It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jewish journalist gets hate on videotape as he strolls streets of Paris

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Yes Anti-Semitism seems to alive and well in mainly Arabic areas of Paris, Quelle surprise!!

It would be interesting to see the whole 10 hour footage, but then again it probably wouldn't be. Not the most scientific of studies, but when you want to prove a point, then you select the incidents that would support that point. If out of the 10 hour footage, all that he can show us to support his claims are 90 seconds worth of footage; then I think, as with the claims made by a number of European politicians, it's much ado about nothing.

link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: daaskapital

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Is there more footage?

The only anti-Semitic things I saw was that disgusting person who spat at him!
& the man who seemed to be following him saying "Jew"...

I don't know how a group of youths saying "I'm not joking... the dog won't eat you" is anti-Semitic.

& the first guy saying "are you a Jew?" seems to be heading towards anti-Semitism until he stopped talking and the clip changed.

Questions have been asked as to if this is based on 'ten hours in Paris as a Jew' why it's whittled down to 90 seconds. The guy who actually posted it on youtube has conceded that he experienced comments in what would be called rough areas, but that he also had friendly exchanges with people that for some reason he didn't include.

www.bbc.co.uk...

It's impossible for us to verify Klein's video, and like other "10 hours in..." videos there has been a large amount of editing - which critics say conveys a false impression. The clips featured appear to be shot in poorer and predominantly Muslim neighbourhoods. Could he be accused of deliberately seeking out negative comments? He doesn't see it that way. "If I was walking around with an Israeli flag, I understand it might create negative feelings. But I don't think [wearing a kippah] should generate that kind of thing."

So are Jewish people confronted with this kind of abuse throughout the city? No, not everywhere, Klein tells BBC Trending. In its more famous neighbourhoods - around the Champs Elysees and the Eiffel Tower - he saw "a little bit, but nothing worth putting in the video". "As we went to the suburbs, or certain neighbourhoods in the city, the remarks became more violent," he says.

Although a bodyguard was trailing Klein and his secret cameraman, the abuse didn't escalate beyond the verbal. "I did think that there might be some violence, but there was none," he says. In fact some locals spoke out in his defence when heckled, and there was a friendly conversation as well, but these were not filmed and included in the video.

www.bbc.co.uk...

That about sums it up for me. The man received positive and negative interactions, depending on the suburbs and people. The video was edited to elicit a specific response from viewers, and it was engineered to conform to a specific agenda.

Not surprising at all.

Thanks for the link.

So this will cause you to ignore the real hatred he encountered?

Not at all.

It just makes the video and the man's intentions suspect.

Nevertheless, abuse is never okay, and should not be tolerated.

link   

originally posted by: PizzaAnyday505

That Muslim boy is actually right

According to many prophecies not only will Jews suffer again but all the Jews currently occupying illegal settlements in Palestine are as good as dead

No not from Palestinians but from other forces in WW 3 which US government is working so hard to start

Overall Israel is projected to lose 3-4 million Jews,

Tel Aviv will be rubble, but Jerusalem will be mostly preserved

if you want the hate to stop don't take my land and poison my water

Stop the stealing and sabotage oh great and ever growing IsraHELL

I see you are presenting the classic, "they got it coming" argument.
What if a segment of the world thinks your demographic "got it coming" one day?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Yes Anti-Semitism seems to alive and well in mainly Arabic areas of Paris, Quelle surprise!!

It would be interesting to see the whole 10 hour footage, but then again it probably wouldn't be. Not the most scientific of studies, but when you want to prove a point, then you select the incidents that would support that point. If out of the 10 hour footage, all that he can show us to support his claims are 90 seconds worth of footage; then I think, as with the claims made by a number of European politicians, it's much ado about nothing.

What would satisfy you?
91 seconds?
1 hour?
For some 10 seconds is too much.

Why is your standard of subjectivity the one people should use?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

According to many prophecies not only will Jews suffer again but all the Jews currently occupying illegal settlements in Palestine are as good as dead

No not from Palestinians but from other forces in WW 3 which US government is working so hard to start

Some of them do...

I've never heard you say a bad word about them!

Can you say "Je Suis Hypocrite"...

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Is there more footage?

I don't know how a group of youths saying "I'm not joking... the dog won't eat you" is anti-Semitic.

& the first guy saying "are you a Jew?" seems to be heading towards anti-Semitism until he stopped talking and the clip changed.

Questions have been asked as to if this is based on 'ten hours in Paris as a Jew' why it's whittled down to 90 seconds. The guy who actually posted it on youtube has conceded that he experienced comments in what would be called rough areas, but that he also had friendly exchanges with people that for some reason he didn't include.

www.bbc.co.uk...

It's impossible for us to verify Klein's video, and like other "10 hours in..." videos there has been a large amount of editing - which critics say conveys a false impression. The clips featured appear to be shot in poorer and predominantly Muslim neighbourhoods. Could he be accused of deliberately seeking out negative comments? He doesn't see it that way. "If I was walking around with an Israeli flag, I understand it might create negative feelings. But I don't think [wearing a kippah] should generate that kind of thing."

So are Jewish people confronted with this kind of abuse throughout the city? No, not everywhere, Klein tells BBC Trending. In its more famous neighbourhoods - around the Champs Elysees and the Eiffel Tower - he saw "a little bit, but nothing worth putting in the video". "As we went to the suburbs, or certain neighbourhoods in the city, the remarks became more violent," he says.

