It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My knee just collapsed underneath me. Pain like I can not explain!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

You're not really manning up unless you do it without beer, and just bite onto the jerky and hold it tight in your mouth while you do the rest.

I Know what I'm talking about. I've seen a lot of Chuck Norris movies.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Holy crap, how the hell are you still alive after all those injuries!
Hmm, reminds one self not to stand next to this guy, just in case!

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I am sorry that happened to you. You have been through quite a lot. Use ice packs...elevate...and I suggest too... going to your Doctor.

Here is a...
Again...please do go to the Doctor...get some x-rays etc. Take care.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Yeah totally get you not wanting to see a doctor after this horrific injury, but have you exhausted all other critical avenues such as Facebook and Twitter? Worst comes to worst you could start a YouTube channel on your injuries, that should get you fixed right up in no time.
edit on 24-2-2015 by Battlefresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Battlefresh
Yeah totally get you not wanting to see a doctor after this horrific injury, but have you exhausted all other critical avenues such as Facebook and Twitter? Worst comes to worst you could start a YouTube channel on your injuries, that should get you fixed right up in no time.

I did try and tweet it but as I'm not on twitter it kind of failed somewhat, did you not notice the bit where I explained why I posted this as opposed to going to the doctor or were you too busy looking for someone to poorly mock?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

I did try and tweet it but as I'm not on twitter it kind of failed somewhat, did you not notice the bit where I explained why I posted this as opposed to going to the doctor or were you too busy looking for someone to poorly mock?

I mean, I was spending some time looking for someone to poorly mock, but I'd hardly say I was too busy because of it. I read your reasoning (long wait...bothering those busy doctors and such) and no I agree, you're absolutely right. Social media is the future of medicine my friend and you're a trail blazer!

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

I mean, I was spending some time looking for someone to poorly mock, but I'd hardly say I was too busy because of it. I read your reasoning (long wait...bothering those busy doctors and such) and no I agree, you're absolutely right. Social media is the future of medicine my friend and you're a trail blazer!

I may need to apologise, The immense pain and having to deal with it in a man type way may have caused me to miss the irony in your post and reply badly.

I would outright apologise but given the sheer amount of pain and the big bearded manliness I am dealing with may prevent me from doing so.

I will therefore say that although you may be correct you weren't there man, you weren't there.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I admire that your first thought was to grab a beer but to jump on here and post about it. I know us guys hate going to the hospital but it is best to get it looked at. I am half way through recovery from a ruptured Achilles tendon. When I did it I knew it wasn't a sprained ankle. I'm glad I went because tendons and ligaments are a bugger to heal. You don't want to have a permanent limp. Take care and have another beer.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm of the opinion that most nuisance stuff can be dealt with at home with common sense and the internet... and hospitals are over used and pits of infection... but the big things need doc face time.

A knee is one of those things... gotta be sure it heals right and what, exactly, happened. It's the hardest joint to heal.

See a doc.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

It seems we have Jackie Chan posting here,jk. I am sorry for your pain,I remember my brother in law had his knee fail one day at work. It locked up and wouldn't unlock. He ended up going to the doctors on crutches with a bent leg. They had to operate to undo it. I hope whatever you did isn't too bad. Best wishes and a speedy recovery to you.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

You are in pain, you knee gave way beneath you, and you are at home. Yes, I heard your arguments against going to the hospital, and no, I do not give a damn. Get checked out.

Here are a few reasons why you need to get checked out, right away.

If your ligaments or tendons have snapped, they may have pulled a chunk of bone off your large bones, which will be acting like a loose body. If one of these butts up against a nerve, you will be in that agony you felt earlier, to the extent where you will want to claw out your own brain pain with a garden fork. Also, this sort of damage can lead to permanent, and serious damage, if not correctly dealt with, right from the get go.

Your kneecap may have ended up out of place, which can have very serious consequences, very similar in terms of their long term complications and immediate sensation, depending on the severity of its movement.

You may have a foreign, or loose body somewhere in your knee joint. These can cause all manner of problems, including but not limited to, damaging ligaments, tendons, and blood vessels around the joint, getting into the joint itself, pressing against nerves causing your knee to give way....

There are so many reasons not to stay at home... Please go and get checked over at the earliest possible opportunity. We have a national health service in this country, and plenty of people who lived in times past would have jumped at the chance to get an ailment this severe looked at and treated properly. Please do not put this off, do not sleep on it. Just get to the hospital. If you do not think you can manage to get to the car, for someone to drive you there, ask for an ambulance. I am sure if you describe your symptoms, the person at the other end of the line will agree that they warrant emergency treatment!

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
It's been several hours since you posted this. How are you feeling now? Is it any better? Keep us posted. I hope that all is well.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
It's been several hours since you posted this. How are you feeling now? Is it any better? Keep us posted. I hope that all is well.

I think OP died from the knee injury.

Nah, hopefully he's alright.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

It`s 06:00 am right now over there.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

I forgot he was across the pond. That would make a difference lol.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I don't know how things work there , but, in many places in the usa you can check online to see how long the er wait is then you are scheduled and it tells you when to be at the er , so you do most of the waiting at home.....hope you knee will be okay.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

I bet you are not a water drinker, just not thirsty right

Those who drink less water have more brittle bones

As for your knee, in case your knee is not really messed up, then only one thing you need is time and natural anti inflammation pills, if you are really interested I will dig out the name of the ones I use
edit on 25-2-2015 by LotToTell2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
The logical choices are an ACL tear or rupture, that's bad.

Any MCL or PCL tear or rupture that's bad but not as bad.

An issue with the placement of the kneecap.

Based on the symptoms it would seem to me it's some combo the first two.

I had a full rupture of my ACL and a partial tear of my MCL from,playing hockey 3 years ago..it wasn't horrible when it first happened, I just felt a pop and couldn't finish the game.. As soon as would turn on my skates my knee would give out so the doc thought I had a partial ACL tear with that. I waited 3 weeks and said, "it doesn't hurt, let me brace it and see if I can man up and play through it".

Dumbest move ever.

First shift it gave out, literally with a brace on my whole knee collapsed. Worst pain I have ever experienced, 2 weeks later I had my MRI and the ACL and MCL damage was confirmed. I had an ACL reconstruction and would say I'm about 95% normal, 3 years later.

An average professional athelete takes anywhere from 6 to 12 months for a full recovery so you know it's a serious injury.

Don't worry about being a man, worry about being smart. Get to your doctor and figure out what is sprained, ruptured or torn. Best of luck and keep us updated!

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Thanks for ll the replys everybody, heres an update.

After a pretty painfull nights sleep I got up and tried to straighten my knee, there was some resistance and then an almighty crack like when you have your back reset.

Theres no more pain and it almost seems like nothing ever happened so maybe I knocked somthing out of place and now it's gone back in.

I have booked an appointment with the doctors as although I'm sure they will just say try not to do it again I am having more and more joint problems especially cracking joints, I can maybe crack various joints 30-40 times a day.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Glad to hear that the pain is gone and you've made an appointment. Good luck. I hope it was nothing.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join