It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS: Why is ATS now hell bent on shoving this turd down mine and everyone else's throat?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TheNewRevolution

But do you not understand that each video that comes out, spawns discussions not just here on ATS on the videos individual thread, but also on youtube, and on twitter, and on the NLBS dedicated website? That is where the discussion takes place, in the comments section. You get a fifteen minute overview, and the viewer gets to comment on how the piece strikes them, offer their two pence on the issue being discussed, and share banter and debate with other people about the topic involved.

Where is the lack of discussion then? Show me how an NLBS video, is any different to you or I posting a thread, save for the video format? Joe throws the debate open at the end of every video, by pointing out all the places you can discuss the topic on the web, and encouraging people to give him feedback directly through those channels. You can even hit his inbox right here on ATS by opening up one of the NLBS threads on the first page, going to a post by theNLBS, and sending your critique straight through to him and the crew there.

It is not a closed system. The videos are not meant to stand alone, but be a mere facet of the wider discussion, and I am confused as to how you could think otherwise.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I most certainly could not do a better job than Joe does. My editing skills are awful. I have to do all video I create in one take, because I do not understand how to edit video worth a damn, let alone add theme music, graphics, or clickable links.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I just think the OP is pretty prizzed off that each time you incorrectly hit your mouse key in the wrong place it automatically wooshes you onto a NLBS thread.

I personally don`t think there`s any conspiracy theory involved though, like I say, I just close them and carry on reading.

Annoying maybe, but I wouldn`t have opened a thread on it!

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

You hit the nail on the head there!

In fact, Joe also recommends that users who have something to say make their own videos, and send them in. We must all be the change we want to see, I think that is the overarching theme here on ATS, and never has it been such an important thing to remember, than in times such as these, and indeed would be very helpful to some members in this thread particularly!

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Well, i tried raising these issues in my thread here, but one of the owners would have none of it. Instead, my constructive criticism fell on deaf ears and my words were twisted. I was accused of suggesting that ATS should pander to a specific audience with NLBS, even though i was really saying that members may become discontent with ATS and NLBS as a result of what amounts to official conclusions being drawn by the staff and affiliates of a website which has members who hold a variety of opinions on the topics covered. Simply put, it is not a sound strategy to own and operate a forum with a variety of opinions, while on the other hand, publish a video series which determines what perspectives are correct or incorrect. It is potentially polarising and divisive.

But hey, whatever. I'm not the one who is potentially alienating parts of my audience.
edit on 4-2-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I don't have any problem with the format, the show or the advertising other than for me...... It's barely watchable. The dry, mechanical delivery by the host who is reading from painfully obvious pre-scripted material is meh.

That said, ATS is owned by the Above Network and it's their sandbox, if they want to push the show, more power to them, as of yet, they haven't forced me to watch it.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

Well, i tried raising these issues in my thread here, ....

It's a good thread. Bottom line is that it's their show and they do as they like. I think a lot of good thoughts about it have been mentioned by people in both threads, but I imagine these threads get repetitive and difficult to handle over and over.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheNewRevolution
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Except it is making them out to look like a bunch of shills with an agenda.

They were called to DC and were told to get on script.

They don't want to end up like Michael Hastings so they are doing
what was asked of them.

If you consider the concept of "original intent" , basically why this site
came to be in the first place, the new messaging is more inline with
the disinfo schemes out of .gov locales.

I don't blame them for going along at this point, don't want to end up
like Pat Tillman, Terrence Yeakey, Micheal Hastings, JFK, RFK, MLK,
Gandhi, or John Lennon, etc etc .....

So to the ATS staff and owners, I get it, not gonna call names or anything
like that because myself as with 99% of most Americants won't lift a finger
to fix a government that has obviously gone off the rails so to speak.

We just sign on here and whine, and that is about the limit of it.

People just need to realize Operation Mockingbird came to visit all
media that had a decent size audience, and now we know its still
in effect.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

it seems to me that instead of promoting the discussion of conspiracy theories, this show is instead trying to embrace that idea that pretty much every conspiracy theory in existence in complete and utter garbage

Well to state the obvious.

99% of conspiracy theories are complete,and utter garbage.

If people are so insecure in their beliefs ?

That isn't on ATS or NLBS.

Neither one say anyone has to agree with opinions on here.

That's a mishmash of providence, and provenance versus proof. NIST tried that and failed miserably, and put the 10 million in their pocket as they saluted the flag. That takes care then of the 1%

edit on 4-2-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

link   
a reply to: Ex_MislTech

"We should keep tabs on these conspiracy dissidents."

I don't see internet, I see a gigantic eye

link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: deadeyedick
I think they would have more effect if they would present both sides of the debate and try to remain unbiased.

