It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Wide Peace Movement...Why not?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The simple answer to "why not?" is that there has to be a desire for peace on all sides. Especially in the ME, there is a multi-millenia war going on--it is a part of their culture, and a desire for peace from billionaires in the West is not going to deter that.

Worse yet, our interventions fuel wars that may not have happened and exacerbate hatred between nations and factions. At best, we simply delay the inevitable with our proposed peace treaties, but nothing ever holds.

It is not in human nature to be at peace with everyone all of the time--and that's not necessarily a bad thing, until innocent bystanders are affected and killed. But the same part of human nature that drives war is also responsible for our desires to be the best we can be; to protect our families and communities; to strive to be better at what we set our minds to doing; to innovate; to succeed. All of those can be considered 'selfishly driven' if you really think about it, but without those human traits, we would have died off as a species long ago. The only difference between us and animals is that we have the ability to create massively destructive weaponry, but just because we have that ability doesn't mean that we should subdue those human desires that cause war, it just means that we should use our intelligence and abilites to limit the mass casualties and injuries and death to innocent people just trying to live their lives.

As with any animal, war is inevitable with humans--the real questions should be how are we going to limit the death and damage caused by it?

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Lets be realistic here. Yes peace is wonderful . I see many replies talking about how we need to evolve through peace. The truth of the matter is our sun will explode long before the human race can evolve through peace. So whats the point?

We have to get off this rock and out of this solar system if the Human race has a chance for survival. Humans are a warrior race, it has always been the strongest survive the weak perish. We should start embracing the fact that we are a warrior predator race. The sooner we do that the better. There is no faster way to evolve except through conflict and war. Again, peace is wonderful but if we strive to evolve through peace our survival is doomed from the start. Now is not the time to follow peace. Our race is still too primitive.

We are close to achieving A.I. once we get there then we can start to move out into our solar system and beyond. Once we can leave our solar system then we can start to try to follow peace. I am sure it will take thousands of years but the prize is worth it.

Meanwhile being a warrior race with controlled A.I. on our side we could destroy anything or any other race we encounter along the way. We have to worry about survival first. Once we have a foothold in the universe our survival is assured. Then we can start to build a peaceful legacy.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Fantastic idea! Lets at least try. Where do I sign up & how can I help?
S&F.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Everyone fundamentally wants peace, but there are rich and powerful people in the world who don't want peace because war makes them money, money, and more money, and they're winning. And they will continue fighting any efforts toward peace. So how do we get around that again?

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: supamoto

Maybe our first steps should be to approach this sort of like a business. Facebook fan page, other social networking, set goals, a name, etc.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

We don't get around them, we as united people, force them to get around us.

I am deep into masonry and its off shoots by the way. I have studied it for years. And that is an entirely different step. Learn to crawl first.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: wrathofall

Do you realize how deeply entrenched they are? in religion, in government, in the corporations?

We could all line up end to end and they'd still plow us down. Ask the people in the Middle East and Ukraine. You think they're not fighting it?

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
While world peace is a wonderful sentiment, I have come to the belief that it must be each and every individual on planet earth that must participate in this reformation by policing your own actions. That doesn't sound very likely , there are to many people on this planet that are defective on so many different levels, some violent,some evil, some criminal. There is no real way to screen for this, except wait for someone to commit these types of atrocities, then deal with the aftermath, and at what point should intervention be made and by who. There are also cultural differences that will also create conflicts among peoples on a planet this size, for example, the western world view on how Muslim women are treated. Then another thought that enters my head is, As Thomas Jefferson said , the tree of liberty from time to time must be refreshed with the blood of patriots and tyrants." What this says to me it's that for us to achieve and maintain this world peace, there must be a never ending amount of blood that is spilled, and who are this privileged class of people who gets to decide what world wide law is, and who should be maintaining law and justice because we all have witnessed the old adage of "power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely" . World peace is a nice idealistic philosophy, but unrealistic in practice, there are to many variables. The best we can hope for is regional peace with as few people as possible committing individual acts of crime or violence.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

WE WANT TO BE IN ON THE NEGOTIATIONS DEMAND IT WE ARE TIRED OF BEING LEFT OUT WE FIGHT AND DIE IN THESE STUPID WARS

¡Viva la Solidaridad Internacional!

a reply to: DonVoigt

I have come to the belief that it must be each and every individual on planet earth that must participate in this reformation by policing your own actions.

