It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu Exaggerated Iran Threat, Leaked Intelligence Documents Reveal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Just days before Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is scheduled to address Congress about the threat to Israel from Iran’s nuclear capabilities, documents obtained and verified by the Guardian confirm that the leader has greatly exaggerated Iran’s ability to produce a nuclear weapon.
The news also comes in the midst of negotiations aimed at finding a diplomatic solution to Iran’s nuclear program between the the permanent members of the U.N. Security Council plus Germany and Iran — talks the Netanyahu government opposes.
In fact, the Israeli prime minister regularly insists that Iran is nearing a “red-line” in its nuclear program, a point at which an Israeli attack to prevent the acquisition of a nuclear breakout capability would be inevitable, and argues that any negotiations that fail to completely eliminate Iran’s nuclear capacities would greatly endanger Israel and her allies. During a speech before the United Nations in September of 2012, Netanyahu warned the General Assembly that the such a threshold would likely be crossed in Spring or Summer 2013.
But documents obtained by the Guardian contradict Netanyahu’s claim.

What a shock that he would exaggerate this. Iran has been one year away from having nukes since what, 1997?

Gotta love the timing.

ETA:

The Spy Cables: MI6, FBS, SSA and Mossad documents leak by Al Jazeera - as it happened

The Spy Cables: A glimpse into the world of espionage

Among the revelations, the Spy Cables disclose how:

o Israel's Mossad told its allies that Iran was not working to produce nuclear weapons just a month after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned it was barely a year from being able to do so;

o The CIA made attempts to contact Hamas directly despite the US government listing the Palestinian group as a "terrorist organisation";
Britain's MI6 sought South African help in an operation to recruit a North Korean official who had previously refused their cash; and
South African and Ethiopian spies struggled to "neutralise" an assassination plot targeting a leading African diplomat.

o The files unveil details of how, as the post-apartheid South African state grappled with the challenges of forging new security services, the country became vulnerable to foreign espionage and inundated with warnings related to the US "War on Terror".

Following the 9/11 attacks, South African spies were flooded with requests related to al-Qaeda, despite their own intelligence gathering and analysis telling them that they faced minimal direct threats from such groups, and that the main threat of violence on South African soil came from domestic far-right groups.

edit on 2/23/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

WAIT WAIT! Netty is a liar? Say it ain't so!

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I love that picture. Can't wait to read more about this.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I don't believe it...
He wouldn't lie...
He is fully compos mentis...
Iran is a threat...

You wait and see...

Is that what you want?

Then you better fund Israel a bit more...
& follow their lead in this battle...

If you don't...

Is that what you want...

It's inevitable...

They fund every terror cell on the planet...
Even the Wahhabis and Sunnis who kill their Shiite brothers and sisters...

& you know what's next...

edit on 23-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Silly Auto-Correct!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
North Korea started this way,refining nuclear material for its power plants.Then they announced that they had detonated a small nuclear device.Now they are working on ICBMS.Just sayin...
edit on CSTMonpm1261 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
What? Wait! Leaked docs you say? Leaked from where? They give everyone exactly the impression you all wanted to have confirmed?

Wow! And you are all falling all over yourselves to pat yourselves on the back for believing these mysterious and conveniently leaked docs?

Tsk, I thought we all denied ignorance here.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
What? Wait! Leaked docs you say? Leaked from where? They give everyone exactly the impression you all wanted to have confirmed?

Wow! And you are all falling all over yourselves to pat yourselves on the back for believing these mysterious and conveniently leaked docs?

Yes, if true, Iran will take longer than claimed to acquire the nuclear weapon that they have taken every public opportunity to declare that they will use on Israel.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The picture of the bomb looks like an oil grenade.

The Iranian version of a Molotov Cocktail.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

Don't forget he was addressing the U.N.

Pictures count when the translators fail.

And there's no such thing as a leaked Mossad document.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

A war mongering politician exaggerated about an enemy, or as I like to call it, lying? Get out!

Yet many people still take these liars at their word.

Stop listening to politicians, they're nothing but bad news.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well he's a politician. Why wouldn't I default to him being a liar?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Which one: Netanyahu or the conveniently "leaked" document? I think either one is likely to be lying, and with the flap over the speech to Congress, forgive me if I don't believe for one second this is a genuine "leak."

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Netanyahooo of course. US, UK, and Israel Intel agencies agree Iran has no bomb and isn't working on a bomb but politicians love to warmonger.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Perhaps more importantly, how come the Mossad has thrown him under the bus? That's the story I want to hear.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yes, if true, Iran will take longer than claimed to acquire the nuclear weapon that they have taken every public opportunity to declare that they will use on Israel.

They have declared that? When? Source?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Mossad or maybe the CIA being all mad he's coming here and that was arranged without the President knowing? Naw. That would never happen.

link   
Meh, lip service.

Everything is politico lip service.

Frank Zappa pegged it to a tee:

"Politics is the entertainment branch of industry."

link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Perhaps they realize that the "leader" will not be on the front line, their families and friends will be over a lie.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join