It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008 Pentagon study claims Putin has Asperger's Syndrome

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
People with Asbergers are better than everyone else.

I have Asbergers, & can confirm this.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Is your real name Putin???

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
If it's true... What's wrong with having Asperger's????

If true, I don't see how it could have a major negative effect on his abilities to govern Russia.

There are worse things that a world leader could be diagnosed with. Like Narcissistic Personality Disorder ... Megalomania . It wouldn't surprise me if many of the world leaders, and our own DC politicians, have it.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
No, but we always hang out at the conventions.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj
My issue is they did a study on a guy, not in the US, using US Taxpayer dollars, that probably wasn't cheap, most likely wasn't the only one done, and we're the idiots paying for it all wondering why the country is going broke.

Totally agree with you!

a reply to: FlyersFan

Agreed. The Pentagon is probably going to use this as one reason to start a war with Putin and bend him under our rule, as we are doing (or trying to do) elsewhere.

edit on 2/5/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I know about those photo ops, but they all happened after other world leaders did something and had their questionably adorable widdle mugs plastered all over You Tube. With Harper it consisted of singing Beatles songs on stage and then posing with pandas. Putin has a black belt, but they didn't go there. Instead they rigged up something else to drive home an image of being fearless and fierce. But that's all about crafting a public persona of a confident strong person. In private, to me he walks and holds himself like a person who at the core is private, wary and somewhat naturally shy.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The message strikes me as one of those smaller events leading up to war. Make the opponent appear as having a mental illness. A country shouldn't be run by autists, there's a scientific fact now to view Putin as being wrong.

The western public doesn't care and will believe anything the psychiatrists of the allmighty intellectual West say, because it's science.

Or should I view this as something which should change my views on autism, because apparently it's not that bad since one can become a president of a nuclear capable country.
edit on 5-2-2015 by johnnyjoe1979 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnnyjoe1979
The message strikes me as one of those smaller events leading up to war. Make the opponent appear as having a mental illness. A country shouldn't be run by autists, there's a scientific fact now to view Putin as being wrong.

The western public doesn't care and will believe anything the psychiatrists of the allmighty intellectual West say, because it's science.

Or should I view this as something which should change my views on autism, because apparently it's not that bad since one can become a president of a nuclear capable country.

Sadly you are correct! I am the mother of an autistic child and my daughter has been locked in a psych ward 5 times! for behavior related to autism. And no, I only wish I was joking. The last time she was 16 with the brain of 8-12 year old, in a locked down ward with women AND men coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan and got to hear ALL the lovely stories about their limbs being blown off and how thy got to blow people up. It was awesome! Just what every 8-12 yr old mind needs to listen to! Bloody war stories! Yeah! [sarc] She was there 3 different times.

'Murca!

If this is how we view people with autism in our OWN country, imagine how they view Putin on a "study".
edit on 2/5/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

I want to thank you

I laughed so hard, I had so much fun reading this

US media is truly pathetic and desperate at this point but funny, oh so funny

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: PizzaAnyday505

pathetic and desperate

First thing I thought off when I saw the title.

Even if it's true...I fail to see the point of publicizing this.

Cheap propaganda for the dumb masses. This is obviously "affecting all his decisions". Because you know...if he didn't have Aspergers...he would be "normal" and simply roll over and die when commanded to

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Propoganda? possibly..

To me it is coming across as a challenge to Putin's "holier than thou attitude" when it comes to religion, homosexuals, transgendered people and driving, etc...

Its pointing out that Putin himself is not perfect and that some of his view points could be considered hypocritical if he has a medical condition that he himself would consider as undesirable.

If Putin is going to judge segments of his population while keeping his own issues hidden it calls into question his integrity. It would force the Russian people to consider Putins actions towards other groups and ask does Putin fall into the same boat he just put those people in and if so why does he feel he is above them.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The only relevant disorder Putin has is his irrational paranoia, fear and deep hatred for the west.

It's driving him mad, literally.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Freudian slip?

Forget about the log in my eye, look at the sliver in his and then hate him for it with me...

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
People with Asbergers are better than everyone else.

I have Asbergers, & can confirm this.

Can I amend it and say people with Autism AND Asperger's are better than everybody else?

My daughter has autism.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I want to thank you

I laughed so hard, I had so much fun reading this

US media is truly pathetic and desperate at this point but funny, oh so funny

You're welcome. When I first read it, I didn't know whether to laugh over the idiocy, cry over the money wasted, or just be dumbfounded by the whole thing altogether. I decided to go with all 3. LOL

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Okay I'm sure many of you on here know I'm decidedly a pro-western poster. Down with Putin, rah rah rah and all that.

But this... This is just blatant propaganda. Not only is it a Dog Whistle that means to say "Putin is Retarded", but is intentionally misleading in that Aspergers is a very mild form of Autism that mainly causes people who suffer from it to easily become obsessed with something, and have difficulty in social situations. Many people live with Asperger's and live a completely normal life. They have a job, a family, friends, all of it.

I'm not normally one to say "Propaganda" when it comes to Western Media, but this is a textbook example of it.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
At the bottom of this post is a link which expresses skepticism of the following links, as many question the research of Baron-Cohen...

www.psychologytoday.com - Autism: What's Sex Got to Do With It?...

