It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So cops are evil? Sure doesn't look like it from where I'm standing!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I was just put through a gauntlet of police interaction that should of eaten me up if the police are so evil like most would have you believe.

I'd like to ask that the mods review this post just to make sure I don't cross any t and c lines but some of this information is very pertinent to the point of the story. I will tread very lightly for my own anonymity and to respect the sites t and c so if I mistepp please allow me to edit it rather then just 404ing if possible. Thanks.

Ok so now that that's out of the way, I just had 3 officers called to my house in a situation where the man normally gets taken to the cleaners. Il spare every one details but these cops were so polite and cool and very smart. 1 spent a good bit of time touring around my living room going cat to cat making funny noises and petting them... God cops are evil..

So anyway, while the lead guy is gathering info from another party involved one of the other officers had a few questions for me COMEPLETELY unrelated to what was going on. Let's just say... I live in a groovy state, in my state the people have spoken and gotten rid of some laws that are still federally illegal in other states. So this officer asks me if I'm properly licensed to take advantage of our states awesome laws... I said "o Ya we both are"... His response.. "Ok cool" and said "you might wanna be careful, I got a big whiff when I walked up to the house and with your neighbors that could be trouble" !!!!!!! Let that sink in a little bit.... I almost pooped a brick of gold on the spot.

So not 10 seconds after this guy becomes my favorite person within 10 feet of me, another officer points to my nice little stash of ammo sitting on my desk and asks "so you got some guns?" I said "yup all locked up and safe!" His answer was "ok good, no offense or anything i just don't know you" (which felt to me like some sort of fishing question maybe? Maybe it was just late?) but regardless what he was looking for with his comment his attention was then drawn to his leg where my cat came back to hair up his new friends pants and he started petting it smiling.....shortly after the lead guy returned and settled the situation.

So why am I telling everyone this... My heart is still racing, I vomited 10 minutes after they left, and my head is spinning. I'm literally expecting the helicopter to land on the roof at any minutes but I for some reason know deep down inside they were just some good cops that understood the situation for what it was and left us to handle it like adults like it should of been from the beginning. I thanked them for their time and they were on their way, no one in cuffs, kids smiling in the arms of their parents yelling bye to the police as they said bye back with some big ole smiles on their faces.

I never showed fear, I never lied, i stayed respectful and treated the officers like peers and they returned the respect 100%. this situation had so many opportunities to turn ugly and some GREAT police officers handled it perfectly.

Thank you to all the men and women in uniform out there that do what you guys do with Jedi like skill and honor. It's awesome police like these that have a chanc to really try to turn the tables on this big wave of anger and aggression we have blanketing our country. Again I just wanna say thanks, truly was refreshing and reinvigoration to have such a positive interaction with my local police, it really reminded me that these men and women are just that... Men and women! Relate and relax!

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

I don't think the contention is that all cops are.

When people make such claims they are expressing worry and concern about the ever increasing numbers of them or a bad or being encouraged to be or go bad by the laws they are required or permitted to enforce and behavior they are allowed to engage in and fell emboldened to continue engaging in it

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
It was very refreshing to read your story. Cops like these should be shown to other cops in other areas as an example of how to do their job correctly. These truly are 'peace' officers and it is very nice to see that not all cops are power hungry corrupted morons.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   

The last time a cop said "I got a big whiff when I entered your house" in a friendly manner to my room-mates and I, my room-mate admitted to it and then the house was searched and I got misdemeanor charges. They were there for an entirely different, peaceful reason at first.

It is fishing, not usually friendly conversation in my experience. But it looks like things went okay since they left you alone. Maybe it is because of the laws in your state, or maybe you just got really lucky (I didn't when the same thing happened to me).

In that case, that's one more reason why more states should be progressive!
edit on 01amSun, 01 Feb 2015 04:29:23 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 01amSun, 01 Feb 2015 04:30:20 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   

So basically, you lost control of your domicile, and had to call cops to serve as moral arbiters.

Or was it just an 'anonymous' tip?

And now, because they didn't kill you, or because you are not in jail, you spend your time kissing their ass?

"He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother."

-George Orwell

Why were these killers invited into your house, again?
Man, you survived a brush with death.

Zionist technofascist police state. I'd say they are right on course.

# 357

edit on 1-2-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

O I have no doubt my state laws played a big part in how it all went. ive heard some pretty rough horror stories from around the country regarding this topic, even one from my own state that's pretty ridiculous involving CPS and cops, I know they are definitely not all awesome and geographical locale plays a big role in the level of awesomeness a police officer has usually so keep that in mind.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

Almost right, they were called in an attempt to be morale arbitrators with a lean towards the agenda of the other party involved.

Railroaded is a word that could of easily been used.

I did not call them but I gratefully invited them in and tried my hardest to be cool with 3 guys that had to come deal with nonsense in my house at 2am instead of making sure another Saturday night goes smoothly.

They suggested that other actions would probably be more ideal but said "in this scenario it's completely up you guys to push it" - this was one of the most refreshing parts, the police officers left the escalation in our control, that's respect IMO.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Locals and situations aside....I agree, I have always treated LEOs with the respect of a peer, talked to them like people deserve to be talked to, and I have never had 1 problem personally.

Having said that.... I also know several good folks that would say different..... So I really have reservations, but not one single personal experience that was bad because they were just bad.

