It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 SWAT officers shot on drug raid. Shooters subdued and arrested.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
These officers were conducting a drug raid and three people in the house opened fire striking three officers. Somehow the Corpus Christi, Tx SWAT team subdued and arrested the shooters WITHOUT killing them. I thought I should share this example of how some members of law enforcement can, even after taking fire and having officers injured, subdue and arrest the shooters.

Three Corpus Christi Police Department SWAT Team officers were shot during a narcotics raid...Simpson said that as officers made entry to the house, the three suspects opened fire... he reported that three suspects were taken into custody by members of the SWAT Team. The area around the home was secured, and the house has been cleared.

KENS news

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: quercusrex

Man I just don't get it.

So when these assholes roll up and shoot a 12 year old whats the difference how does that happen?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

That's what happens when you send professionals... even when the assignment is unethical and totally sucks.

These types of raids force people to defend themselves. Cops and innocents will continue to die until they change this practice.

DRUGS, people. Gods, it's not like they had a bomb or hostages or anything else that made it completely critical to stop them right then and there.

Those SWAT guys who were there did a great job at taking people in alive. Perhaps they know they understand the impulse every person has to protect their home from intruders. I feel really bad for these guys ordered to do it.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Man I just don't get it.

So when these assholes roll up and shoot a 12 year old whats the difference how does that happen?

To be considered for SWAT, you must be a very competent candidate. I think the fact they are deadly and better trained means they aren't as scared. Regular cops seem to be afraid of just about everything and everybody.

Think about it. If Peewee Herman and James Bond were surrounded by a bunch of questionable-looking people, who do you think would panic and start firing before finding out they are just at a costume party?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion
I wish I had an answer to that.
All I can say is geography, attitude, training, and professionalism. All the negative interactions I have had with LEO's have been on the east coast and in major metro areas. Not that Corpus is a rural, hick town ( population 250k and growing).

Whatever these guys are doing down here needs to be taught to some jackboots back East.

edit on 20-2-2015 by quercusrex because: composition

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Well done. To bad others don't do that with unarmed citizens.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I'm not impressed.

How many times have innocent people and even children died in these types of raids?

If their tactics were truly intelligent they would use other means that are very much at their disposal, for raiding a suspected drug house, like isolating and cordoning off the immediate area, evacuating all innocent bystanders, using flash bang explosives, acoustic devices, and other weaponry that leaves "officers" unharmed as well as the public... why aren't these technologies regularly used if raiding drug houses is so critical?

Maybe terrorizing communities is really more important to these "officers".

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: antoinemarionette
Maybe terrorizing communities is really more important to these "officers".

I think these officers were trying very hard NOT to terrorize a community or kill anybody.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
If a SWAT team breaks down the door BEFORE identifying themselves properly that is going to happen from ANY normal gun owner.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Normal gun owners.

And guys with a load of coc aine, crack, and prescription drugs laying around.

Either/or

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

THOSE guys only quit when outnumbered or covered.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Magnitude of force is inversely proportional to the threat level.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: antoinemarionette

If their tactics were truly intelligent they would use other means that are very much at their disposal, for raiding a suspected drug house, like isolating and cordoning off the immediate area, evacuating all innocent bystanders, using flash bang explosives, acoustic devices, and other weaponry that leaves "officers" unharmed as well as the public.

We should remember the baby in his crib hit with a flash bang. He is mangled for life and the city will not pay to treat the child.: abcnews.go.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Corpus christ cops sound pretty badass to be honest and put the fear into persicution. The last thing a group of people with little to live for seeking a death wish would want is being denied that death wish even if it's warrented.

Yup. Why give a free exit? When they can rot behind bars before reaching hell. As the common consensus goes for what we deem are criminals.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Yes, indeed we should.

The baby mangled in the crib, the child with 3rd degree burns and the dead WWII veteran when they raided the wrong house.

95 year old WWII veteran killed
edit on 20-2-2015 by antoinemarionette because: added link

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

THREE got hit, and (presumably) never returned fire?

Now that's some discipline right there. Texas boys don't mess around.

I read the article, none of the officers were hit center mass. Wish the reporting would have more details, as in what level armor they were wearing (if any) and/or what caliber projectiles they were hit with.

Officer Andrew Jordan, a four-year veteran of the CCPD, was shot in the upper leg and forearm; Senior Officer Steven Ruebelmann, a six-year veteran, was shot in the wrist and hand; and Officer Steven Brown, a two-year veteran, received a superficial wound to his right calf.

Guess the bad guys were too busy selling dope to go put in some trigger time at the range, probably thinking a sideways Glock or Hi-Point is a magical problem solver. Shooting well is a VERY perishable skill.

SWAT = Special Weapons And TACTICS. Funny how the T is hardly ever as emphasized as the W.

Its not the Arrow, its the Indian, as the old saying goes.....

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Not if they've been studying Lt. Col (RET) Jeff Cooper's Four Rules.

RULE 4
BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET

You never shoot at anything until you have positively identified it. You never fire at a shadow, or a sound, or a suspected presence. You shoot only when you know absolutely what you are shooting at and what is beyond it.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: CloudsTasteMetallic

If you are being stormed by black suits in the night and they DO NOT announce in time what can you do?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Good counter point. Having never been stormed by "storm ninjas" I can't give an honest answer as to what I would do, factoring in the adrenaline and such. Can't predict what anyone would do woken from sleep, reactions would vary.

The only time I've had to draw with full intent to take a life to protect mine if need be, stern verbal commands along with a muzzle aimed directly at center mass were thankfully enough to make the intruder turn tail and run. Picked the wrong house to B&E, that's for sure.

I will say though, that a typical breaking & entering is gonna involve 1, maybe 2, mickey-mouse-[snip] crackheads looking for an easy mark, not a well organized, breach, clear, and sweep with multiple ingress points by dudes in balaclavas, Lvl IIIA Armor and their SMG/PDW of choice.

Adrenaline and being woken up from a deep sleep may result in other outcomes though.
edit on 2212015 by CloudsTasteMetallic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join