It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we sell weaponized Drones to foreign countries like Saudi Arabia? Obama is considering it.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Washington D.C.- The State Department has announced a new policy change that will allow for the sale of weaponized drones to allied nations, but the consequences are far from clear considering recent events and regime changes in the Middle East.

As the reporter points out we worked directly with Yemen in carrying out drone strikes until the government was overthrown by rebels. They never owned drones thou. The strikes came from us through cooperation in intelligence. Should we chance drones in the hands of anyone in the Middle east seeing how volatile the area is right now? I have my concerns.

benswann.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Should we sell weaponized Drones to foreign countries like Saudi Arabia? Obama is considering it.

One word........ Hell no!!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Idk it might be a good way for us to get out of the ME. I mean let them solve their own problems right?

Jk I think that this is a terrible idea but moody likely one that will go through anyway. Go America!
a reply to: PrivilegedPeasant

edit on 22-2-2015 by KingKelson because: Grammer and autocorrect fail

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
We sell them everything else. Besides if they don't buy them from America they will just buy them off the black market.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
That depends - are they ALWAYS going to be allies?

Can we have that in writing (like that would matter)...

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Considering that the UK, France, most of Europe, Turkey, Russia, China, South Africa, India, Iran, Tunisia, Packistan, both Koreas are all developing armed drones then if we can get the Saudis to buy from us then of course we should. The problem will be somebody else offering something almost as good at a much cheaper price.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The drone sales will NOT include the heaviest payload versions that will be kept exclusively for US use.

The tech is already out there. Not selling them is just bad 'business', sad to say.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
No one has an issue with selling F-35s, but ooohhh those drones... give me a break.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

That's because everyone is convinced the F-35 is a POS.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: PrivilegedPeasant

No.

If obama wants to make/save taxpayer dollars he could just stop giving billions of those dollars to our enemies-like Iran,for instance.

America needs to stop giving/selling ANYTHING to the enemies.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I hope they get them off the black market-so they malfunction.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

The Predator XP will be unarmed, but replaces a number of sensors for lighter weight, allowing for forty hours of flight time.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: FalcoFan

They're the same aircraft. Someone buys them legitimately then turns around and sells them.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

That's because everyone is convinced the F-35 is a POS.

I guess my point is we have drones that can do very limited tactical engagements and people for some reason get upset. When a drone can do something like the old AH-64 I'll stop yawning about drones... hehe

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Oh I get your point. I was pointing out the absurdity of it. The F-35 can do so much more but since people are convinced it's a POS and is manned it's OK to export it.

A UAV on the other hand, supposedly removes the pilot from the picture and they don't see the results of the mission supposedly, so they are worse and evil.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Why don't we sell them a bunch of Ospreys with 22 rifles taped to the wings.

That's as far as I would go with selling the enemy weapons,lol.

I had hoped that we learned our lesson from Iraq/Afghanistan (yes I admit that those horrible choices were made by Bush)

Even selling guns to cartels to try to gain intel isn't a good idea.

It's a waste-and we end up paying for it in the future.

Use these drones on the borders.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Why not? whats the big deal? or is this just another attempt at blaming Obama for the worlds woes?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: FalcoFan

Because we make billions off of one weapons sale to Saudi Arabia.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Because we make billions off of one weapons sale to Saudi Arabia.

www.usdebtclock.org...#

Better sell lots . If the US goes broke it wont be good for me as well .

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan
a reply to: buster2010

I hope they get them off the black market-so they malfunction.

That's just it the nation that does a lot of their selling on the black market gets the plans for their stuff right from America.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join