It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Colour Is This Dress, ATS??? Genuine Social Experiment... Or Ultimate Troll Experiment???

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lostmymarbles
a reply to: James1982

So far nothing. But I'll check on it every now and again. It just blew my mind that the picture changed when it really didn't lol. I lost it lol.

I'm seriously starting to wonder if the images are being tampered with or something, which is why I keep referring back to the image I made with a cutout from the image when I saw it first, if that also appears different then I would put it down to some weird image thing but so far the comparison I made always looks brown, so I don't know lol

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: James1982

originally posted by: Lostmymarbles

So far nothing. But I'll check on it every now and again. It just blew my mind that the picture changed when it really didn't lol. I lost it lol.

I'm seriously starting to wonder if the images are being tampered with or something, which is why I keep referring back to the image I made with a cutout from the image when I saw it first, if that also appears different then I would put it down to some weird image thing but so far the comparison I made always looks brown, so I don't know lol

Images are not being tampered with as people in the same room looking at the same thing are seeing the different images.

I was hoping to see it switch back to yellow / white like it did briefly for me yesterday but it's still blue and black. Seeing it on TV as yellow and white seemed to make it change everywhere for me. For maybe a minute.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

What colour is the dress...

Not what colour is the specifically selected block of pixelation you have selected from the photo...

It's blue and black.
edit on 28-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

?

Hah nice Charlie.

i legitmately saw white and a copperish color.

Its a total optical illusion, trick of the light and a damn good one at that.

In that image you provided the light washes put the black with a copper like color. As for the blue, i am honestly stunned. before it looked clearly white, however, after i checked the amazon site and saw it in its clearly vivid and saturated black and blue, i came back here and EVERY picture went from looking white and copper to black and blue. Totally trippy!

One clue for those of you seeing white and gold, take a look at the area to the right of the dress. THAT is white.

I wonder if reading responses from people who see black and blue changes the readers perception...

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I know the answer, but still say it looks white and gold.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1Providence1
I wonder if reading responses from people who see black and blue changes the readers perception...
It doesn't change mine. The dress is black and blue but the colors in the photo don't match the colors of the dress.

Our eyes can lie to us sometimes, but this is just one of many ways that cameras can lie to us also. Other famous camera "lies" are "rods" and "blurds" which are usually insects and birds (also could be bats sometimes) that look somewhat different than insects and birds in the photos.

edit on 28-2-2015 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
If you people don't see it blue and black you are being controlled by aliens and there is no hope for humanity

LMAO!

BTW, I see gold and white also.

Rebel 5

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

What colour is the dress...

Not what colour is the specifically selected block of pixelation you have selected from the photo...

It's blue and black.

You're not looking at the dress, you're looking at a picture of the dress, made up of pixels. The block I showed wasn't a single pixel anyway, it was as large of a block I could cut out without dipping into the blue/white portion of the dress. I'm not doing any trickery here, I made another color comparison in the picture below, no zooming in of the blocks, just simple cut and paste of blocks from the original picture with a line drawn to where they were cut from. I sampled a block from different parts of the dress, again compared it to black. If you don't believe me do it yourself.

Do those blocks look black? My point is, if you are seeing black when it's part of the dress, but not seeing black when the sections are removed from the dress, then the picture does not show black, it shows brown and your mind is playing tricks with you. The real dress may very well be black, but the picture does not show black it shows brown. Those of us seeing tan/brown are seeing the color actually displayed by the picture. Those seeing black are interpreting the color, not just seeing it as it is displayed. If you compare the color to a color palette it's brown/tan, not black.

edit on 28-2-2015 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
its blue and brown-goldish stuff

white ??? are you folks for real ??

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
OKKKKK, so until today I thought this whole thing was just a big troll experiment, but unless my grandparents and aunt are in on it, they all saw black and blue. So i guess there is some science behind it, lol.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
BLEACH THAT MTF DRESS OMG I SWEAR!!!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
a reply to: Anyafaj

Well, short answer is I gave my opinion, was attacked for it (something im quite used to by now), & it escalated as I try to get my position & world views across (I've yet to encounter anyone who even truly slightly grasps the reality I live in, including 6 psychiatrists & a forensic neuropsychologist)

There is no such thing as an important endeavor, & I probably care more about this dress than any of putins rivals or recent antics of the global elite you mention. This dress thing just represents how skewed modern humanities priorities are.

This is the post I was replying to in your quote. I don't think my responses fall in the "Don't like it don't post" category.

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
a reply to: Eunuchorn

My bad. They must have nothing better to do than to post pictures of dresses on the internet that may or may not go viral in an effort to distract people from the # that really matters, because someone on ATS said so.

I mean hey, if I were in the illuminati or whatever it is (maybe the bilderberg group?), I might have better things to do, but I'm not. So what do I know?

It's official. The Dress is a lie. You have all been duped. Something really important just happened while we were talking about this, but it was so important we'll never know what it was because of a dress.

& I wasn't the first one to bring up this being a distraction scheme; should those members not have posted either?

For the record, I'm not trying to sound antagonistic (which, I admit, I have a habit of doing :saint

I was just honestly curious. I must have missed a post or two. I didn't see that one. I apologize. I can understand wanting to defend yourself. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I sincerely appreciate that.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

ps: I hate memes.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gemwolf
a reply to: TrueBrit

Aw man. Pity. Maybe it'll work for someone else. Works for me and at least one other person.

It worked for me on another webpage. I did basically the same thing, and used something of a split screen type display, and looked at a white space in the middle, focusing on that. White space, while all the images were in peripheral view.

Amazingly now, I can change the white/gold dress back and forth at will, simply by removing the other images from my view and closing my eyes for a few moments, allowing them to rest. Going back and staring again, at the black and blue images in my peripheral view with what I perceive to be the white and gold dress, it actually changes before my eyes. The first time, it was slow, now, it happens faster.

I do not think it has anything to do with computer screens, computer saturation, ambient lighting, or anything else. I think it has to do with people's individual surrounds and the colors their e*yes* are saturated with.

For instance, in my environment, I have lots of light colors, beiges, tans, golds, and pale greens. I am willing to bet that those that see blue and black are surround largely in their surroundings, by darker more saturating colors, and those that see white and gold have surroundings more similar to mine.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

stahhp

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Ok, I'm weirded out. The first time I saw the dress in this thread, I saw a white & gold dress. Then after someone quoted the OP afterward, I saw it suddenly as black & blue. Now it's white & gold again.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheFlesh1980

After that edit to make it black and blue the gold just turned brown. The top of the dress is partially in direct light exposing the gold/white color. From an artist's perspective, I'm 95% sure its white/gold. Also the blue/black dress people post from amazon isn't the same one, different pattern and missing a bunch of fabric compared to the original dress

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
light blue/lavender and goldish brown is all ive seen since I first looked at the pic with my 1920x1080 monitor and lasic corrected eyes

p.s. im a male, 27 yrs old
edit on 3/1/2015 by smarterthanyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I see it pale blue and dark brown...

With Photoshop:

Can some of you that see it white and gold do the same test? Curious to see what PS will say

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Different people see things differently. I'm colorblind (I do see colors, just not the same way as "normal" people), and I see it as blue and brown/black. I can't even comprehend how it looks white and gold to some (and no, for me, lightness doesn't change it....always blue and black). Then again, I can see a gray dog and it looks green to me....so, social experiment.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join