It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Historian Says U.S. Women Drive Because They Don't Care If They're Raped

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Sure is some fine people America and Europe keeps selling weapons too, definitely sounds like theyve gotten on board with this democracy business.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
It actually says more about Saudi men, that they don't think men can keep themselves from raping women unless they are wrapped up and guarded under lock and key.

Very true. it speaks to the mind of the men and that they want an excuse to act like animals. It's not women having sinful desires .. it's really the men who use driving as an excuse for rape.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

It all boils down to ancient customs in some countries, where women are indeed chattel without any basic human rights and where men seem free to beat, rape and kill women without any consequences; legal or otherwise. Where, here in the West, rape, in particular, is still under-reported probably due to the unconscious? stigma that 'she asked for it because she....' or 'it was my fault it happened because I didn't or did ....".

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Well I can either cry or laugh at the ignorance displayed by this so-called cleric. This supposed holy man displays such an absence of human compassion and understanding about women. He absolutely does not seem to realize that rape destroys the human spirit. There is no excuse in this day and age for such abject stupidity.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

If I could get a group of ATS women to confront him and rip him a new one (as they say), you would definitely be high up on my recruitment list!

Just sayin'.

_________

They just want to completely control women. And they do, and they don't want that to change. Somewhere in their heads, they fear women terribly.
edit on 2/12/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The prophet Muhammad never banned women from riding camels which at the time were used for transport.
The level of stupidity with these wahhabis is unbelievable.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I'm sorry, I just cant seem to find the damns to give today about foreign stupidity on display. We have enough of our own brand of it to contend with.
/shrug

If the population as a whole is going to change in SA, it's not going to be because of pissed/insulted women abroad. They gotta do that on their own terms, and anything we perceive as wrong, unfair, embarrassing or humiliating to them from a mouth piece actually has to be perceived as such to them to even get a ball slightly rolling in the first place. I'm equal-opportunity when it comes to making fun of somewhere on the planet for asinine BS, but it's just us having a laugh & nothing more, we're not going to turn a new chapter anywhere but our own soils.
edit on 2/12/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

And why would a foreign woman go to Saudi?

I've wondered about that too. For the hope of riches, perhaps? Living the life of luxury with a rich sheik?

Who knows. They are signing up to go fight with IS. I guess it takes a "very special" (ahem) kind of female.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
We can drill for oil through glass using diamond drill bits.

Just saying...

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Reminds me of this..lol
www.youtube.com...
My mothers husband has his nephew here from Saudi Arabia..17yrs old,(here for school) I have blown his mind on alot of things..he likes it here.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

These clowns are stuck in the 7th century. What a fool.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: n00bUK

really , don't you know that the motto of this site is DENY IGNORANCE , if you are only concerned about you own neck of the woods , why bother reading these posts ?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
“Well, they should listen to me and get used to what society thinks, if they are really so out of touch with it,” he replied. (Te legraph)

I dare say Watson, he is the one who is really so out of touch with it.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Your vid. It's all about maintaining control. It's about fear of losing it.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

We can drill for oil through glass using diamond drill bits.

NavyDoc, I've read many of your posts, and I respect you.

But turning the ME into glass is the LAST thing I want.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I wouldn't let the idiocy of this witless wonder bother you.

'course, I'm male...so my perspective isn't the same as yours...

This is a political statement, nothing more, nothing less. ...not to mention he probably was told what to say by his political masters.

Then get in your car, and drive real far...and flip him the metaphorical bird.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
I wonder in reality which country has the higher rate of rape?

This is something that is so grossly under-reported in our, and likely all countries, we'll never truly know.
edit on 2/12/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: FlyersFan

If I could get a group of ATS women to confront him and rip him a new one (as they say), you would definitely be high up on my recruitment list!

Just sayin'.

_________

They just want to completely control women. And they do, and they don't want that to change. Somewhere in their heads, they fear women terribly.
Can you put me on that list too? I'd like to give this idiot a piece of my "inferior female mind".

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
...and drive to the meeting.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Can you put me on that list too? I'd like to give this idiot a piece of my "inferior female mind".

GF, YES! You are number two right after FF. : )

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join