It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nicotene - the new wonder drug (why smokers like to smoke)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: lakesidepark

Well, lucky for me (unlucky for you), there's not a lot of places that allow you to do that anymore.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

american Tobacco Companies add things like molasses, rum, sugar etc to tobacco as a flavoring agent. Americans prefer their tobacco smoke to be sweet. What you are referring to a list of every chemical in molasses, rum, sugar etc.

Its a true list but its deliberately done that way to be really alarming to the public.

Canadian Companies are banned from adding additives to tobacco except for things like humectents.

When I said everybody smokes - I meant that everybody inhales the smoke from wood burning, cooking food, candles, bbqing, fireplaces and especially the smoke of vehicle exhaust (burning of petro-chemicals).

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Another pro-tobacco thread by the same person that always starts pro-tobacco threads! It's like tobacco companies are taking us for idiots and send in their addicted pawn to lie to us.

Just the fact, clear fact, that not once E-Cigs were mentioned in the OP. And why is that?
Oh because he works for a tobacco company, it's right there in plain sight.

Who needs willpower when you can be a slave to your addiction? We should feature threads where heroin addict have a conversation on how positive being a weak addict is to their life.

Smoking is a personal choice, so is being stupid enough to believe that the positive sides of smoking outweighs not smoking.
I will not fall for pathetic threads like this one.

Deny ignorance.

Tired of Excuses... for addiction.
edit on 8-2-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Because Big Pharma has no delivery method that works like inhaling smoke. It seems that niacin (Vitamin B3) travels with the constituents of smoke, straight to the nicotene receptors in the brain in about 7.5 seconds. Even the nicotene inhaler can't deliver the doses of Niacin straight to the brain like smoking tobacco can.

By the way - in case you didn't know - when nicotene is burned, it decomposes in nicotinic acid (this is where the word niacin comes from).

Smokers get little its of Vitamin B3 with every puff.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

I do not work for the Tobacco Companies. I hate them! They sold out their customers at every chance. Read my profile. I have been very clear as to my intentions on ATS and who I am. That profile was written in 2009.

This is an ad hominiem attack. Do you have any evidence that what I am saying is untrue?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

0.5-1.0 mg/kg can be a lethal dosage for adult humans and there is also no known specific antidote aside from treatment via charcoal solution. Choose however to believe what ever you wish. You could always attempt to test the premise of your argument.
LoL

en.wikipedia.org...

www.calpoison.org...

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

You may live an average of 8 years longer than smokers because you don't smoke But lucky for smokers, they are far less likely to spend the last 10 years of their lives drooling in the diapers in some nursing home because of alzheimer's, parkinson's etc.

If longevity your reason for living? Does quality of life mean nothing to you~

Lucky for smokers, too much money is made from anti-tobacco to ever consider out and out prohibition.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

What do you think about alcohol addiction? I believe alcohol is more of a widespread problem than cigarettes yet people don't think anything of it because it's socialy acceptable,and I think a lot of people are alcoholics without even realising it and I find it strange when someone has such strong feelings against smokers and drinks 6 cans of beer every night.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Sorry but I posted cases of people who tried to ingest nicotene as a means of committing suicide. They ingested far higher doses than this and the only result was vomiting.

You will be hearing alot more of this research in the near future. Big Pharma has tarred nicotene's reputation to the point where non-smokers refuse to accept as a treatment. Do a google search on "beneficial uses of nicotene" and watch what comes up.

BTW - wikapedia is not the best source of information because people can change it at will

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks

You may live an average of 8 years longer than smokers because you don't smoke But lucky for smokers, they are far less likely to spend the last 10 years of their lives drooling in the diapers in some nursing home because of alzheimer's, parkinson's etc.

If longevity your reason for living? Does quality of life mean nothing to you~

Lucky for smokers, too much money is made from anti-tobacco to ever consider out and out prohibition.

Tired of Control Freaks

Quality of life means everything to me. Inhaling someone else's smoke ruins my quality of life. It makes it hard to breath, stuffs up my sinuses, gives me headaches. That definitely impacts my quality of life.

