It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Media interviews Russian solders fighting in Ukraine

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Yet, it would be a fault to describe Russian involvement in Donbass as a classical foreign invasion.
Yes, there are local miners on the side of DNR/LNR, even by accounts of English speaking media.

Yuri is one of these fighting miners. He is stationed not far from the Kholodnaya Balka mine, where he worked for 22 years. The 42-year-old man enlisted on Aug. 4, at a time when the Ukrainian army seemed on the verge of victory. Miners are men of few words. His speech sounds like a thousand others heard in this region. "Ukraine is the aggressor," he says. "We must defend our land and our families." Standing with him is Sergey, 25. He doesn't have a family, but he does have a 1974 machine gun around his neck.

Source

edit on 22-2-2015 by kitzik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Here's a funny satire and thus FAKE interview with Putin...

www.glossynews.com/top-stories/politicos-and-polticians/201502210357/glossy-scores-an-exclusive-interview-with-vlad-the-impaler-putin-czar-of-russia/< br />
Remember, it's fake and funny.
edit on 22-2-2015 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-2-2015 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

I honestly thought we learned this lesson 70 years ago, in fact, I was taught the lesson was so well learned is was very unlikely to have to be learned again.

What is the lesson? That we have to start war in order to prevent war?

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrChinstrap

I honestly thought we learned this lesson 70 years ago, in fact, I was taught the lesson was so well learned is was very unlikely to have to be learned again.

What is the lesson? That we have to start war in order to prevent war?

That in order to prevent things like world war, it is necessary to take a stand against empire building early on.

Small war...few dead....world war....many dead.

Seems easy enough to understand.

There will always be war. It just how big you want to let it get before doing something about that is up for debate.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder
a reply to: Xcathdra

I don't see what problems it will cause.

The entire EU would be hard pressed to rake a military stance against russia, Americas president is a fool that can't even acknowledge russia plays him, Chiba plays him, Muslim terrorists play him and Iran has been trolling him for 6 years.

So america actually doing anything at all is out for the next 2 years at the least.

Putin doesn't care about what they think, so them giving him angry stares and sending him notes that say " we are very very angry at you, we are so angry, we have send you this note, telling you we are very very angry at you."

The only thing that can and will stop this new wannabe Stalin is force.

Since nobody on earth is capable of nutting the EFF up, putin will do just like all tyrants.

Keep taking other peoples stuff, and every time he takes something and sees no retribution, it will only embolden him to take more.

Two things need to be done. Further NATO build up in Poland on Putin's vulnerable northern flank.

One of the European NATO countries need's to send a token force to Mariupol.

It's time for operation tripwire, see if Putin will cross a actual redline.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Ah, a little Cuban Missile Crisis 2.0

I say break out the popcorn!

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

That in order to prevent things like world war, it is necessary to take a stand against empire building early on. Small war...few dead....world war....many dead. Seems easy enough to understand.

And apparently it is hard to understand that - attack Russia = world war many dead.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Tripwires are normal military operations. You put a small force from a substantial government in between the combatants to try to prevent further conflict. Also to show your resolve, US Marines were sent to Saudi Arabia as a tripwire during the first Iraqi war.

But I apologize for confusing you with actual facts.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

The entire EU would be hard pressed to rake a military stance against russia, Americas president is a fool that can't even acknowledge russia plays him, Chiba plays him, Muslim terrorists play him and Iran has been trolling him for 6 years.

So america actually doing anything at all is out for the next 2 years at the least.

Putin doesn't care about what they think, so them giving him angry stares and sending him notes that say " we are very very angry at you, we are so angry, we have send you this note, telling you we are very very angry at you."

Since nobody on earth is capable of nutting the EFF up, putin will do just like all tyrants.

Keep taking other peoples stuff, and every time he takes something and sees no retribution, it will only embolden him to take more.

Two things need to be done. Further NATO build up in Poland on Putin's vulnerable northern flank.

