It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we sell weaponized Drones to foreign countries like Saudi Arabia? Obama is considering it.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Xtrozero

That's because everyone is convinced the F-35 is a POS.

I guess my point is we have drones that can do very limited tactical engagements and people for some reason get upset. When a drone can do something like the old AH-64 I'll stop yawning about drones... hehe

Just to clarify the footage you posted is not real Apache gun camera footage

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

No one has an issue with selling F-35s, but ooohhh those drones... give me a break.
It takes an elite pilot to fly F-35's. There are a handful in the world with the training to do so. Drones on the other hand can be used to carry out the same attacks much easier because they do most the flying themselves. Put 100 random people in front of a joystick & a screen and tell them what they need to do in order to target and release a bomb and a few will be capable. Put 10,000 random people in front of an F-35 and tell them to fly it you will probably find zero.

We were working with Yemen gov. doing drone strikes. Good thing we didn't leave them with the capabilities & drones to do the work themselves. Otherwise the rebels who overthrew that gov. would be playing drone pilot right now.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Oh I get your point. I was pointing out the absurdity of it. The F-35 can do so much more but since people are convinced it's a POS and is manned it's OK to export it.

A UAV on the other hand, supposedly removes the pilot from the picture and they don't see the results of the mission supposedly, so they are worse and evil.

I fly UAVs for a living so I kind of have a more grounded perspective on them.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker

Interesting, what is it from then? Curious...

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I don't and have a more grounded perspective. Heh.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrivilegedPeasant
We were working with Yemen gov. doing drone strikes. Good thing we didn't leave them with the capabilities & drones to do the work themselves. Otherwise the rebels who overthrew that gov. would be playing drone pilot right now.

Been there and done that. In the end a drone strike is very limited... BTW didn't Yemen's Government fall...hehe

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Why is it not seen as terrorism to have drones flying over Pakistan and Yemen striking whenever the US wants to?

Arab puts bomb on rc plane and flies it into a building in the US and blows it up = terrorism

American puts bomb on rc plane and drops it on "insurgents" = ?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker

Interesting, what is it from then? Curious...

It's from a game called battlefield. Compare this video with real Apache footage and you'll notice the difference

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join