This and this and this: yes yes yes!
I don't know why you get so negative afterwards. People are awesome, everybody want so to be good, it is just we are getting taught crappy lessons, if we want to survive in a crappy system. We have to become the system.
We are responsible for ourselves and not for the parasites feeding from our force.

edit on -06:00America/ChicagoAmerica/ChicagopWednesdayAmerica/Chicago by Peeple because: add

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

No, you can't fight it. You can recognize it for what it is. Also, we are talking about baby steps. Person to person. One little thing at a time. We have to stop doing nothing because of fear. We have to stop not acting. I'm lazy too. I have an insanely busy life too. But I see. What good am I if I don't do anything at all? We have to stop stopping and start doing. Regardless of the odds, we have to stand up and say, no! I don't accept this. This is wrong. We know its wrong. You! I know your wrong. Me! I know I'm wrong. But I see it. I can change it. I can. One small step at a time. Enough is enough.
edit on 25-2-2015 by wrathofall because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I did a facebook search and found a "Peace Movement". On their mission statement, one goal is to ban guns. Which I dont agree with. So, Im curious what would a peace movement look like to others? I dont think banning guns is the answer.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Why don't you start smaller? We don't need a new ideology, ideologies are exactly what keeps us from thinking and acting freely.
* Don't buy things, when you're not agreeing with how they get produced
* Don't watch, or read stuff you know it's crap just because everybody does
* Grow from "consumer" to "contributor" in your every day life.

And keep coming here and share what else you feel is important in order to become a free constructive individual. Because we are all unique and we all have a opinion worth to be heard and discussed. You know true democracy, anarchy-style.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

No gun bans in my thought horizon. I would like to see (dream I know) police and military personnel to sign a petition of sorts stating that they agree to directly refuse orders to attack anyone and to only resort to violence in defense of self or others. At face value, this may sound like a lot to ask for, but I have family in the military and this thought is much more widespread amongst them then you might think. It would be a showing if non-force. Many people join the military for other reasons than killing. And many realize that they have unwittingly signed up to be assassins for the world banks. Many of them are awake and aware.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

You are spot on. That has to be a part if it. Don't support the system. We need a place besides a forum to collect and share information. We need a home.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Who's this "we" everyone is talking about? This is the sort of language that sends us to war in the first place.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
We meaning those whom are interested. That's all.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Maybe peace isn't the word we should be using? It bothers me to a point also. I know too much about the word and the symbol for it to be in my comfort zone. What about something like 'the non-violence mission' or something along those lines?

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I disagree. Many of us are capable of living peacefully, not all of us.

I think we are at a point in human evolution where change we may split into separate species. The manipulative and naive will go one way, while those who use reason and understand who to live in harmony with our surroundings will evolve into a more advanced species.

Unfortunately(at least in the USA) the manipulative and naive are reproducing at a much higher rate that the ones who use reason.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Crickets for a better tomorrow. Now I'm worried.

Chrip, chirp, chirp.

Maybe I am just a dreamer. Maybe our children are in for horrors we can't imagine.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Absolutely great responses. Stars and flags to all of you!

Where there’s a will there’s a way

This is a non religious sectarian but not anti-religious group whose sole goal is to eliminate war and challenge the mainstream voice

Including but transcending the best of religious, spiritual, and secular paradigms

The problems of such a group are manifold but surmountable

The key is mass communication is available to any voice that has the true spirit of change and above all honesty of intention.

There are certainly many peace organizations but this one aught to be run (believe it or not) like ISIS (meaning anonymous) but doing the opposite of ISIS and based on LOVE, UNITY, AND TRUTH and above all selflessness.

People in this group would have to be selfless and what does that mean

It means YOU KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE PRIZE

The prize is universal peace and human hood, brotherhood, sisterhood or whatever...

This organization will be Warriors for Peace!

edit on 25-2-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join