It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Police Assaulting a man on Hospital Bed!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: VigiliaProcuratio

I didn't hear the patient being aggressive, even his cursing was ironically polite. There did not appear to be any reason for him to be subdued

Nowhere in the video do you see anyone being "subdued"

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
He's clearly telling them to get off him. While we cannot confirm it with the video alone, there was a suggestion that the patient became unconscious. Sorry, but this stinks.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: VigiliaProcuratio
He's clearly telling them to get off him. While we cannot confirm it with the video alone, there was a suggestion that the patient became unconscious. Sorry, but this stinks.

There is no actual evidance of any other than other than "guy on youtube said so."

But

normal.

I once had a guy who was tripping big time, took 6 of us to pin him down onto the floor then we gave him a sedation and had to tube him on the floor and rush him to CT were we found out he had smacked his head so hard of the ground (he had came in from a fight) he had a bleed on his brain.

The NHS is not about being nice little darling angles catering to your every need, if we need to we will restrain you.

This is totally legal.
edit on 22-2-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin The NHS is not about being nice little darling angles catering to your every need, if we need to we will restrain you. This is totally legal.

It is NOT legal to restrain somebody whom is presenting no threat to either their self or another person. The fact that they are or may be under the influence does not give anybody the right to assault them. Carry on doing that and I can assure you that you've got a whole load of trouble heading your way. Soon.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

It is NOT legal to restrain somebody whom is presenting no threat to either their self or another person

yes that is true.

So if mr.drunk man starts chucking himself at walls...... he is a danger to himself as such it is legal to restrain him.

The fact that they are or may be under the influence does not give anybody the right to assault them

No there are lots of other reasons.

Dude with respect, you obviously do not work in health care.

This is my job i know a thing or two about what I can and cannot do legally.

You might disagree with the use of restraint but it is always done to maintain safety, if you do not like that. Tough.

But do not try to make out there is abuse going on in this video when there is no actual proof of it, you do not actually see anyone being restrained in that video.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The title of your thread is , "UK Police Assaulting a man on Hospital Bed!" then you post a video that doesn't show that.

Their are multiple people on ATS that would automatically say "POLICE BRUTALITY" if a Cop was helping a lady across the street. How do you know the person that filmed it doesnt think the same way?

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Restraint is not assault.

The OPs vid had no evidence of either.

If someone is "under the influence" and needs medical attention then they can be restrained. It just is not ethical to chuck them out on the street, although I am sure the staff in the A&E would like that option.

Too often healthcare workers are assaulted by morons. "Sorry, but I was drunk" is just not good enough.

Regards

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
So if mr.drunk man starts chucking himself at walls...... he is a danger to himself as such it is legal to restrain him.

Correct, for it is therefore in his best interests. In this case, however, I didn't hear any such commotion. I just heard a guy complaining because somebody was restraining him. Quite frankly, I'd have been swearing too.

What bothers me is the report of the man becoming unconscious. Again, I understand that we cannot verify such a claim but there have been "things" going on lately so I'm just kinda getting a bit edgy is all.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Correct, for it is therefore in his best interests. In this case, however, I didn't hear any such commotion. I just heard a guy complaining because somebody was restraining him. Quite frankly, I'd have been swearing too.

What bothers me is the report of the man becoming unconscious. Again, I understand that we cannot verify such a claim but there have been "things" going on lately so I'm just kinda getting a bit edgy is all.

Just to be clear then you do know that this video does not actually show anyone being assaulted.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

What bothers me is the report of the man becoming unconscious. Again, I understand that we cannot verify such a claim...

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin The NHS is not about being nice little darling angles catering to your every need, if we need to we will restrain you. This is totally legal.

It is NOT legal to restrain somebody whom is presenting no threat to either their self or another person. The fact that they are or may be under the influence does not give anybody the right to assault them. Carry on doing that and I can assure you that you've got a whole load of trouble heading your way. Soon.

That stinks of the sort of attitude that has brought about the situation where health workers are assaulted every weekend. You don't know what happened in the video so you can only speculate. I can speculate that two minutes before he started recording the man had a scalpel threatening staff and had to be restrained but that doesn't make me right. Even if it is perfectly possible. You aren't just restrained in hospital for no good reason.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

We can all speculate about what may or not have caused him to be restrained, but he clearly said "I've done nothing wrong". The fact that he sounded rather calm, aside of using a bit of international language, suggests that something is a bit iffy...

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
So...if I walk in to a hospital with my eyes looking like I've dropped some acid, but otherwise acting perfectly normal...am I going to be restrained?

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

a reply to: sg1642

We can all speculate about what may or not have caused him to be restrained, but he clearly said "I've done nothing wrong". The fact that he sounded rather calm, aside of using a bit of international language, suggests that something is a bit iffy...

Because no criminal ever has said "I've done nothing wrong"
The facts are the title of this thread is wrong.
Their is a video , it doesnt show anything other then noise coming from a room.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I am going to guess that he was calm enough to not be restrained. If that's the case then it was assault. If he became unconscious as a result then it is a far more serious problem. What I want to know is which hospital this was at.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I am going to guess that he was calm enough to not be restrained. If that's the case then it was assault. If he became unconscious as a result then it is a far more serious problem. What I want to know is which hospital this was at.

From the video clip that was posted exactly what is leading you to believe he was calm enough not to be restrained?

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The tone of his voice. What is leading you to believe he was aggressive enough to be restrained?

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

The tone of his voice. What is leading you to believe he was aggressive enough to be restrained?

Ahh..So your perception of his tone of of voice because no one can sound calm when stressed..

Based on that video I don't have enough info to say if he was aggressive enough to be restrained just like the OP doesn't have enough info based on that video to claim "UK Police Assaulting a man on Hospital Bed!"

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

The key word there being guess. And no with regards to your post above. You wouldn't be restrained because of your appearance but you would because of your actions.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

From the video clip that was posted exactly what is leading you to believe he was calm enough not to be restrained?

Well like I already said, you don't know what had occurred just minutes previously. You don't know if it was a suspect who had been arrested and taken to the hospital for medical treatment who might be trying to cause trouble or even escape.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join