We'd never do that if one side was wrong.

And who decides who is wrong ??

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

That's already been explained.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheNewRevolution
I just feels it goes against having an objective view of these topics.

Objectivity, at least in the final presentation, is not the goal. Sorry. That's part of the problem with mainstream news, and how lunatic anti-vaxxers (for example) get a platform -- in the scramble for objectivity, misinformation is given a voice.

And that's the problem. NLBS presents itself in a biased way, and slanders people who oppose what it is saying. Objectivity is hugely important, and by withholding that aspect, NLBS is no better than other outlets with their own agendas.

Some people aren't going to respond well when NLBS and ATS are slandering potential audience members while drawing hard conclusions on topics covered here.

We know this show won't be for everyone. The intent is for a delivery style, format, and subject matter that creates an audience outside ATS.

And yet The Above Network continues to push it on ATS, which seems to be resulting in mixed receptions. The format of the show and the attitudes presented are potentially divisive, and we see that in these threads and posts. If NLBS is intended for an audience outside of ATS, why continue to publish it here and risk alienating your audience?

originally posted by: noeltrotsky
It feels like the show is meant to make conspiracies look like a fantasy land of idiots.

Wow. Perhaps six out of 35 shows ran contrary to conspiracy themes, and that's the takeaway.

Sad.

That means there is something wrong with the way NLBS and ATS are handling things. It means the marketing isn't hitting the right spot. If members of ATS are expressing these opinions, surely there is something wrong that needs rectifying.

It would be wise to hear the opinions of the members and alter things accordingly; or separate the audiences so you aren't pushing NLBS on ATS and potentially alienating a target public of the site.

No offence intended. Just trying to help.

edit on 4-2-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Ex_MislTech

Hilarious.

Really? Our IAB-sponsored trip to DC has been explained.

link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

The objectivity is shown here in the fact that people have read my opening post and the posts to follow and then they have proceeded to chime in and share their own opinions, agreeing or disagreeing with what I say.

Throughout years ATS has lead people believe that open minded discussion is promoted here. If you are using a one sided discussion while calling the disrespecting opponents of that discussion in the process - sure you might be drawing in the people that subscribe to whatever side of the coin you adhere to. But then you are also alienating those who find disagreement with the conclusive elements of the show.

The discussion in the videos in a topic comes secondary to the video and its content which will simply be watched on Youtube by most and passed on. For those that do want to discuss the topics, you have to know about ATS and where to find the topics to discuss. There is no link to the topics on Youtube and there is no easily accessible access to the video topics from the video pages themselves. In fact there is no encouragement of discussion whatsoever.

People do not learn they are wrong simply by being told the subjective truth from somebody else. Anyone who has been labeled a conspiracy theorist by people in their life should have a firm understanding of how that works. That is exactly what the show is doing and it is only going to further alienate people.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I think you and others who feel that this is the case are simply looking for a catch all explanation when there really isn't one. There are a number of issues in which a number of members have backed up and provided more in this topic.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Another week and another thread complaining to a free site about their site.

I don't even notice the banners anymore and have only accidently clicked on them a handful of times. It is too stupid to even label as a first world problem, as I am sure Joe and ATS staff already know haters are going to hate.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

Well said I think the OP believes a certain thing and a video has gone one way destroying his view and he is annoyed ATS has not backed up his personal view.

Nah, he is just stating the obvious that we thought all along, that the opinions of those who run this site completely and entirely are as mainstream as it gets, and that well, is not only a sad thing , but is also ridiculously BORING.

Intelligent people who are programmed to the hilt and tell you who the lunatics are when we can easily find evidence to debunk THEM, is also amazing.

It was nice late last year when SO admitted that pressures from the outside do happen to them, it cast some much needed closure on why they can behave as they do on some topics.

Watching people claim that Anti-Vaxxers are the worst scum and that EMF and cleansing is a farce is pretty much the dumbest garbage I have EVER heard, and it is posted on the side and these people affected by it are regarded as "retards".

In light of all we have learned, they have learned nothing really, compartmentalize and continue attacking, with or without knowing it......worse than damned religion.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Yeah I'd love to make my own videos countering some of the things in the NLBS videos. But am I going to be promoted on the front page of ATS as the herald of truth and the namesake of the franchise?

Doubtful. Nor would I want to be because I would be countering a subjective video with another subjective opinion.

I think my answer has been pretty much received by the admittance that these videos are not meant to be objective in anyway. This subjective material is being promoted as a front of the ATS community, a community that does not all agree with the opinions expressed in said but have to be blanketed under them anyway.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Honestly, it's fun to see the sycophants suck up. That or telling anyone who disagrees by even 1% that they're being petty, childish, venting personal frustration, jealous, ungrateful, etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join