It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HSBC Issues "apology" for "assisting tax evasion.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

I find this article enfuriating.......
These pond scum actually think an apology is what we wanted......
hidden carefully in the wording is the disturbing fact they were harbouring a huge clientele of rich tax evaders.....
They say they closed the accounts of suspected evaders.....and now they have 65% LESS CLIENTS>>>>
That sort of means the 65% were likely the evaders...in other words 65% of their accounts WERE evading taxes.....
This would seem to indicate a huge collusion on the part of HSBC and a real and pressing reason to see prosecution of the banks personell as well as the evaders don't you think?
Only 35% of the banks business was even legal.....that's worth a lot more than an apology.....

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Just imagine all the crap the FED gets away with.

They, the big banks and banksters, are one big happy evil family that only looks after their own interests, and ensures their own success on the backs of us useless eaters.

Let the whole Ponzi fiat banking system crash, the sooner the better.

Only I fear a total collapse will ensure their ultimate goal, COMPLETE control.

We lose.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

That's their game. If they ever let it collapse it's only part of their plan to continue domination. TPTB will just roll back in with a new system.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
That's just how condescending these scum-sucking, bottom-feeding algae eaters are. Big banks feel were stupid enough that an apology and a "we'll never do it again" statement is enough to placate us. It was just two short years ago HSBC was busted for laundering almost a $1billion in drug funds from Colombian/Mexican drug lords and Hezbollah. Concealing tax evaders, laundering drug and terrorist money, what's next? I hope they all choke to death on their bonuses and golden parachutes.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
W hat is hard to swallow is the apology.....These barstids were doing well over half their business with tax evading clients.....Its damn hard to believe they weren't very actively aiding and abetting these cheats.....
HSBC is a criminal bank and should be dissolved forthwith....as well as a forensic audit of their operation to reveal the depths of their criminal activities....
All the executives should be facing lengthy prison terms for their criminal schemes......

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Agreed. I'd love to see those pricks put on trial. But, as the 2008 collapse showed, the bankers have bought off so many Western politicians, and spent their way so far into government, that it would take nothing short of a miracle to put even one behind bars. Not one top banker from the '08 disaster has been convicted of criminal charges and, sadly, if it didn't happen over that then I don't see it ever happening.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

HSBC are " Sorry ".

Probably translates to sorry they got caught.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Time for a new South Park episode?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

The same thing that would happen to any of us for tax evasion or even assisting it should happen to them.

It involves handcuffs,jail,and losing everything you own.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

When HSBC got away with funding terrorism a few years ago, I stopped caring what this bank does. They are untouchable.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

We have known for years that the rich avoid paying their taxes; so it is no surprise that rich bankers were helping others evade taxes, for a profit of course.

More praises for Iceland and their handling of the banksters crimes. Go Iceland!

The other day I was accused of demonizing the rich and I thought no just those that are crooks, on further thought that may be all of them or at least the majority of them! lol's

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
For common knowledge to sink in it seems to take the public far longer than the few.....
If the public were fully aware of the criminality of the ruling elite there would be bodies decorating every lamp post in the world....
I don't understand how headline news from their own mainstream news outlets doesn't seem to faze people, or galvanize them to action....
Outright criminal behavior is unacceptable for the plebs...what about the rich sets them apart from the same?
MONEY......
Money to buy governments judges politicians and more....
They say LBJ had his own personal HIT MAN.....to murder those who he felt a danger to his reputation or business dealings....
This was your president....
How many other elites have the same shtick going?
They parade this information before an apathetic populace and nothing gets changed how is that?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
For common knowledge to sink in it seems to take the public far longer than the few.....
If the public were fully aware of the criminality of the ruling elite there would be bodies decorating every lamp post in the world....
I don't understand how headline news from their own mainstream news outlets doesn't seem to faze people, or galvanize them to action....
Outright criminal behavior is unacceptable for the plebs...what about the rich sets them apart from the same?
MONEY......
They say LBJ had his own personal HIT MAN.....to murder those who he felt a danger to his reputation or business dealings....
They parade this information before an apathetic populace and nothing gets changed how is that?

That's why I posted that BP parody!

How does the judicial system treat commoners who say "I'm sorry.".

Ignorance of the law is no excuse?

Honestly, I don't even want to try to think logically anymore.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
MONEY......

Well said. As to your question about how many elites have the same schtick going on, I'd say all of them. Perhaps I'm naive, but I think the fundamental problems are shared among the people of Canada, US, UK, Australia & NL. What is happening in one country is surely happening, or will happen in the others (the mass electronic surveillance elucidated by Snowden is one example of that). And as such, once the masses do awaken in one place, it will certainly spread throughout the others.

We are all culpable in allowing this to happen to us. Though I'm afraid this train has gone so far off the rails that we might never get it back on track. My perception here in the US, and perhaps it's the same there, is that we're sitting on a powder keg, waiting for our Tunisian fruit seller to set it off. Maybe it's just my wishful thinking?
edit on 15-2-2015 by FatherStacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Well we all know what rhymes with Bankers don't we.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FatherStacks

&

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

When HSBC got away with funding terrorism a few years ago, I stopped caring what this bank does. They are untouchable.

This part of the scandal is overlooked somehow.

It's not only "tax evaders"... It's also arms and drug dealers and financiers of international terrorism.
Yet all everyone talks about is "tax evasion"...

Tbh, I'd evade all taxes if I could get away with it so easy.

*No reason to stop caring though. This topic is already way too unpopular for some reason.
edit on 15-2-2015 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: FatherStacks
Not one top banker from the '08 disaster has been convicted of criminal charges and, sadly, if it didn't happen over that then I don't see it ever happening.

Iceland would disagree.

Executives at collapsed Iceland bank jailed for fraud

THAT'S how to deal with criminal Banksters!

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Well at least they took time out from the hookers /coke and champagne and bonuses to say sorry

so it's all good again

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Reminds of the movie "The International."

A thriller about an international bank called the IBBC that serviced drug lords and corrupt governments and even carried out assassinations of their own employees in order to maintain secrecy.

It's kinda ironic how similar the bank names are. When you look at the criminal history of this HSBC bank, the movie itself was almost prophetic.

I think it may be time to reward some bankers with an extended stay at one of our comfy prisons, free of charge.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
This is hardly surprising. HSBC was founded on the opium drug trade. It makes no sense for a bank in a tax haven to change their ways after repeated slaps on the wrist over the years.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join