Lol who's redline?

Not Obama's. Putin will walk dance and jump on the line then stroll past it and Obama will do.....nothing as usual.

Putin knows him to be weak. If he were a Reagan or a Kennedy, the redline would matter, with Obama though....he couldn't even stand up to sorry arsed Assad.

Poland getting a token force from say america, would most likely embolden him, because he knows Obama is a coward.

Sure he will play call of duty with drone strikes....fighting russia takes true balls, not half measures and threats. Threats without actions mean nothing, especially to Russia, or a man like putin.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

That in order to prevent things like world war, it is necessary to take a stand against empire building early on. Small war...few dead....world war....many dead. Seems easy enough to understand.

And apparently it is hard to understand that - attack Russia = world war many dead.

Lol, russia can no more fight a world war than they can pick on a country stronger than Ukraine.

Their equipment is old and crappy. Their economy is crap. They can't project any useful force on anyone not in eastern Europe.

All they have is nukes.

Minus nukes, america or the EU would pwn sorry arsed russia.

They could beat up on eastern Europe or the mid east, but I don't even think they could take a country like north Korea.

China would own them, India or Pakistan would make a show of it but might lose.

America solo vs russia on Russian soil would be about 3 times harder than Iraq in the 90s was.

It would be over in months, as far as conventional warfare would go.

The following asymmetric warfare would never end.

The point being, Russia is a paper tiger.

There would be no "world war" between the west and russia.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Lol who's redline?

Not Obama's. Putin will walk dance and jump on the line then stroll past it and Obama will do.....nothing as usual.

Putin knows him to be weak. If he were a Reagan or a Kennedy, the redline would matter, with Obama though....he couldn't even stand up to sorry arsed Assad.

Poland getting a token force from say america, would most likely embolden him, because he knows Obama is a coward.

Sure he will play call of duty with drone strikes....fighting russia takes true balls, not half measures and threats. Threats without actions mean nothing, especially to Russia, or a man like putin.

You must've missed read my post. I said a European power needs to put a token force in as a tripwire. Leave Obama out of it.

If you look at the actual numbers of the forces Russia is using they aren't that great. And I agree at this point Poland is to weak it should be reinforced. (as I said in my post)

The 5000 man rapid reaction NATO force should be deployed there by NATO. And the two 2 x 2 mechanized armored infantry brigades at Camp Pisa should be placed in Poland.

When you see the Civilian reserve air fleet activated you will know this is happening.

Simple strategy. If Putin has to watch his northern flank he'll be less likely to act on his southern flank. Plus I seriously doubt he will risk confrontation directly with NATO troops.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Lol who's redline?

You must've missed read my post. I said a European power needs to put a token force in as a tripwire. Leave Obama out of it.

If you look at the actual numbers of the forces Russia is using they aren't that great. And I agree at this point Poland is to weak it should be reinforced. (as I said in my post)

The 5000 man rapid reaction NATO force should be deployed there by NATO. And the two 2 x 2 mechanized armored infantry brigades at Camp Pisa should be placed in Poland.

When you see the Civilian reserve air fleet activated you will know this is happening.

Simple strategy. If Putin has to watch his northern flank he'll be less likely to act on his southern flank. Plus I seriously doubt he will risk confrontation directly with NATO troops.

Now that is a strategy I can get behind.

The EU are the only credible powers in NATO at the moment....well I guess Canada would also have the balls to stand by a redline strategy.

I agree poland is weak, and if putin is allowed to continue in Ukraine..Cyprus and poland and even Georgia are the likely next targets.

If I lived in any of those countries I would be very concerned right now.

Hopefully NATO will make a smart move here in the near future, otherwise I fear for the peoples of eastern Europe.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

It's a good point to raise...that of a 'tripwire' force.

