It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Police Assaulting a man on Hospital Bed!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
A friend of my Girlfriend uploaded this video to Facebook which appears to show UK police assaulting someone in a Hospital bed. I contacted him and asked him to tell me exactly what happened. (This is as it was still happening!)

Warning, offensive language in video

I was laying on a hospital bed when a group of police pushed a man on a hospital bed and he was struggling, telling them to get off him and leave him alone, I heard them call him Oliver, i shouted stay strong Oliver, the nurse closed my curtain, i opened it again, he was struggling and they were restraining him, every time i kept on trying to find out what was going on a hostile nurse kept closing my curtain, all I can see at the moment is an unconscious foot, but i have seen one of them choke him

I called the police to report this (The guy didn't have a phone on him, only a laptop) and first of all they hung up on me. I got through to someone else and they took it a bit more seriously. I don't know much at the moment but I made this quick video to get it onto YouTube as it was only on Facebook to begin with.

As soon as I can find out more I will let you know.

Edit to add: The guy at the end of the video is a security guard for the hospital by the way.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
where in the video does an assault happen?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

The entire time you can hear someone saying 'GET THE # OFF ME' and loads of loud bangs. The witness who filmed it also said that they saw a police officer choke the guy.

This was going on for an hour or more.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Have to be honest here, the video pretty much shows nothing that screams brutality.

I'm not saying someone was not assaulted but........ (nor was I in the ED at that time)

The guy filming looks like he may have had his share of libations .
Patients who are drunk and intoxicated are often violent. It can take an amazing number of people to secure a out of control person. As a nurse myself there is safety in numbers.
Health care professionals are legally OBLIGATED (at least here in the US) to report abuse. If someone was beaten to a pulp in an ED that would be reported by both MD's and nurses.
The guy doing the filming was also yelling. People that are drunk or intoxicated yell stuff all the time esp when they are in ED
So until there is actual video its pretty hard to prove that anything went wrong other than the guy with his phone kind of filming something etc.
edit on 2/21/15 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

The entire time you can hear someone saying 'GET THE # OFF ME' and loads of loud bangs. The witness who filmed it also said that they saw a police officer choke the guy.

I work in a hospital, that happens on an hourly basis with no brutality, and there were no police officers on the video. It's possible a violent patient was being restrained.

Again I ask, where was the brutality, I missed it, mainly because the video shows nothing unusual or wrong. The other claims made are not in the video, and are unverifiable, and are not supported by the video evidence.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

I work in a hospital, that happens on an hourly basis with no brutality, and there were no police officers on the video. It's possible a violent patient was being restrained.

Again I ask, where was the brutality, I missed it, mainly because the video shows nothing unusual or wrong. The other claims made are not in the video, and are unverifiable, and are not supported by the video evidence.

You can see 2 police officers in the video standing in a doorway. There were 6 other police officers according to the guy filming the video.

Why wouldn't the police give him their name and number?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

The video identifies the guy as hospital security if I am not mistaken, not a police officer. Otherwise the video says the man was being restrained, something that happens all the time. The man taking the video is yelling out and appears to be an instigator/troublemaker. There is literally nothing troubling in the video. Why would he post a video with nothing bad when all these bad things happened? I wasn't there, nor were you, all we have is evidence, evidence shows no wrongdoing.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I highly doubt UK officers would assault someone in a public place like a hospital.

It's more likely (as others have said) they are trying to restrain someone who is drunk and / or on drugs.

People in those states do take some restraining.

Also, it sounds like the guy filming may possibly be biased towards the police and purposely tried to make it sound like police brutality, when in fact it most likely wasn't.
edit on 22/2/15 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
To the OP.

"UK Police Assaulting a man on Hospital Bed!"

You need to rethink this one. There's no evidence of anyone being assaulted! No context, nothing. It should be retitled "Bored man in ward, filming and adding commentary with no view or evidence of assault".

On recording in a hospital ward - he was right to be stopped.

