It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia gives $3 billion Crimea bridge contract to Putin ally

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Fermy

From Nov 2014 -
Sputnik News - 2014 Capital Flight From Russia May Top $90 Bln: Finance Ministry

90 divided by 12 = 7.5 billion leaving Russia each month.

The sanctions on Russia were extended until Sept 2015 and new sanctions will be put in place as early as February at the next meeting.

There is also talk of removing Russia from SWIFT which would essentially block all bank to bank transactions outside of Russia.

Belarus is looking at leaving Russia's new EEU after Russia took actions in violation of that entity resulting in Belarus getting screwed.

Russia already has had to cuts its budget for this year by 10% and its safe to assume that is just the start.

edit on 31-1-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Nope... and neither does Ukraine who has been invaded and occupied by Russian forces. Upwards of 30k Russian front line units in Crimea.

If a few thousands members of the US 101st air assault took their equipment and uniforms and went on vacation to Russia would you claim the US is invading them?

Your not too balanced aye, you went off topic from a bridge to some troops in Ukraine you sound like an obsessed personality. You do know Ukrainians and Russians are pretty much the same people right? Thats like Texas going off on thier own and saying thier not Americans anymore thier Texans. Or the Taiwanese saying thier not Chinese, but nevermind I can see your lost in the us vs them mentality, not we are one people.

Reguardless of what happens in Ukraine Russia and USA still work together across the board and especilly in space.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I'd like to why something so insignificant as this is posted on this forum?

If its an attempt to make Putin and Russia look corrupt, how is this action any worse that what the US govets has done for US company's controlled by those with close connections to the various administrations each time they conquered some country, particularly those with oil.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Actually my post was in response to your absurd suggestion the US and Russia are working together. I was pointing out that since Russia invaded Ukraine and illegally occupied Crimea that your "theory" is as valid as people who claim there are no Russian units in Ukraine.

you asked the question - I answered it.

If you cant keep up then maybe you should not post questions.

edit on 31-1-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: learnatic

If its an attempt to make Putin and Russia look corrupt, how is this action any worse that what the US govets has done for US company's controlled by those with close connections to the various administrations each time they conquered some country, particularly those with oil.

Some people are just grasping at nothing these days it doesnt even have a real point other to to try and convince you that the Russians are our enemies when they arent. We know who the real enemy is. . . . . .

The enemy is that which divides and doesnt unite human kind, creates war and not peace. Creates suffering and not joy.
edit on 31-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
CACI, Dynacorp, Hewlett Packard, KBR, Pratt and Whitney, Raytheon... the US does this on a daily basis.
So the Russians want to build a bridge to connect a small piece of land that voted to become Russian.
Who did you want them to give the contract to?.. the UK maybe? France... ?
In a time of war, they are obviously going to use close people who have the ability.

Nothing to see here, unless you want to make an issue out of nothing.

edit on am144318312015-01-31T01:44:40-06:00012015p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
CACI, Dynacorp, Hewlett Packard, KBR, Pratt and Whitney, Raytheon... the US does this on a daily basis.

So the Russians want to build a bridge to connect a small piece of land that voted to become Russian.

In a time of war, they are obviously going to use close people who have the ability.

Americans dare to do business with other Americans, then Russians do it too? Holy jack in the box hole in a donut batman lets go get the riddler to help us solve this mystery!

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

www.bloomberg.com...

I'm not saying this is the final amount but you can't accuse the source of bias. It's only digits on a screen anyway. Quantative easing or "let's just print more" fiscal strategy.

edit on 31-1-2015 by Fermy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

You clearly missed the part where the Russian government didn't even follow it's own laws on giving out contracts, which require a tendering process when over a certain value.

Nothing to see here though...just another Russian breaking Russian laws. Happens all the time.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Why does corruption become insignificant because 'US govets' does it?

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

Because we're not allowed to talk about anything that Russia does or anything that happens in Russia. We just need to worry about ourselves.

America - everybody can jump on the bandwagon.

Russia - commentary and opinions not welcome by outsiders.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

Because we're not allowed to talk about anything that Russia does or anything that happens in Russia. We just need to worry about ourselves.

America - everybody can jump on the bandwagon.

Russia - commentary and opinions not welcome by outsiders.

You forgot to mention that America is the only true global super power left and any human being on this planet should recognize that therefore they should be setting examples for every other country instead of being run by corrupt & power hungry corporations.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Ahhh that's right. That explains why anytime somebody puts up a post about a country other than the U.S., there's a deluge of comments that start with "yea, but America..."

Because we can't even discuss actions by another country without it getting turned back on the U.S.

Makes sense.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Ahhh that's right. That explains why anytime somebody puts up a post about a country other than the U.S., there's a deluge of comments that start with "yea, but America..."

Because we can't even discuss actions by another country without it getting turned back on the U.S.

Makes sense.

My point still stands and change needs to begin somewhere

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
A Bridge Too Far. I am more worried by not who or what company funds the bridge but more of how provocative this will be to Ukraine and give an excuse to USA to jaw jaw even more. I fear the bridge is a Trojan Horse that may well lead to a wider war.

I despair of the Human Race. We have just spent the past week remembering the Holocaust, 70 years ago Humanity pledged it must never happen again. But now with Putin dreaming of restoring the Soviet Union borders and the USA wagging the dog at the moment it is a receipe for a disaster the world cannot afford to see happen. After all nuclear war is the ultimate Holocaust and crime against humanity.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Some people are just grasping at nothing these days it doesnt even have a real point other to to try and convince you that the Russians are our enemies when they arent. We know who the real enemy is. . . . . .

I don't think I am trying to convince anyone that Russia is the enemy. The purpose was to further demonstrate that Putin's Russia is massively corrupt and run, it seems, for the very, very rich. The enemy of the Russian people is the kleptocracy that runs their country and is driving the proud nation of Russia to ruins.

If anything, the OP demonstrates that through the tragedy that was the annexation of Crimea, Putin is rewarding his mates with billion dollar rewards. That's the conspiracy.

Regards

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Wirral Bagpuss

You are aware that their are nations on this planet aside from the US right?
You are aware other nations don't agree with the actions Russia has taken right?
You are aware a LOT of countries don't agree with Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
You are aware a LOT of countries don't accept Russian occupation of Crimea.

I make these points because it gets tiring seeing an argument where only the US is mentioned. The problems Russia face are a direct result of Russian action.

The response to Russian actions are coming from more than just the US.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   

This bridge - originally announced in October 2014 - is now to become a reality to be completed at the end of 2018. The bridge will put an end to any hope that Crimea could be returned to Ukraine, and suggests that the annexation is now permanent.

Maybe, maybe not.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Wanted to add that: The pass between Russia and Crimea over the sea where the bridge is going to be build was actually wanted by the people. I know some some people who were in the que to go over and they did question all the people who were waiting about it
and to my knowledge quite a few probably said yes haha
it was questioned to the public before they agreed to go through with it

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Justmea

Thing is. A bridge is the only way Russia can now get to their stolen possession as they will not be allowed to get to Crimea through Ukraine. If a bridge was so vital in the past, then it would have been built. It is now vital. What better way to build it than for Putin to give the contract to a friend, but that's the point of the OP.

Regards

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join