My father's side of the family has a genetic predisposition to lung diseases. Those in the family who smoked had miserable short lives - my grandfather died of emphesyma at 66, and the last 5 years of his life was spent in and out of hospitals, in wheelchairs and having to carry an oxygen canister around. Those in my father's family who never smoked lived long, healthy, very productive lives. I had a great aunt who was in her 90's and still out mowing her lawn. I'd rather end up like her than my grandfather.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: amurphy245

I feel the same way about alcohol addiction as I do about tobacco addiction.

The government needs to stay out of our personal lives. If you think you have any addiction, you should be free to seek medical help without shame or censure.

I do agree though that alcohol addiction is far deadlier than tobacco addiction. The average alcoholic dies in their 50s and destroys alot of lives along the way. Tobacco addiction is far less deadly and destroys no one!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

0.5-1.0 mg/kg can be a lethal dosage for adult humans and there is also no known specific antidote aside from treatment via charcoal solution. Choose however to believe what ever you wish. You could always attempt to test the premise of your argument.
LoL

en.wikipedia.org...

www.calpoison.org...

Kind of a silly argument since that refers to ingesting pure nicotine,you can even get caffeine poisoning and drinking pure alcohol can kill you

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

or your choice could end up being dementia and physical deterioration!

Lots of smokers live to be 100. As a matter of fact, most of the people who do live to be 100 are smokers!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Whaaaat? You just said that I would live on average 8 years longer because I don't smoke. Now you're saying that the people who live the longest are smokers? You better work on your consistency.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: amurphy245

Not really considering all i stated in my previous post was that nicotine was one of the most toxic substances know to man.

I was not referring as to how one ingests the stuff, just the toxicity factor involved regarding said substance.
edit on 8-2-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Good Catch!

Anti-smokers say that smokers don't live as long as non-smokers. They claim the difference is 8 years.

Sorry - I just google it. Apparently they have upped the ante to 10 years.

www.drugs.com...

Btw - I don't believe any of it. The definition of a smoker is anyone who has ever smoked more than 100 cigarettes in their entire lives. I think most people try a cigarette once in awhile in their lives and its easy to smoke more than 100 (or to remember it that way). Certainly that was true in the 1960s. Its all a statistical game with numbers.

As for most people who live to be 100 being smokers - its the same thing really. Most people in the general population are classed as smokers based on the definition I just gave. Most people quit smoking at some point. Old people lose their interest in smoking in the same way as they lose their interest in food.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=1

Personaly, I havent seen any of the negative side effects of smoking, Im 34 , have smoked for 16 years.

They say it ages people, When in actuality people think im 25 ish.

They say its bad for my lungs, right now I work a very physical job, outside, dripping sweat, I have crazy endurance and often work with a cig in my mouth.

I think alot of other factors contribute to health, I take my vitamins, eat ok, stay well hydrated, and dont drink.

I think the last two are the most important, chronic dehydration is the worst thing you can do to your body, and the easiest to do. While drinking degrades your liver and the multitude of processes it hosts, namely filtering toxins out of your body.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Do you know how nicotene got its reputation as a feared toxic agent?

bigthink.com...

This is the story! And new research has completely de-bunked the myth.

I never take anti-smokers for anything! I do my research

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: IntastellaBurst

What can I say - I agree! People already know that anti-smokers are lying, in their hearts anyway. We all grew up with smokers and many of us became smokers.

If what they say is true - then we would have noticed it.

When the men came back from the war about 67 % of them were smokers. The economy was re-built on their hard physical labor and the baby boom happened (what does that say about the myth that smokers don't work as hard as non-smokers and smokers are infertile?

The anti-smokers say that smoking is the cause of 90 % of lung cancers but the smoking rate has halfed and the lung cancer rate is increasing in woman and only reduced slightly for men. More than half of all people diagnosed with lung cancer today are, in fact, non-smokers.

We have had 70 years of bullspit out of the mouths of anti-smokers but the real world does not reflect their words.

Tired of control Freaks

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Ile take Wikipedia over your source material any day of the week. LoL

Nicotine is toxic and big tobacco company's do indeed add Benzene related additives and preservatives to there Tobacco products. As to said substance also having positive aspects to its consumption, i'm not disputing that fact, still toxic in sufficient quantities through.

edit on 8-2-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join