Also, consider that violent, drunk, drugged and obnoxious people pass through our hospitals and thousands of healthcare workers are assaulted by these morons every year. If there were police there then they were for the protection of the healthcare teams.

Regards

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
It's a sad state of affairs that police need to be called to hospitals on such a regular basis to subdue intoxicated patients who abuse medical staff. Some people just don't deserve medical treatment, they are abusing the system and costing the tax payer millions in the process, It's really not fair on those genuine cases(which there are many),where people are waiting for medical care, because some pissed up dick head is causing problems and abusing the very people who are caring for them and patching them back up.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

There is no evidence of anything untoward happening here, this video is meaningless.

If this happened as the person describes, then there is potentially a case on the grounds of the officers not giving over their identity numbers - all police officers in the UK are required by law to give anyone who asks their badge number, it is a disciplinary offense to refuse or otherwise prevent accountability, potentially resulting in demotion, or loss of their job. In more extreme cases, this can lead to prosecution.

If this guy was assaulted, and those officers refused to give him their badge numbers, he should make a complaint and pursue it through the courts.

But, as I said, this video means absolutely nothing and might only be used as additional information to identify a potential witness if a case is ever brought against the police over this incident.
edit on 22-2-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Ahhhh well if the guys SAYS something happened, must be true. Dude SAYS there was a whole rack of cops, yet only a couple are visible.

Couldn't possibly be anything like a drunk or guy hopped up on something and resisting medical treatment. Couldn't possibly be a guy who's delusional and got combative. Couldn't possibly be any of 100 other things.

Dude heard some noises and saw a foot. And then has a "hostile" nurse close his curtain because somebody else's medical treatment is precisely ZERO of his business.

But hey, guy says so, must be true right?

Ridiculous post.

Eta: Is there ANY shred of proof of the OP title aside from "well he said so" or not? Otherwise, this is pushing the libel envelope imo.
edit on 22-2-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Eta

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Drunken idiots who cause trouble in hospital for staff and other patients deserve nothing more than a right good hiding. If that comes from the police or anyone else then so be it.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
Have to be honest here, the video pretty much shows nothing that screams brutality.

Well, just to be fair, it doesn't really show anybody drunk either??

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Nope, just drawing on 20 years of experience in ED's and ICU's as a Nurse.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
To be fair, the guy don't sound drunk either...even if he swore. Maybe Oliver knew something and they wanted to keep him quiet?

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
OP i see no assault or even police officers in this video.

Quite clearly you have never worked in a busy A&E department, I have.

Let me tell you,when you have guys coming in drunk, high on drugs and usually pumped up with aggression after having just had a fight in a bar. You do not take any chances.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin Let me tell you,when you have guys coming in drunk, high on drugs and usually pumped up with aggression after having just had a fight in a bar. You do not take any chances.

I didn't hear the patient being aggressive, even his cursing was ironically polite. There did not appear to be any reason for him to be subdued. If he was under the influence then being aggressive towards him was counter-productive and counter-intuitive, and any cop ought know that. The video should be passed on to the IPCC. "Take no chances" sounds like martial law. Further, the manner in which so many people are dismissing this really makes me wonder.

Thinking about it, I can see why 4 emergency consultants quit at Redditch Hospital. Actually, which hospital was this?

edit on 22-2-2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: VigiliaProcuratio

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin Let me tell you,when you have guys coming in drunk, high on drugs and usually pumped up with aggression after having just had a fight in a bar. You do not take any chances.

I didn't hear the patient being aggressive, even his cursing was ironically polite.

We also didn't see a gang of policemen brutally assaulting a patient.

We didn't really see anything, to be honest, and even if we did, we would have absolutely no way of judging whether it was correct or not based on a few seconds of footage.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
True, there isn't much to go on. But...it doesn't seem right to me simply because the guy was not shouting. Thing is, something is happening in England right now so I get even more worried when people are being forcibly kept quiet in a hospital. They cannot silence us, God will always hear.

edit on 22-2-2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join