It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nicotene - the new wonder drug (why smokers like to smoke)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

As previously observed, everything, even water is toxic!

Tired of control Freaks

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

So is Oxygen in sufficient quantities and numerous other substances for that matter.

Still there is benzene added to tobacco products and nicotine is still highly toxic, as previously stated!

I'm not even going to bother repeating myself again.

No what im tired of? People who refuse to accept the obvious! Choose to believe as you wish, it's a free planet.

edit on 8-2-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

andy06shake

We are not discussing religion here. Belief has nothing to do with it.

Why would big tobacco add benezene (even the list you provided didn't include benezene) or benezene like additives to tobacco?

Are you accusing Big Tobacco of fearing that smoking isn't killing their customers fast enough and they need to add toxic chemicals to commit murder? Are you suggesting that Big Tobacco disposes of industrial waste for other industries by adding it to tobacco?

What is the motive here?

Benezene is a natural constituent of crude oil and is also present in wood smoke. Tobacco is cured using wood smoke. It is possible that some of the benezene or benezene like chemicals are transferred to tobacco but that is not the same thing as "adding benezene" to tobacco?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

So i take it you believe none of the ingredients/products listed below which are all added to numerous Tobacco products and are on the list i provided contain Benzine?

Benzaldehyde
Benzaldehyde Glyceryl Acetal
Benzoic acid, Benzoin
Benzoin Resin
Benzophenone
Benzyl Alcohol
Benzyl Benzoate
Benzyl Butyrate
Benzyl Cinnamate
Benzyl Propionate
Benzyl salicylate

There is no motive, im a smoker myself, but you have to realise the implications regarding the consumption of Tobacco products considering there pretty self evident.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: amurphy245

just as the the op stated,they found that nicotine is /can be a effective and beneficial drug. smoking is one of the fast and a effective way to deliver the drug. if big pharma wants to make and patent it they have to have people quit smoking, so they will sale the drug.

would you pay $ 75.00 for a 30 pills, if you could get the same benefit from a $6.00 pack of smokes? i wouldn't.

edit on 8-2-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Not a smoker here, to each their own though. The benefits of certain doses of nicotine have been proven it seems. My question is, could a person wanting to reap these benefits who has no interest in smoking for whatever reason instead chew nicotine gum? It seems the gum we have here in Canada has a dose of 2 to 4 mg of nicotine per piece. Has anyone here tried this?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

would you post that list again

Tired of control Freaks

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Well, one of the heads of Harvard medical research stated in an article I read that tobacco was a very good medicine for Skitzo and it had less side effects than any medicine that we had at the time. I read the article about five years ago. The guy got in trouble for publishing his research because of societies desire to get rid of smoking. Talk about withholding evidence because of someone's belief. Tobacco is a medicine, not one that should be abused as it was in the past.

Tobacco is also a nootropic that actually can increase our ability to think. This is not good for society though as we will be able to comprehend the consequences of the things they do in DC. Other Nootropics are coffee, Sage, Rosemary, and a few other Italian spices. Soon they will be telling us that these spices are bad for us. B-Carbolines are also in tobacco and small amounts of this also help us be creative.

edit on 8-2-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Its on the first page 19 posts down or 1 up from the bottom. Just click the link.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks

The chemicals that you are talking about - including benezene - is the natural by-product when you burn any organic material.

Benzene is NOT added to tobacco by Big Tobacco.

You get the same 1000s of chemical produced when you burn wood, candles, petroleum products, cotton and any other organic you can thing of.

Anti-smokers have tried to make you believe that tobacco smoke is a poison while inhaling the smoke from a BBQ is fine. There is very very little difference between different types of smoke. Including the smoke from cooking food.

Everyone smokes but only some people smoke tobacco

Tired of Control Freaks

Actually, the benzene in cigarettes may be able to lower ammonia levels in the blood quickly if they are present. Sodium benzoate or benzoic acid found in foods is a better choice though. Ammonia can form if the body lacks the enzyme to bring levels down. Eating too much meat or nitrogen products can raise Ammonia levels in some people.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Ok - I see what this is - its the Chapman Trick

On your link, in the first paragraph, the word "food additives" is highlighted. Click on this link - see how the list of approved food additives has now morphed into acids, starches etc. Recognisable english words.

The Chapman Trick is to take something as everyday and harmless like Fruit juices and chemically analyze it for a list of all the chemicals in fruit juices. Of course the chemical names sound much more frightening than to just say fruit juice.

The tobacco company isn't adding benezene to tobacco - its adding products from the list of approved food additives.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Apparently not - the nicotene must be delivered to the body in the form of smoke so that it can effeciently cross the blood brain barrier and deliver niacin directly to the nicotene receptors of the brain.

Re-read my original post.

What you are proposing is to chew gum, transfer nicotene to saliva. You then swallow the saliva and it is digested by stomach acids.

See the difference in pathways to the brain here?

Nicotene is extremely volatile and decomposes rapidly

Tired of control Freaks

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Apparently not - the nicotene must be delivered to the body in the form of smoke so that it can effeciently cross the blood brain barrier and deliver niacin directly to the nicotene receptors of the brain.

you know this is completely wrong don't you. Niacin is sold as a supplement in pill form.
here is a whole page of them.

Niacin

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

You are absolutely right - I have a bottle of it sitting in the cabinet right now. But using niacin as a supplement to be taken internally is for the treatment of high blood pressure and it lowers triglicerides.\

www.drugs.com...

There is nothing about this tablet where it can be used to treat or prevent nerve diseases like Alzeimer's and Parkinsons. They are currently researching patches to do this but so far the results are very very iffy.

But research has confirmed the effect on smokers in terms of Alzeimer's and Parkinsons none the less.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Those approved food additives when burned produce some very nasty by-products which are highly carcinogenic. And as i said are contained within a variety of Tobacco products.

So by default those very same Tobacco company's are indeed adding benzene to there products. We are arguing semantics now.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks

Re-read my original post.

Do you have a source for this? I don't see this being discussed in the Discover article, only that the benefits of nicotine are being reaped outside of tobacco smoking.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Benezene is not on the list that you provided. But in essence, yes we can agree. Were you aware that they were talking about food addictives from an approved list though and that all those chemicals are in our food supply

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
- My original post says it but only by implication

They’re nicotine-anabasine-nornicotine-anatabine-cotinine-myosmine-acetaldehyde-and-who-knows-what-else fiends. It is tobacco, with its thousands of chemical constituents,

Smokers are reaping the benefits of smoking and suffering neurological disorders at a rate lower than non-smokers right now. If it was as easy as slapping a patch, or having people take a pill or even inhaling nicotene alone - all those products are available right now but the research isn't really going anywhere yet.

That is my proof.

If you google smoking and schizophrenia - you will find much much more

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

those nasty chemicals are a by-product of combustion and are present in all smoke

www.burningissues.org...

That is why I say "everyone smokes" but some people don't smoke tobacco

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Title of the article is "List of additives in cigarettes" hence the relevance, so like i said semantics. The result of burning some of those very same additives is the release of Benzine a known carcinogen.

Now i ask you, how safe can the Tobacco smoke produced by their products be given the distinct fact it contains Benzine?

Buddy you must realize that smoking is bad for your health ether that or you must just have started.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join