It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Historian Says U.S. Women Drive Because They Don't Care If They're Raped

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Seeing this has pushed all my buttons this morning. I really don't care who you are, you should have to face the consequences and wrath from American women if you are going to say this ridiculous garbage. I wish a group of female ATS'ers had a few minutes with this guy. He'd feel like he'd been raped by the time we got through with him. lol.

A Saudi Arabian historian trying to justify the nation's ban on female drivers says women who drive in other countries such as the United States don't care if they're raped and that sexual violence "is no big deal to them."

Saleh al-Saadoon claimed in a recent TV interview that women can be raped when a car breaks down, but unlike other countries, Saudi Arabia protects its women from that risk by not allowing them to drive in the first place, according to a translation posted online by the Middle East Media Research Institute.

"They don't care if they are raped on the roadside, but we do," al-Saadoon said on Saudi Rotana Khalijiyya TV.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 2/12/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: added video

~~ thank you SO. : )

Posted to the ATS Twitter Feed with this image:

edit on 12-2-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: POSTED TO TWITTER

*Thank you SO. 'Bout damn time I got some publicity around here. : )

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
And then there is his suggested solution to the problem:

"There is a solution, but the government officials and the clerics refuse to hear of it," he said. "The solution is to bring in female foreign chauffeurs to drive our wives."

That caused the female host to laugh and cover her face with her palm.

"Female foreign chauffeurs?" she said. "Seriously?"

Saudi women face serious penalties if they are caught driving, including lashing. Two women who defied the ban on driving last year, Loujain al-Hathloul and Maysa al-Amoudi, are being tried in a court that handles terror cases.

Is that not wild? He wants to recruit 'foreign women" to drive Saudi women around? Which in his mind would give the "okay" to rape the female chauffeur "because she wouldn't mind"?

Folks, someone has seriously blundered here.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
By the way, the three leading causes of PTSD in our country are:

1. Combat
2. Car crashes
3. Rape

Ah, no. We don't mind. Some women never get over it.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I don't expect any forward movement in regards to women's rights from 'those' that insist on clinging on to practices which serve 'those' best.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

well that statement is just as stupid as saying all blonds are dumb , so do you really think that any one is going to take any notice of him, well other than the saudi men .

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I wonder in reality which country has the higher rate of rape?
But it's ok if it the husband you've been forced to marry, or the woman is too scared to come forward in case she is the one that gets convicted.
Ignorant arseholes!!!!!!!

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Just one more example of why the ME is rife with problems, and has been for millennia, even without our illicit intervention. You can tell a lot about a society by looking at the status of it's female population. And the ME is in the gutter.

edit on 2/12/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
What an idiot.

Nothing much to say other than that.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
And then there is his suggested solution to the problem:

"There is a solution, but the government officials and the clerics refuse to hear of it," he said. "The solution is to bring in female foreign chauffeurs to drive our wives."

That caused the female host to laugh and cover her face with her palm.

"Female foreign chauffeurs?" she said. "Seriously?"

Saudi women face serious penalties if they are caught driving, including lashing. Two women who defied the ban on driving last year, Loujain al-Hathloul and Maysa al-Amoudi, are being tried in a court that handles terror cases.

Is that not wild? He wants to recruit 'foreign women" to drive Saudi women around? Which in his mind would give the "okay" to rape the female chauffeur "because she wouldn't mind"?

Folks, someone has seriously blundered here.

And why would a foreign woman go to Saudi?
edit on 12-2-2015 by greencmp because: bad joke, edited

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I bet that's why they beat their wives also. Makes them too unattractive to rape. [ sarcasm ]
Wonder if they say this during the lashings.

Darb El Habib Zbeeb.

(A Hit from A loved One Is Raisins)

edit on 12-2-2015 by DAVID64 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I really do think there is such a thing as too stupid to live.

This is why as a species we are doomed, I think we've peaked a long time ago.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
So what? Are you from or live in Saudi Arabia? No? Then lets stop getting our knickers in a twist because this has # all to do with our countries.

We are not the world Police. Our countries are just as #ed as Saudi Arabia, its just we have a good media to distract us and make it out like everything's sweet.

There's something in your own community that needs your attention - Don't get dragged into agenda driven news that has absolutely no effect on your life

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: n00bUK
Thank you so much for your advice. I'll put my blindfold on and go plant some flowers and bake a cake. No sense in trying to study what goes in the rest of the world.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Thank you so much for your advice. I'll put my blindfold on and go plant some flowers and bake a cake. No sense in trying to study what goes in the rest of the world.

Sorry I can sound like a real dickhead at times, I do apologize lady.

Though you wouldn't have even been aware of this unless our media that is dehumanizing Muslims didn't show it.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight
One of the things that really bugs me, is that I don't think this guy, and others like him, truly recognize that women are "human". I mean, they might recognize that women are "human", but are NOT QUITE as human as men. Or not AS HUMAN quite in the same way that men are. If that makes sense.

(I've known American men like that too, though.)

It absolutely burns me up!

+20 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
My own time in Saudi Arabia left me hating that country with a passion, and this is one of the reasons why.

The Saudis mentality is that any woman who does not wrap herself in yards of black fabric and is not constantly babysitted by a male chaperone wants to be raped. It actually says more about Saudi men, that they don't think men can keep themselves from raping women unless they are wrapped up and guarded under lock and key. So if you sum it up from their perspective, men are ravenous animals that can't control themselves around women, and women should therefore live in fear or suffer. To which I respond, if their men are that bad, maybe they need to be neutered, period, since they are dangerous animals incapable of controlling their privates. Neutered and locked up.

Regardless, rape is much more common over there, but hardly ever reported, because of their retarded cultural mentality. They see female foreign workers as slaves, and according to Islamic law, non Muslim "slave" women are property and thus, you can't "rape" them, since they have no legal consent standing under their law. And believe me, it happens ALOT to the foreign worker women there, the majority of whom come from Asia and Africa.

Not only that, but even "good" women still get raped by their male relatives. So they aren't even safe from their "protectors".

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: n00bUK
So what? Are you from or live in Saudi Arabia? No? Then lets stop getting our knickers in a twist because this has # all to do with our countries.

We are not the world Police. Our countries are just as #ed as Saudi Arabia, its just we have a good media to distract us and make it out like everything's sweet.

There's something in your own community that needs your attention - Don't get dragged into agenda driven news that has absolutely no effect on your life

I'm a human being, I'm from earth, I'm concerned about the species and our eventual(hopeful) advancement to something that our children would be proud of.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

is that really an arab channel? how was she allowed to appear on tv without a burqa and covered head to toe?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Sorry I can sound like a real dickhead at times, I do apologize lady.

Apology Accepted! : )

Though you wouldn't have even been aware of this unless our media that is dehumanizing Muslims didn't show it.

But I'm not sure this is 'dehumanizing' Muslims. It's a state of mind. Sure we have our own social problems here, of course we do. And social problems globally also, but to specifically drag American women into it by saying "American women don't mind being raped", is an invitation for criticism from American women.

It's not just Muslims, or the ME. Think of Africa, India, and yes, here, where women are a minority.
Where women are abused simply because they lack the muscular and skeletal structure men have.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

So many levels of wrong but for some reason this thread made me laugh

Now get in the kitchen woman, and bake a cake

Truthfully Saudi is a shame and should not be an Allie they're a bunch of igmo's

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join