It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people 'hate' the U.S. and Isreal.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: FyreByrd
The USA is the most violent country in the history of the planet with arguably Isreal coming in second place. I don't think there is any disputing this.

The US military is the largest polluter on the planet and is using limited resources needed by people in the name of endless war.

lonesomerimbaud and burdman30ott6 , and others, have given statistics and information that have proven both those statements wrong. Can you give any solid information to prove your statement is true, or are you going to concede that it was just anti-American rhetoric.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The answer to the question posed by the OP is right here in this thread, for anyone with a thinking brain to see.

Most the the clamorous hate towards the USA and Israel is born out of sheer ignorance and cultivated by misinformation.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: openminded2011
a reply to: FyreByrd

To be sure, We have made some mistakes in our history, but we are certainly not alone. Spain decimated the native Americans in their early conquests by the millions through enslavement and disease. The British empire was responsible for the death of between 12 and 29 million people in India alone, by forced exports of wheat to England during a drought. The British were also responsible for the Tasmanian genocide, and killed over a thousand in a rebellian in Kenya in the 1950s. Stalin is reported to have killed more people than Hitler, and we will probable never know the exact number. The red Chinese also killed millions during the cultural revolution. So we are far from alone in having blood on our hands. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Governments in general are the biggest murderers on the planet. The average people are not.

And it doesn't disprove or excuse the statement that the US is the most violent country on the planet. Consider direct and indirect violence/immediate and long term deaths attributable to US 'intervention' and you can only imagine how high the number of people affected.

Using the atrocities of one nation never excuses the atrocities of another. (I rather think that the Europeans 'outsourced' a lot of their 'colonial' violence to the US and Israel - heh I spelled it right.

I was not using the atrocities to excuse the US. I am simply stating that for you to single out the US and ignore them is somewhat suspect if what you truly want is world peace. Its clear to me that you have some sort of chip on your shoulder towards the US since you don't even make mention of any of the other atrocities I mention. I guess its somehow ok to overlook when the Brits or Russians or Chinese wipe out millions of people but when the US does it, THATS downright evil, right? I submit to you that you cannot point a finger at the US and ignore the others, lest you just look like another US hater.
edit on 8-2-2015 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

The British empire was responsible for the death of between 12 and 29 million people in India alone

Pardon me for asking, but when was this exactly ?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

The great famine of 1876-8. There is a wealth of information on the internet about it.

Here is an article in the Guardian that mentions it.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

The great famine of 1876-8. There is a wealth of information on the internet about it.

That's complete bollocks and fabrication.

The ENTIRE population of India in 1875 was just under 31 million.

www.populstat.info...

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Of course it is.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Of course it is.

Glad you have admitted it.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I was being sarcastic. Was the Tasmanian genocide bollocks too? I am not attacking the British. I am simply stating that if you look hard enough, all world powers have some blood on their hands.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I think people just find them hypocritical more than anything, preaching freedom for the new world when all their domestic and foreign policies show they are far from in the business of democracy or freedom.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I was being sarcastic. Was the Tasmanian genocide bollocks too?

Your not being sarcastic, your being taken for a fool.

If you believe that tripe, then your on some sort of anti- British agenda.

Who do i believe? You or the population statistics i produced. Well it's certainly not you.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

It does not really mean much. You can find the statistics you want on the net to fit whatever position you want. That is partially my point. Maybe the numbers ARE off. Likewise maybe the role of the US as the most violent country in the world is also skewed. You can make any point you want these days and find a wealth of "facts" to back it up. I am sure if I take the time I can go and find something to refute what you found. And you can then go out and refute that.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Sounds like the U.S. needs to stop ALL foreign aid-since everyone hates us so much.

We need to let Russia know that if they want to attack europe to just go ahead-that we won't lift a finger.

(think how easy it would be for the Russians to take over europe-especially since their pompous royal families won't let the citizens defend themselves-the russians would OWN europe within 2 months)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

If you believe the British Empire had an accurate census of India's population in 1876, you are the fool.

Not that the actual numbers matter. Millions died as a result of British Colonial policies. Are you going to deny that?

The point made by my fellow open-minded ATS'er is that not a single nation on Earth has clean hands. Yet much of the world's population is convinced that the US deserves all the criticism.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: FalcoFan

I agree with drastic cutbacks to foregin aid, but look what happened when we let Europe handle Hitler on their own.

If Japan hadn't dragged the US into WWII when they did, Nazi Germany might have built up enough power to be unstoppable.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

If you believe the British Empire had an accurate census of India's population in 1876, you are the fool.

So who came up with the figure of 29 million then ?

When someone makes a comment that Britain killed 29 million in India, then i take issue with that.

Yes, no country has " clean hands", but ludicrous statements i take issue with. Any right minded person would do so.

The mortality in the famine was in the range of 5.5 million people

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 8-2-2015 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Nazi Germany might have built up enough power to be unstoppable.

All if, buts and maybe's.

It's always wise to stick to the facts of what actually occurred.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Fair enough question

This is the original article I found giving the 29 million figure.

www.monbiot.com...

Here is an exerpt from the article.

In his book Late Victorian Holocausts, published in 2001, Mike Davis tells the story of the famines which killed between 12 and 29 million Indians(1). These people were, he demonstrates, murdered by British state policy.

I am not going to talk about this further, because I dont want to detract from the OPs post. I simply state again, that to call the US the most violent country in the world ignores history. We have no monopoly on brutality.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Fair enough question

This is the original article I found giving the 29 million figure.

www.monbiot.com...

Here is an exerpt from the article.

In his book Late Victorian Holocausts, published in 2001, Mike Davis tells the story of the famines which killed between 12 and 29 million Indians(1). These people were, he demonstrates, murdered by British state policy.

I am not going to talk about this further, because I dont want to detract from the OPs post. I simply state again, that to call the US the most violent country in the world ignores history. We have no monopoly on brutality.

Mike Davis.

Davis distorts or makes up facts to overdramatize his case

en.wikipedia.org...

Case proven as far as i am concerned.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I agree with you 100%.

I meant that the countries that hate us (The U.S.) are usually completely dependent on OUR existence for their safety.

The ones I usually see complaining about the U.S. are usually from somewhere in Europe.

If the U.S. disappeared-all of the European countries (among many other nations around the world) would fall prey to the Russians,Chinese,etc.

The U.S. should break ALL alliance with outside entities for 10 years-and see what happens.

Just my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join