It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Developing: Suspicious tube device duct taped to bridge shuts down traffic in downtown Atlanta

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
m.wsbtv.com...

The I-75/85 Connector through Downtown Atlanta is shutdown in both directions. Device suspected on the 14th St. Bridge. Massive traffic back-ups. Robot going in to investigate further.

Rush hour in ATL pretty much starts by 3:00 pm in the downtown area. This will have huge impact even if it turns out to be a prank.
edit on 2/2/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
m.wsbtv.com...

The I-75/85 Connector in Downtown Atlanta is shutdown all directions. Massive traffic back-ups. Robot going in to investigate further.

Oooo...that is near my office. Tons of traffic hits that bridge and the interstate there everyday. If that thing came down it would wreak some serious havoc....hopefully nothing.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The news chopper video isn't very clear. I see the bomb robot, but I can't really discern the 'pipe- like device' that is alternately 'taped to the pole' or taped to the bridge' depending on what the newscaster feels like saying... I guess.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I'm on my phone and having trouble getting the upload to work.

But dang! There is a pic on the AJC site that looks like a scene out of Walking Dead.

m.ajc.com...

Social media is starting to bubble up. It's going to be a nightmare no matter the outcome.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I just got a Twitter notification about this. It's going to be a HUGE traffic issue/nightmare if it isn't already knowing the area and people havign to navigate *around* the closures.

Glad I didn't have to go DT today.
edit on 2-2-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I really hope this turns out to be nothing.

Though, if it is fake, this has to be one of the most genius (and expensive) pranks in modern history.
edit on 2-2-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Imagine what a country/ or group of people who want to create some real nightmarish problems. It really wouldnt take much to really slow things down a lot. Just look at what a tube duct taped to a bridge has created. I think its good to be cautious, but this may come back to bite this society in the butt.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Bomb squad is prepping to go in all suited up. Supposedly "Slow Motion Video do not move until spring" is written on the device.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Unbelievable how empty that stretch of highway is.....never seen it like that.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

they sure are making a production out of it.

anything to keep the masses afraid and in-line.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Stick a fork in this commute...crash now on 285

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Duct-taped to an I-beam on the underneath side of the bridge.

edit on 2/2/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

So, someone's art project, recording the month of February's traffic in slow-mo, to create a time-lapse video, maybe?

Somewhere a hipster "video artist" is being visited by the FBI.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I would like to know how big the device is. The bridge columns are pretty thick. It would take a pretty large explosive device to even damage the column. If it is a shaped charge, it would do more damage, but typically NOT be in a cylindrical package.

This is a linear shaped charge.

edit on bu282015-02-02T14:55:48-06:0002America/ChicagoMon, 02 Feb 2015 14:55:48 -06002u15 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Downtown in gridlock. Reports of people driving the wrong way down streets. Broadcasters begging people to stay put to not clog the streets more.About to detonate the device now.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Detonated the device without incident.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
My husband was in Atlanta last week for a trade show. I'm sorry this is happening, but I'm glad it didn't happen last week! Last year, he was at the same trade show when all that horrible weather shut everything down. Yikes.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Somewhere, a college hipster just cried out in anguish over losing his class project.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Somewhere, a college hipster just cried out in anguish over losing his class project.

Yeah...probably crying he just lost his GoPro, but at the same time really happy that they detonated it so they can't get his prints and find him to fine him the $2Million that just cost the city.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Yeah...probably crying he just lost his GoPro, but at the same time really happy that they detonated it so they can't get his prints and find him to fine him the $2Million that just cost the city.

They might just find a print. Or the serial number on the camera and trace it to him or someone that ourchased it for him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join