Low-empathizing, high-systemizing: That, in a nutshell, is Baron-Cohen's theory of what characterizes autism. Those traits span the autism spectrum, from people who are mute and unable to function to people who find a niche in society. Moreover, Baron-Cohen's theory embeds this autism spectrum firmly in a much larger two-dimensional continuum—one that includes all of us. The essential difference between men and women, according to Baron-Cohen, is that women are better at empathizing and men at systemizing—on average, he stresses. There are plenty of male brains in female bodies, and vice versa. There are even female autistics, but there are many more male ones: In Baron-Cohen's theory, autism is a case of the "extreme male brain."

www.thetimes.co.uk - Testosterone finding backs the ‘extreme male brain’ autism theory...

The theory that autism is caused by an extreme version of the “male brain” has won strong support from new research showing that male hormones in the womb are linked to social and emotional skills in childhood.

Scientists at the University of Cambridge found that both boys and girls who are exposed to high levels of testosterone before they are born are more likely than usual to develop traits typical of autism, such as a preference for solitary activities and strong numerical and pattern-recognition skills.

sfari.org/news-and-opinion - High fetal testosterone triggers autism, British group says...

In the past few years, studies have linked various chromosomal regions, candidate genes and copy number variations to a higher risk of autism. But none of those findings explain why the condition is four times more common in boys than in girls.
Last June, the researchers reported that the more testosterone a pregnant woman's amniotic fluid contains, the higher her child will score on tests of autistic traits5. The following month, they reported that 5-year-old girls with autism prefer ‘boy-likeʼ play, such as wrestling or playing with toy trucks6.

"We've consistently found that the higher your level [of fetal testosterone], the worse your social skills and the slower your language development ― and that's true at each of the developmental time points," says psychologist Baron-Cohen, director of the Autism Research Centre at Cambridge.

Because Baron-Cohen has found no direct biological or genetic evidence of this proposed mechanism, and no other groups have tried to replicate his work, however, the fetal androgen theory has few supporters.

www.sciencedaily.com - Children with autism have elevated levels of steroid hormones in the womb...

Professor Baron-Cohen said: "This is one of the earliest non-genetic biomarkers that has been identified in children who go on to develop autism. We previously knew that elevated prenatal testosterone is associated with slower social and language development, better attention to detail, and more autistic traits. Now, for the first time, we have also shown that these steroid hormones are elevated in children clinically diagnosed with autism. Because some of these hormones are produced in much higher quantities in males than in females, this may help us explain why autism is more common in males."

He added: "These new results are particularly striking because they are found across all the subgroups on the autism spectrum, for the first time uniting those with Asperger Syndrome, classic autism, or Pervasive Developmental Disorder Not-Otherwise-Specified. We now want to test if the same finding is found in females with autism."
Steroid hormones are particularly important because they exert influence on the process of how instructions in the genetic code are translated into building proteins. The researchers believe that altering this process during periods when the building blocks for the brain are being laid down may be particularly important in explaining how genetic risk factors for autism get expressed.

Dr Lombardo adds: "Our discovery here meshes nicely with other recent findings that highlight the prenatal period around 15 weeks gestation as a key period when important genetic risk mechanisms for autism are working together to be expressed in the developing brain."

This link isn't related to Baron-Cohen, but to autism in general:
abcnews.go.com - Oxytocin Shows Promise in Autism...

Following oxytocin inhalation, adults with Asperger's syndrome or high-functioning autism were more inclined to play with the most socially responsive partner in a video ball game, reported Angela Sirigu of the CNRS lab in Bron, France, and colleagues.

This however demonstrates caution regarding the Baron-Cohen research:
www.newrepublic.com - A Bogus New Autism Study Claims Excessive Manliness Is to Blame...

Earlier this year, Danish researchers found no correlation between finger-lengths (often believed to be a proxy for prenatal testosterone load) and autism. In 2012, the journal Nature reported that testosterone given to female volunteers actually improved social cooperation—that is, more testosterone made them more empathetic. And no researchers have been able to show that injecting extra testosterone in animal fetuses increases autistic behaviors.

What to make of all of this conflicting data? In the end, defining autism as out-of-control maleness is overly simplistic. The theory appeals to outdated stereotypes of male and female behavior, and gets reinforced only by selective reading of the scientific literature.

edit on 6-2-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Whoa whoa whoa

Is it possible you are not a shill

I can respect a real person who is opposite of me. I just can't stand shills.

Star for you being objective...this time

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: PizzaAnyday505
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Whoa whoa whoa

Is it possible you are not a shill

I can respect a real person who is opposite of me. I just can't stand shills.

Star for you being objective...this time
Maybe I really AM a shill, but I only posted that to deflect suspicion away from my shillyness? (Is that a word?)

I'll stand back, don't wanna get brain matter on me when your mind BLOWS.

ETA: In all seriousness, thank you for you kind (sort of? lol) words.
edit on 6-2-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
First thing I thought off when I saw the title.

Even if it's true...I fail to see the point of publicizing this.

Cheap propaganda for the dumb masses. This is obviously "affecting all his decisions". Because you know...if he didn't have Aspergers...he would be "normal" and simply roll over and die when commanded to

Lol

Exactly

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join