It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OH NOOO!,ISIS Destroys 3,000-Year-Old Mosul Museum Artifacts

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
www.ibtimes.com...

Footage has emerged of militants with the Islamic State taking sledgehammers and pickaxes to ancient Assyrian artifacts at the Mosul Museum in Iraq. In the video, dated February 2015 and published online by the Islamist group, also known as ISIS, militants can be seen knocking over statues dating back to the Assyrian empire, which thrived in the region between 2500 B.C. and 605 B.C. Some of the artifacts were 3,000 years old.

ISIS has occupied the museum since the summer of 2014 and has previously threatened to destroy its artifacts, which the group said are against Islam. "These ruins that are behind me, they are idols and statues that people in the past used to worship instead of Allah," one IS militant states in the video. "The Prophet Mohammed took down idols with his bare hands when he went into Mecca. We were ordered by our prophet to take down idols and destroy them, and the companions of the prophet did this after this time, when they conquered countries."

youtu.be...

This literally make me sick.
Published on Feb 26, 2015
In a video posted on the Internet on February 26, ISIS members are shown smashing statues and destroying archaeological remains in a museum in Mosul. A spokesman, standing in front of the scene of destruction, says that "Allah commanded us to shatter and destroy these statues, idols, and remains."

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
They do this wherever radical Islam takes hold. Remember the Buddhas in Afghanistan? The Sufi tombs in Africa? They don't see it as preserving history and heritage. It's a form of idolatry so it must all be destroyed.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
They do this wherever radical Islam takes hold. Remember the Buddhas in Afghanistan? The Sufi tombs in Africa? They don't see it as preserving history and heritage. It's a form of idolatry so it must all be destroyed.

I remember, this makes me crazy, I am freaking out right now.

I spent so much time studying this ancient history, it is sacred to me in a sense.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
They have seriously twisted that teaching to fit their narrative...

Unsurprisingly.

I wonder how many people "worshipped" these statues in this day & age?

I'm guessing Zero people...

Rather, I'd go out on a limb and say I know it's Zero people!

Idiots.

Muhammad smashed the Idols of Mecca during a time when he was being suppressed for spreading the message of Allah...

Quite different to smashing artefacts that no longer have any worship value to anybody...

Idiots.

+9 more 
link   
freaking animals.

ignorant useless animals.
Did they destroy everything?
Are they still in the museum?
if the answer is yes to both those questions, someone bomb the place out of existence.
i don't care how radical that sounds, they have proven time and time again to be dangerous and not worth keeping alive.

link   
ISIS thugs take a hammer to civilisation: Priceless 3,000-year-old artworks smashed to pieces in minutes as militants destroy Mosul museum

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Large segments of the priceless winged-bull Assyrian protective deity are hurled to the ground as militants smash it to pieces

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I can't begin to tell you how distraught this has made me, these priceless artifacts of human history, OMG

Lost, lost

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Pulverized

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

WATCH: ISIS Destroys Historic Statues in Nineveh Museum in Iraq
heavy.com...

As one Redditor commented in a discussion about the destruction: I think that the most amazing thing about museum pieces like this is simply that they’ve survived humanity for so long. The fact that a single piece of art created by some person long since dead and turned to dust by some miracle of luck and determined preservation might still exist today is astounding. Especially because all it takes is a few assholes to destroy them in a single instant of failed security. Such a shame. Some of the relics destroyed are believed to be over 8,000 years old.

Some of the relics destroyed are believed to be over 8,000 years old.

8,000 years, 8,000,

"Investiture of Ardashir II (r. 379-383) (center) by the supreme God Ahuramazda (right) with Mithra (left) standing upon a lotus (Ghirshman, 1962 & Herrmann, 1977). Trampled beneath the feet of Ahura-Mazda and Ardashir II is an unidentified defeated enemy.
edit on 102828p://bThursday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
These ignorant psychopaths have forgotten something...

Every one of their names will forever be associated to their actions, they will all be remembered not as "martyrs" or "Holy people", they will forever be remembered as being the scum of Humanity.

Their families, their children, their grandchildren, will forever be shamed by their actions. Their names will be spat out, never spoken with any reverence or love.

This is something they need to understand, this is their legacy to the world, and it's a shameful existence that will never be forgotten.

I hope each of these creatures burns forever in a hell I don't believe in.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Obvious real-life evidence that you can't fix stupid.

Luckily, we live in an age where this stuff is well-documented and studied, and the images and papers and memories will conceivably not be lost to history--at least not as easily as in the not-so-distant past.

It sucks to see, but stupid people are everywhere in this world, and disappointingly, there's nothing we can do about it. (except maybe protect things like this better than they are, or, god forbid, move them to a country that is relatively peaceful and tolerant where this type of sh*t doesn't happen on a regular basis)

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I wish I was a superhero sometimes because I would sort these animals out...wait animals can be nice, I would sort out these viruses out once and for all.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What about the black stone in mecca that they revere so much , you can bet that they won't be smashing that .

it just goes to show that they are hypocrite's

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Waiting for someone to come in and say these muzzies were justified in doing this....

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Crazy!

These guys aren't human.... i hope people don't come here defending them.

I wonder what they'll do if they ever get to Giza in Egypt!! Bloody fools!!

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: ketsuko

I remember, this makes me crazy, I am freaking out right now.

I spent so much time studying this ancient history, it is sacred to me in a sense.

I'm a Humanist and these actions are deeply offensive to me. Islam seeks to smother all traces of Human free will. Even imprints of free will from the past. All of it.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

That's exactly what that speech is about in 'The Matrix'...

These Inhumane fools are a Virus and need to be wiped out.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: tom.farnhill

Actually the Kaaba isn't an Idol it is a sacred place to commune with Allah.

Besides which ISIS have already threatened to destroy Mecca as well...

So, there is that.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

You know they did talk about tearing down the Egyptian monuments, right?
Such a crying shame, there goes all the remnants of the start of our civilization, destroyed by mindless retards

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join