It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas signals that gay marriage will be law of the land

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
I'd give you many more stars if I could!
That has always been my take on gay marriage.

Some of my best friends have come out, and while surprised once in a while, I still don't care.
A friend is a friend.

That being said, why did the Gov. ever feel the need to get involved with a religious ceremony in the first place?
Taxes and licensing.

I do understand the plight/fight for equality re: marriage. It never should have come to this point.

Had the Gov. never gotten involved in licensing, taxing, and insuring, this could have been left up to individual beliefs, as it should have been a long time ago.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oaktree
That being said, why did the Gov. ever feel the need to get involved with a religious ceremony in the first place?

Marriage is not religious based.

The only people who clain that are the religious.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

clarence thomas is on the supreme court isnt that the pubic hair coke can guy i heard about as a kid lol
no wonder our country is in the trash can people with no marals or values are running it

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: sweets777
a reply to: Aleister

clarence thomas is on the supreme court isnt that the pubic hair coke can guy i heard about as a kid lol
no wonder our country is in the trash can people with no marals or values are running it

Oh please.

Legislate my morality.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I just saw a good quote.

"Claiming that someone elses marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you are on a diet".

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
If Clarence Thomas is so against gay marriage I wonder how he would have voted on the 1967 Loving case (Loving v. Virginia) in which the Court ruled that prohibiting a marriage between a white and black couple was unconstitutional.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Oaktree

Marriage should just be between you and your other. If you want to involve religion, fine. But it certainly shouldn't be in the hands of the state.

Of course it is now, so my Libertarian side wants freedom for all, so that means there should be no restrictions on marriage no matter who you want to marry (except children, children can't make legal decisions on their own yet).

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join