It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Jews did not suffer persecution within Germany prior to 1933"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Not contradictory.

There is a difference between a move against Jews and "rising hatred against Jews". One is action, the other is emotion.

Post WWI the German Jew, due to their success, was increasingly blamed for the outcome of WWI and the economic conditions of the time. In the 20s the German Jew was increasingly vilified by the German right. The German right was, during that time, gaining in popularity, but was still a minority in politics. Hitler helped coalesce the anti-jew hatred as well as fierce nationalism and turned those components into political victories.

Even after Hitler's election, there still remained a core of Jews who still believed he would bring prosperity and supported his party. That did not last for long for obvious reasons.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

intrptr,

You need to read the OP. I didn't make that statement. The woman, a German citizen, sent me an e-mail. She is the one who wrote those words. Read the OP before you start posting, or you won't make any sense.

This thread isn't about Muslims. You're comparing two totally different situations AND time periods. The German Jewish community during the first half of the 20th century was NOT attacking its own countrymen, or anyone else for that matter. Nor were there any Jewish German terrorists running around beheading people because of their religious beliefs.

Read some history.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: FathersGrace

Well said!

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: FathersGrace

I didn't make that statement.

I know that and sorry for using the thread as a sounding board for my spiel. It helps to use bracket code here to distinguish between user content on and off site.

By the way, I'm half German, My mother 's father was an officer in both wwi and ii and a card carrying member of the Nazi Party.

He survived both wars on the eastern front (in the second). I have studied history, I know religion , race and culture is always used by he current dominant empire to further greedy conquest for material gain and control. The Romans did it, the Nazis did it and so now do the western US dominated Hegemony. Sorry again about making that comparison, but I stand behind t.

I agree with what you say about Anti Jew hatred before Hitler. I also know he used it for his own agenda of hatred (which was really hatred of anyone that didn't submit to his authority). Doesn't matter if its jew or not. Anyone that gets in the way…

The Jews were a convenient scapegoat early on and wealthy to boot. He had to defeat them to rise to gain power.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

There is a difference between a move against Jews and "rising hatred against Jews". One is action, the other is emotion.

Hitlers "Final Solution" wasn't born overnight. It developed and was encouraged to become what we look aback and call genocide.

More people died in Russia at the hands of the Wermacht and Einsatzgruppen than in death camps, sorry to say.

Ever see "Come and See"? Mattered less that you were a jew, gypsy, seventh day adventist, political protester, (whatever) than you were just against the Third Reich or in their way. From about twenty three minutes into here…

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus

So it can definitely be argued that Jews were not persecuted prior to the rise of the Nazi Party, because such persecution was not a national policy, meaning it was not sanctioned by the state, and thus was mainly composed of isolated incidents involving non-state actors/civilians. The same type of conditions existed in the United States around that time

So not true!!!! This is what the German's would have us believe. I beg you to familiarize yourself with history.

Hitler was released from Landsberg in 1924 and he had virtually no chance of coming to power.There was not much interest in the Nazi ideology. [snip] So Hitler gets out of prison and the Nazi Party is not looking too hot.

Not much interest? Watch this short video from 1927 and tell me what you see?

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

Clearly, 1933 was an important date regarding Jews in Germany. No doubt that post WWI the Jew's perception by right wing Germans was in decline...

What was it, pray tell, that occurred in 1933?

Actually, I'll one-up you:

September 14, 1930.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join