I have seen police brutality once, the officers were fired though....so take it as you will.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Theres a lot of good cops out there and of course some bad ones. If there ever came a time where the public was made to live without ANY police force at all, nearly every citizen who isnt a hardened criminal would be begging to have the police back. Some folks hate the idea of having any police at all, but the truth is that society would be a crime ridden mess without them. Every minute of every single day and everywhere you are would be a disaster without them. A complete epic disaster.

I'd rather live in a society having the few bad apples over having no police at all.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
There are many stories and instances of cops being like this, decent and friendly and courteous.
There are also many where they're being violent, bullies and power mad maniacs.
I can't imagine anybody has said all cops are bad and if they have, well, that's just hyperbole.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Good story and even better that you've posted it up on ATS.

Some years ago, friends and I were repeatedly pulled over by Police - dozens of times and mainly for the exact same reason you don't specify (lol). Out of all those times, I got as much respect as I gave and only got arrested once. Others went straight into Hulk-mode and found themselves being arrested time and again. I was illegally searched one time and thought it was a fair compromise that spared the hassle of going back to the station. Even the arrest was an evening of comedy as my mates and the three *fuzz* were on good form and we had a laugh all the way to the cells.

It's great that times are a-changing at last! A lot of officers would much sooner be enforcing reasonable laws than hassling harmless people. I don't doubt that some officers are 28 carat assholes, but most are just people doing their jobs as best they can and getting little credit. Public servants like teachers, nurses, doctors. armed forces and LEOs are like the oil of the machine and don't get enough appreciation imao.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DenyTreason
Theres a lot of good cops out there and of course some bad ones. If there ever came a time where the public was made to live without ANY police force at all, nearly every citizen who isnt a hardened criminal would be begging to have the police back. Some folks hate the idea of having any police at all, but the truth is that society would be a crime ridden mess without them. Every minute of every single day and everywhere you are would be a disaster without them. A complete epic disaster.

I'd rather live in a society having the few bad apples over having no police at all.

I disagree, the second amendment does effect evolution.

Instead of millions of violent offenders in jail, they would just be in the ground.....costing tax payers nothing per prisoner per day.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DenyTreason

I agree with you there

Society was not a good place before police were invented and we'd be living like DR Congo or Somalia without them. Or something like the borderlands of Mexico...chaos, corruption and murders every day.

Saying that, I disagree with your willingness to compromise and accept the 'bad apples.'

There should be a way of having the best of both worlds - good cops and respect between them and Jo Public.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

No one that has any idea what they are taking about has said it but I've seen on major news and forums alike many stories generally demonizng police. It's a tough job and some excel at it while others do not.

I just read Erick prince's book about the history of blackwater from his point of view and one of his ideas that hasn't managed to come to fruition yet due to everuthing that's happened to him and the company over the last decade was to start a nationwide talent pool for police that not only tested rigourisly but also TRAINED TRAINED TRAINED. a national pool to draw from and raise the game of all the officers participating would be a great step in the right direction IMO.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: stargatetravels
There are many stories and instances of cops being like this, decent and friendly and courteous.
There are also many where they're being violent, bullies and power mad maniacs.
I can't imagine anybody has said all cops are bad and if they have, well, that's just hyperbole.

I would challenge you to read any of a number of posts about use of force incidents. I don't remember the last one of those that there wasn't an "all cops" comment made. Going so far as to say that all cops are either corrupt by deed of corrupt because they haven't taken down all the other cops yet.

To the OP, glad things turned out okay for you. Don't let the comments of some change your feelings on it. Sounds like you have a pretty solid department in your area. And at least one cat lover

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Sorry but good cops mean nothing if there are others that still kill your 17 year old mentally ill kid or your dog or beat you to a pulp for no reason but enjoyment or arrest you for something you haven't done to rob you of your money.
So what if there are good cops?
That should be the norm. That is their job - to be good. No need to talk about those that do what they are supposed to do.

Even having to point out that there are 'good' cops is a really bad sign of the times. Because, they all SHOULD be good; but they are not.

It's not noble or special to be a guy or a girl that protects the innocent and manages the criminals in a professional manner. It's their goddamn job!

And whilst I am happy for you that you had such a lucky draw of cops on that day, it doesn't help at all the scary fact that police forces are getting out of hand.
I once before likened bad cops to cancer. Nobody cares about all the healthy [good] cells in your body when something sinister is brewing, trying to kill you. In that instance all you need to care about, is those cells that have gone wrong.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
No violence because everyone was stoned. Who would have thunk...

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I wonder if you would've had the same experience if you lived in lets say.. NYC or Chicago?

2nd

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I ran a red light this evening in Liverpool and got pulled by the police. They were very decent about it, friendly and polite. I admitted fault and expressed bemusement as to why I went through a light on a road I'm well used to.

They could have opted to have points put on my licence and instead offered to recommend the lesser penalty of a driving awareness course. Nice fellas. They did their jobs and I'll be getting something in the post...

It's quite a fun coincidence that I'd made positive comments in this thread and then had them confirmed on the same day!

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

That's awesome. See times just might be a changin. I know if I was a cop I would be doing my damnedest to not end up in the hot seat. With the anti police lynch mob that's waiting ready to go we could see the first public stoning execution here in the U.S. the next time someone's poodle gets shot.. I would be extra careful just to make sure it wasn't me lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join