It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Confounded By This Christian's Reaction To The 21 Beheaded By ISIS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Over the weekend ISIS beheaded 21 captive Coptic Christians and released a video of the horrific event. Accordingly and righteously, Egypt went ballistic on their a$$es. GOOD! This story in and of itself deserves it's own thread, and I would happily subscribe to it, but I don't have the fortitude to author it. This is a different thread.

After the release of the beheading video Sunday night, the tiny Christian-majority home village of more than half of the 21 Egyptians believed killed by the extremists was gutted by grief. Inside the village church, relatives wept and shouted the names of the dead in shock.

So sad! There are no words.

This thread is about a statement, the only statement, that the press chose to release, that quotes one of the grief stricken villagers and a member of the Christian Church that his relative, who had been just been publicly murdered by ISIS, belonged to and his heart wrenching reaction to the slaughter.

"What will be a relief to me is to take a hold of his murderer, tear him apart, eat up his flesh and liver," said Bushra Fawzi in el-Aour village, as he wept over the loss of his 22-year-old son Shenouda. "I want his body back. If they dumped it in the sea, I want it back. If they set fire to it, I want its dust."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Okay, there are 2 things here; 1) That's no Eucharist ritual, not that I've ever heard of anyway! That's a primitive reaction that heralds back to tribal superstitions that pre-dates Coptic Christianity. 2) Why would the press release this statement? It's not very (western) Christian like. I mean, I understand the call for vengeance, and I'm totally sympathetic with this guys angst. But the cannibalism part is what confounds me.

Honestly, this isn't an attack on the Christians, or their families that were slaughtered by ISIS. I'm just expressing my confusion on the press release and the message of the desire to consume their enemies, expressed by this one individual.

Perhaps this thread should go into the Conspiracies in Religion forum, as it may be a conspiracy, by the media, to present Coptic Christians as primitive and tribal. Or, maybe the Coptic Christians have a fundamentally different view of the Eucharist than Catholics and other westernized Christians.

What say you ATS?

edit on 16-2-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Or maybe he is a grief stricken father & his reaction has little to do with his Faith?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Personally, I don't know anyone who would express their grief by wanted to consume the liver of their enemy, but I live sheltered in the USA. Perhaps it's a common middle eastern euphemism that's lost in translation?

edit on 16-2-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

As usual, the press is taking a tragety and turning it into a controversy. The man just witnessed his relative being murdered, I cant blame him for his reaction. How would anyone else here react in that situation?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Seems to me that someone wants to dilute the horror of what IS are doing over there.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

As usual, the press is taking a tragety and turning it into a controversy. The man just witnessed his relative being murdered, I cant blame him for his reaction. How would anyone else here react in that situation?

That isn't WWs point at all. Reread the last half of his post.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Dunno about Middle Eastern.

I'd not think twice to cannibalise anyone who harms my family.

I'd say it's more of a Human trait than Middle Eastern.

Even if rare.

Or medium rare.

edit on 16-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Well, my point was that the media is trying to demonize the coptics.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Very probable, though what is a Coptic Christian exactly?
I think only other Christian denominations would recognize this as a specific attack against Coptics.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Personally I think those are somewhat incoherent ramblings of a grief-stricken, possibly in shock person that is in the throws of rage.

In America the person may say they want to tear off their head and ____ down their neck. IMO neither should be taken literal.

As for the press and its motivations to print that I simply think they are being the bastards they are. It isn't about reporting the story for them it is about invoking emotions with how they tell it.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Even if rare.

Or medium rare.

Or maybe it's a male thing? If someone did that to a member of my family I would probably wish him dead, but dead is dead. To go beyond that speaks to savagery, and I truly do not understand that.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

As for the press and its motivations to print that I simply think they are being the bastards they are. It isn't about reporting the story for them it is about invoking emotions with how they tell it.

Yeah. They evoked more than my emotions on that one. I took all my concentration to swallow that sip of coffee.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Its a figure of speech and expression of his deep and raw anguish and more terrifying to behold and say then simply howling at the moon

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Even if rare.

Or medium rare.

Or maybe it's a male thing? If someone did that to a member of my family I would probably wish him dead, but dead is dead. To go beyond that speaks to savagery, and I truly do not understand that.

Disgustingly accurate; human nature is the same in all of us, it's how we act on it.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

What the ISIS are doing, are NOT so Islamic!

Grandmother Bravely Stands Up To ISIS Telling Them To Stop

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

It may be a Male thing, yes.

Savagery begets savagery!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I understand this guy's raw emotions!

If I was a Christian, I would want the flesh and blood of Jesus coursing through my veins, and I would participate in the Eucharist. I just don't understand the desire to have my enemies' liver and flesh coursing through my system. I wouldn't want an ISIS militant literally in my heart!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Perhaps it's a common middle eastern euphemism that's lost in translation?
Kind of like the shoe throwing thing they do .

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Just journalism. Print a quote that catches the eye.

I believe the flesh and liver munching is purely figurative.

ISIS days are numbered.

Look to forward to seeing the IS executioner's dead bodies with cigarettes hanging from their forever idled mouths.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I really think it is. Not trying to male bash at all though. My mind went back to the days when my late husband used to watch football, and I would run around the house to shut all the windows so passers-by would not hear him yelling "kill the b*stards. Nail him!" at the TV, and at the top of his voice. He was what I would call "really involved" in watching his games. The children were upset to hear this kind of shouting and I would usually have to take them out for ice cream.

edit on 16-2-2015 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join