had me really touched

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join