It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does Everyone Have a Unique Sneeze, & Whats Yours!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I always sneeze twice. Always. I also LOVE sneezing, it feels amazing. I've heard its 1/10th of an orgasm? LoL

I also find that looking into the sun or a fluorescent light source will help bring one out, anyone who can explain any of these phenomena or add to the list?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Everything you have said is the same for me....my answer.

Pepper
or snuff.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
A few more things come to mind.

My mom always does minimum 3 quick sneezes in a row; we've known to wait until the 3rd one since I was a child.

When someone sneezes, do you always say something? After one sneeze in my vicinity, I will say Bless You, then I'll say "Times 2/3/4" depending on how many follow up sneezes there are. It makes girls laugh.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Anything that irritates my nose. My nose is super sensitive in terms of physical sensation. Just getting it hit wrong will do it. And I almost never sneeze less than once; it's almost always more than twice. I can almost trigger it reliably just by pinching the upper part of my nose.

There was this nasal stuff you could use to open you upper nasal passages. One of the possible side-effects was a temporary increase in sneezing. I used to try to reduce congestion and wound up sneezing straight for over 20 minutes. I only did that once. It was the most miserable and exhausting experience of that kind I've ever had.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Same with me op, always two (unless hay fever related then multiple), always feels great

Ive engineered my sneeze to only come through my mouth and not nose, so it sounds more like a loud cough, tho i do follow it up with a "excuse me", one per sneeze.

And when you have a sneeze coming but cant quite get there, stare into a bright light - finishes the job!

one more thing, when you feel a sneeze but it goes away, are you disappointed?
edit on b3131127 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

edit on b3434139 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

every time i walk outside on a sunny day i sneeze a least once, it is usually a mild sneeze. for the past three years when i cook if i use black pepper( i know i didn't believe it until then) i sneeze, and it's a great of big one that take a few seconds to build up. i use to never sneeze when i used pepper.

edit on 16-2-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
I always sneeze twice. Always. I also LOVE sneezing, it feels amazing. I've heard its 1/10th of an orgasm? LoL

I also find that looking into the sun or a fluorescent light source will help bring one out, anyone who can explain any of these phenomena or add to the list?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

At-least 5 to 7 in a row for me. Typically never less.

I hate sneezing. Except when my nose is burning so so bad a sneeze makes me feel much much better.

leolady

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I usually sneeze three times in a row when I sneeze. The smell of certain foods can trigger this, but I haven't thought of identifying what they are yet. I don't think it has anything to do with an allergy though, but I'm not sure about that.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Looking at the sun, or pulling out a nose hair, I always sneeze 3 times

and i agree it feels pretty amazing the few milliseconds before it goes. but the worst thing is someone stopping you mid way, its a total anti-climax

but...... it can be dangerous: Burst eardrums, broken backs, even death... the dangers of sneezing

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I sneeze when I...erm...you know. It's a real thing too, but no one believes it until they look it up. Even I didn't for the longest time.

Other than that I wish someone would explain why someone saying bless you or gesundheit before you sneeze usually stops the sneeze.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'm firmly in the, once or twice "Yaaaahoo" camp, so you're fairly safe when I'm around. The missus is something else!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I have the choked off sounding sneezes cause I try and hold them in.

One time I sneezed while my head was down working on something and my head lurched forward smacking a cabinet so hard it rebounded nearly knocking my self out in the process.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
If you want to be mean to somone about to sneeze, blow in their face, just a short puff, it'll put the sneeze off and often they get a little mad.

I knew a pair of bothers that used to do this to each other and it was damned funny to watch the sneezee get annoyed, usually followed up by "god damn it, every time, every damned time, i hate you!" type comment.

From dah internet "A long-standing estimate pins the velocity of a sneeze at roughly 100 meters per second, or 224 miles per hour, but that appears to be a gross exaggeration."

Nice, most sports cars dont go as fast as my sneeze!!!

edit on b5050105 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
Same with me op, always two (unless hay fever related then multiple), always feels great

Ive engineered my sneeze to only come through my mouth and not nose, so it sounds more like a loud cough, tho i do follow it up with a "excuse me", one per sneeze.

And when you have a sneeze coming but cant quite get there, stare into a bright light - finishes the job!

one more thing, when you feel a sneeze but it goes away, are you disappointed?

I always say Excuse Me after a sneeze. I also don't sneeze very often, & they're rather powerful & take me by surprise, & it's become a bit of a habit to drop an F Bomb right before the Excuse Me, lol. & I don't like to say excuse me twice, but I always sneeze twice & so usually drop at least 2 F bombs.

But when I'm walking & a sneeze literally forces me back a step or 2, an F Bomb is warranted.

For the record, I always bend over & sneeze into my sleeve or jeans.

Anyone ever been sneezed on? happened to me at a play when I was younger from the dude sitting behind us....

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

I get genuinely pissed off when a sneeze doesn't come to fruition. It's like a form of torture.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Sneezing.

My one true foe. I hate sneezing. It drives me freaking insane. I have a cold right now so I am still doing battle with my nemesis.

When I do sneeze, I actually go: AHHHCHOOO sometimes followed by: OOGEDYBOO so when you get that special sneeze that you have to work up to you go: AHHHCHOOOGEDYBOO! and its so much more satisfying.

For as much as I despise sneezing, there is nothing worse than the "non-sneeze", you know, when you think you have to sneeze and it gets to the "AHHH" part but never makes it to "CHOOO" let alone the coveted "OOGEDYBOO".

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Yeah I like a good ole sneeze. Mine comes through me mouth not nose. And yeah looking at a bright light source always gets them going. Great sensation.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I get genuinely pissed off when a sneeze doesn't come to fruition. It's like a form of torture.

This is whats so delectably evil about deliberately doing it to somone else. When one goes by its self thats bad enough, but when theres somone else to blame... WISH DEATH ON THEM!!

Also: If it truely 1/10 of an orgasm, then i have 1/10 a greater understanding of what women go through in bed if they dont... you know, before the guy does and he falls asleep

edit on b0303246 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

Also: If it truely 1/10 of an orgasm, then i have 1/10 a greater understanding of what women go through in bed if they dont... you know, before the guy does and he falls asleep

A terribly accurate analogy which I hadn't considered.
edit on 16-2-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join