The US has sent in trainers to the Ukraine and recently confirmed a full paratroop brigade will begin training 3 Ukrainian brigades. Of course this is apparently happening in the far west of Ukraine, but interesting to see a full brigade sent in to train.

The US military is creating options to develop public opinion in support of harsher actions. Believe me if some US trainers get killed or that brigade comes under attack then the US public would be jumping up and down for intervention. For now they are well away from the front line, but an accident on purpose could happen.

www.newsmax.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Lol who's redline?

The EU are the only credible powers in NATO at the moment....well I guess Canada would also have the balls to stand by a redline strategy.

I agree poland is weak, and if putin is allowed to continue in Ukraine..Cyprus and poland and even Georgia are the likely next targets.

Hopefully NATO will make a smart move here in the near future, otherwise I fear for the peoples of eastern Europe.

I have not a doubt in my mind. That Poland will be the first NATO country to react in someway. ( if someone reacts, but at this point I truly feel that most of the Ukraine is a sacrificial lamb)

I have not been able to find much on troop placements for either side outside the conflict area. That in itself seems strange ?

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

It's a good point to raise...that of a 'tripwire' force.

The US has sent in trainers to the Ukraine and recently confirmed a full paratroop brigade will begin training 3 Ukrainian brigades. Of course this is apparently happening in the far west of Ukraine, but interesting to see a full brigade sent in to train.

The US military is creating options to develop public opinion in support of harsher actions. Believe me if some US trainers get killed or that brigade comes under attack then the US public would be jumping up and down for intervention. For now they are well away from the front line, but an accident on purpose could happen.

www.newsmax.com...

The 173rd if fully deployed is 3,300 men. That's kind of a large training force.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Lol who's redline?

I have not a doubt in my mind. That Poland will be the first NATO country to react in someway. ( if someone reacts, but at this point I truly feel that most of the Ukraine is a sacrificial lamb)

I have not been able to find much on troop placements for either side outside the conflict area. That in itself seems strange ?

Yes, normally direct real time info is nonexistent to the public, but " 3rd brigade and the 52nd artillery are reported to be in the "blank" area" are not uncommon.

There really isn't much info either way. With the secrecy of govs these days though, I wouldn't be surprised.

I know NATO knows where both aides assets are, I bet they have at least a dozen SATs watching the entire area as we speak.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Tripwires are normal military operations. You put a small force from a substantial government in between the combatants to try to prevent further conflict. Also to show your resolve, US Marines were sent to Saudi Arabia as a tripwire during the first Iraqi war.

But I apologize for confusing you with actual facts.

Where was I disagreeing with you?

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Lol who's redline?

Yes, normally direct real time info is nonexistent to the public, but " 3rd brigade and the 52nd artillery are reported to be in the "blank" area" are not uncommon.

There really isn't much info either way. With the secrecy of govs these days though, I wouldn't be surprised.

I know NATO knows where both aides assets are, I bet they have at least a dozen SATs watching the entire area as we speak.

Sure they've got plenty of high resolution images that they cannot release. I'm sure we know right where everything is and where it's coming from.
But I have not heard a thing on social media about observation of troop movements????

Hell I knew without a doubt we were heading for Iraq in 2003. When I read the news report that the army had ordered over 1 million Porta potty's. It's the supple things like that that you need to look for and I have not seen any yet from NATO. What I fear most is a revisit to the Neville Chamberlain era.

After all appeasement worked out so well for Europe last time. (sarcasm) NATO in Europe needs to take some type of stand. Because we will, but I prefer we don't have to send American boys over there to fight in Europe again.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

The 173rd if fully deployed is 3,300 men. That's kind of a large training force.

My understanding is that it is only 300 deployed...but who knows.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The lack of the pro-Russian ATS crowd is getting interesting. I guess when they read it in Kommersant then it's considered true.

We'll wait another day but we might have to say the mystery of Russian military troops fighting inside Ukraine has been solved. Case closed. Finito. Asta la vista, baby.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join