It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British army is creating a 1,500-strong force of Facebook warriors, [shills ]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
A bit late to the party but better late than never

[ The British army is creating a special force of Facebook warriors, skilled in psychological operations and use of social media to engage in unconventional warfare in the information age.]

The brigade will be responsible for what is described as non-lethal warfare. Both the Israeli and US army already engage heavily in psychological operations.

The IDF is active on 30 platforms – including Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram – in six languages. “It enables us to engage with an audience we otherwise wouldn’t reach,” said an Israeli army spokesman.

Well now another 1500 shills will join in the fun boys and girls so fix bayonets and no taking prisoners in the battle

Give them hell

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
That's just what we need ....1500 more shills.....and bloody stupid pommies at that......makes me want to puke....

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5

The brigade will be responsible for what is described as non-lethal warfare. Both the Israeli and US army already engage heavily in psychological operations.

Otherwise known as f#ing with peoples minds, man.

And people think the Nazis lost the war. Seriously, take away the national and symbolic specifics and what are you left with?

What do we have now? Anyway...

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Watch for Avatars with 007 , James Bond etc from this lot when they came online and they will come here in droves

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
i need a new job....where does one sign up for a shill job ?

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
What the heck is a shill?

I've seen this thrown around here, even been called one myself. But its meaning eludes me

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

With the thousands of front line troops that were axed i can imagine you would need friends in high places

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
That's just what we need ....1500 more shills.....and bloody stupid pommies at that......makes me want to puke....

You and I need not look across the pond to find "bloody stupidity".

Front page of the Toronto Star today quotes our PM's declaration to put a stop to "Terrorist Propaganda".

Seems only official Progressive Conservative Propaganda is going to be allowed.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

a person who publicizes or praises something or someone for reasons of self-interest, personal profit, or friendship or loyalty.

dictionary.reference.com...

verb (used with object)
to advertise or promote (a product) as or in the manner of a huckster; hustle:
He was hired to shill a new TV show.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

shill
SHil/Submit
NORTH AMERICANinformal
noun
an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others

The way it is used around here I think it means paid supporter.

I gave you a star for making me think and look it up. One of those terms that I see used a lot but never gave it much thought.
edit on 31-1-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5

Watch for Avatars with 007 , James Bond etc from this lot when they came online and they will come here in droves

James Bond. That does not surprise me in the least.

Some pecker in a cubicle thinks he's "MI6 PsyOps" because the army pays him to derail threads. Like cops who think they're Charles Bronson or something.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

ah well Russia seems to getting a hard time lately maybe Putin will throw me a bone

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

And a few have admitted on this site they are paid to post on the net

some long term members

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

I've seen this thrown around here, even been called one myself. But its meaning eludes me

1. an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others.

It's someone on the inside who doesn't mention they are on the inside for the purpose of enticing people to think a certain way.

I mean I could name first and last names.. I know some of the US ones.. Not sure what any of their screen names would be though haha.

We called one of the guys Snowball in basic. Maybe he would use a name like that.. (he was super white..)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

ah well Russia seems to getting a hard time lately maybe Putin will throw me a bone

The patriot missiles will intercept that bone long before it reaches you

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Sometimes they aren't even paid but are just advancing their parties political agenda by derailing threads with obfuscation and stupid questions.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

It is going to be hunting season here soon expect fireworks and a few Mods are going to be busy with the delete button

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Coming to a monitor near you soon

Keyboard warriors /sky pilots /all welcome

edit on 31/1/2015 by douglas5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

And a few have admitted on this site they are paid to post on the net

some long term members

They have?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
If you can pick them out, they aren't very good at their jobs. After reading the link, I don't think ats will see any more or less shilling.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join