Although a bodyguard was trailing Klein and his secret cameraman, the abuse didn't escalate beyond the verbal. "I did think that there might be some violence, but there was none," he says. In fact some locals spoke out in his defence when heckled, and there was a friendly conversation as well, but these were not filmed and included in the video.

www.bbc.co.uk...

That about sums it up for me. The man received positive and negative interactions, depending on the suburbs and people. The video was edited to elicit a specific response from viewers, and it was engineered to conform to a specific agenda.

Not surprising at all.

Thanks for the link.

Not at all.

So if a man's intentions of finding bigotry are shown, then that bigotry doesn't count? It is not real unless it is unexpected?

I am not trying to be combative, just the stances people are taking do not seem well thought out.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

a reply to: uncommitted

It could be argued that in an 10hr span of the day no one should receive 1 single solitary second of abuse such as this...

But it also has the hint of propaganda by emitting the countless mundane altercations and pleasant parts of his journey...

I'm sure more people in France are with the guy, than against him...

Still, nobody should be spat on.
Disgrace.

Hi there, all of your comments are ones I totally agree with. It's hard to know what to make of this without further context (don't even know if the people giving out the abuse are French or recent immigrants to France - doesn't excuse anything of course, but it may give context).

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Interesting. No wonder it's been reported that Jewish folks want to leave France. A French man minding his own business, wearing a Jewish yarmulke takes a walk and gets verbal stuff (and spit) tossed at him for no reason. He's a fellow Frenchman and people go out of their way to make comments about Palestine toward him. Palestine is irrelevant to this man walking around his own country. How very sad.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Actually, I believe he was an Israeli journalist who flew to France for this experiment.

2nd

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

These types of videos are almost always skewed to fit a specific agenda. I question this video's veracity, just as i do with the New York video on which it is based.

Just some points i noticed:

- The audio is horrible and we don't know if the translations match the statements made by bystanders.

- The original footage may have captured a multitude of responses, including positive interactions. This video may have been edited to suit this specific agenda of anti-semitism.

- Going off of some of the comments made by French people on the Youtube video, it would appear that this man had decided to film himself walking through predominantly poor and Muslim neighbourhoods, where one might expect interactions different to walking through other areas of Paris.

What's even more suspect is the fact that the video quotes the ADL as saying that 'France is the most anti-semetic country in Western Europe', yet out of an apparent 10 hours worth of footage, the man only provided us with 1 minute and 30 seconds of minimal interactions with others (and that's walking through poor Muslim neighbourhoods).

The translations do match. He shares the French translation, I took 2nd year French. I recognized most of the words and their meanings. The ones I didn't, I looked up.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

it is not isolated, it is happening all over europe, and not just jews

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Is there more footage?

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk...

Not surprising at all.

Thanks for the link.

Not at all.

So if a man's intentions of finding bigotry are shown, then that bigotry doesn't count? It is not real unless it is unexpected?

I am not trying to be combative, just the stances people are taking do not seem well thought out.

This isn't an interview.

No. Of course the harassment counts. It is abuse, and it is illegal. I only find the video suspect because the man had gone out of his way to film and edit the video in order to comply with a specific agenda. That doesn't lessen the abuse he received, and it doesn't mean he should be outright ignored. At least he confirmed that he received positive interactions with others during his day. Not many people who film similar videos own up to alternative messages like that.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Some of them do...

I've never heard you say a bad word about them!

Can you say "Je Suis Hypocrite"...

Derail attempt noted. Attacking the OP is standard fare around here.
Ho hum.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Thanks for the information. I thought it was just something worth looking in to.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
and there is a catch (catch 22?maybe?)

oh the drama...

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

a reply to: Anyafaj

Thanks for the information. I thought it was just something worth looking in to.

No problem. When I was going to share it last night, I was going to show both sides.

2nd

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Derail?

I have no intention of derailing your thread Tinfoil...

I was answering your question about what ifs...

If you didn't want to answer to your lack of condemnation in that instance, you should have just ignored me!

& if you have no sense of humour to see that wasn't an attack but satire, you need to lighten up!

Life's too short!

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Is there more footage?

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk...

Not surprising at all.

Thanks for the link.

Not at all.

I'm not sure of your stance, let me tell you why I say that...

The 90 seconds show examples of what could be referred to as 'casual racism', but not - from what I could see - an incitement to violence. I could be wrong and may have missed that. In the UK, incitement to violence based on race/colour/creed etc is a crime should it be reported and may result in imprisonment. From what I understand, what I referred to as 'casual racism' - which let me make clear I find abhorrent, regardless of who is slinging the mud and who they are slinging it at - possibly would be harder to make a legal case against, I'm not sure of the legal position in France.

But if I have understood your avatar correctly, you are in America. Many of your compatriots on ATS not only support someone's right to say whatever they want, no matter how offensive, but also seem to positively encourage it!!!!! How do you stand about that?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2
and there is a catch (catch 22?maybe?)

oh the drama...

LoL there are some real sociopaths out there.

People who need to appear persecuted because they're a meaningless virus on a ball of dirt!

Shameful!

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

it is not isolated, it is happening all over europe, and not just jews

France has become Anti-semitic while banning the Burqa in the name of democracy. Guess they forgot Muslims aren't the only ones using the Burqa.

They should also consider putting a complete ban on halal meat. That too can't be done without doing the same for Kosher meat as well.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

i have hours of videos, but i hesitate to post them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join