It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia gives $3 billion Crimea bridge contract to Putin ally

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

In a decree published online Friday, the government said that a company owned by Arkady Rotenberg would be given the commission to build a bridge linking Crimea — the Black Sea peninsula that Moscow annexed from Ukraine in March — to mainland Russia.

.. The contract was given to Rotenberg without the public tenders that are typically mandatory for government-commissioned projects in Russia.

Russia gives $3 billion Crimea bridge contract to Putin ally

This bridge - originally announced in October 2014 - is now to become a reality to be completed at the end of 2018. The bridge will put an end to any hope that Crimea could be returned to Ukraine, and suggests that the annexation is now permanent. This is about rapid consolidation by Russia of their new possession. Although the design of the bridge has not been made public, I imagine it will be a support a line of tanks.

What is unsurprising in Putin's Russia is the nepotism and inclination to richly reward Putin's circle of billionaire friends. There's something about the level of government corruption in Russia that is quite elegant, in that they don't even bother to cover it up!

Here's the "instruction"
Hers's some contextual propaganda from the state-owned TASS news agency
Here's something from the BBC

Regards

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
WHAT??? You mean Putin is corrupt???

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
You take care of Putin and Putin will take care of you. Pretty simple eh? What the hell has Barry ever done for you? He raised the cost of my medical insurance by over 18%! I guess that was T.A.R.P.S. for the Insurance industry?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Don't worry. The Russophiles are furiously preparing statements to explain how this is all the west/America's fault, and poor Putin is just reacting. Just give them a moment...

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
he contract was given to Rotenberg without the public tenders that are typically mandatory for government-commissioned

There's something about the level of government corruption in Russia that is quite elegant, in that they don't even bother to cover it up!

What that shows is what everyone knows, Putin is not the real leader of Russia, nothing much new there, or much anywhere else really. As for a bridge, if it was needed it is a logical step, and even if you don't agree with Crimea being a part of Russia, it shows a determination that Russia will protect Crimea, if needs be and that's it all.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Before anyone in the US gets all high and mighty...
Remember a Vice President named Cheney and a little company called Halliburton?
Russian billionaires, US billionaires...conservative billionaires, liberal billionaires.
what's new?
War sells, everyone seems to be buying...

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Exactly. There isn't much difference between the US and Russia. I've condemned the US' actions in the past. And now I condemn Russia's actions. At least when you criticize the US on this site you're in the majority. If you criticize Russia though you're labeled an American propagandist.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
Before anyone in the US gets all high and mighty...
Remember a Vice President named Cheney and a little company called Halliburton?
Russian billionaires, US billionaires...conservative billionaires, liberal billionaires.
what's new?
War sells, everyone seems to be buying...

Nice one..a game of thrones. For the US I initially thought maybe Obama would have done more than just rhetoric, but that's where it has ended up.
Mr Tanfastic ‎John Boehner wasn't much help either.
edit on 30-1-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Don't worry. The Russophiles are furiously preparing statements to explain how this is all the west/America's fault, and poor Putin is just reacting. Just give them a moment...

Not really!! In these tough times for Russian economy, Putin should have given a contract to the cheapest government offered tender with conditions for employing only "majority" of fieldwork labor that is idle i.e. unemployment.

Putin has done squat to remove corruption and that is why $3-5B of capital is fleeing Russia every single month.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

What's a Russophile?
A person who loves the country, culture or people of Russia?
Or,
a person who is friendly towards or fond of Russia, especially someone who is sympathetic to the political system and customs of the former Soviet Union?
definitions, they are all out there. Which is true?
For yourself, would you like a law enforcement job there..no don't answer that.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

There's something about the level of government corruption in Russia that is quite elegant, in that they don't even bother to cover it up!

Corruption, cover up? I think they're worried that if they did try & cover it up they may get compared to the U.S.A.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

And this is special how???? Bush gave most of the Iraqi business to Haliburton and friends of Cheney, or would that just be the VP Dick Cheney? You can't say it's wrong for Putin to do it unless you say it's wrong for Bush to do it. Nothing to see here, corrupt business as usual.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

One. I am not American and the discussion is not about the USA.

Two. Name a US President who got rich to the tune of $40bn, which is alleged Putin's wealth and I have taken into account the crash of the rouble.

Regards

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

What is unsurprising in Putin's Russia is the nepotism and inclination to richly reward Putin's circle of billionaire friends. There's something about the level of government corruption in Russia that is quite elegant, in that they don't even bother to cover it up!

The incredible thing to me is that Russians don't see anything wrong with giving government work like candy to Putin's buddies. EVERYONE in Russia does that, so it really is normal and nobody even thinks twice about it. To Russians it isn't corruption, it is how friends treat each other. It isn't bad, it is fully expected!!!

It really is a very different mentality in Russia. Not 'wrong' and certainly not 'stupid'...just different.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Zcustosmorum

One. I am not American and the discussion is not about the USA.

Two. Name a US President who got rich to the tune of $40bn, which is alleged Putin's wealth and I have taken into account the crash of the rouble.

Regards

Never said you were

I am not familiar with Presidents and their wealth but name an American President who is broke. I think you may struggle with that one as we all know how U.S. politics & corporations go hand in hand. I can name you some who are war criminals though, every single post war President if you applied the Nuremberg laws.

Can you explain your anti-Russian sentiments? And just to clarify, I am not anti-American or Pro-Russian, I merely can't understand why there's so few people who seem to fail at being objective on issues such as this.

edit on -216002015-01-30T19:44:46-06:000000004631201546012015Fri, 30 Jan 2015 19:44:46 -0600 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

What's a Russophile?
A person who loves the country, culture or people of Russia?
Or,
a person who is friendly towards or fond of Russia, especially someone who is sympathetic to the political system and customs of the former Soviet Union?
definitions, they are all out there. Which is true?
For yourself, would you like a law enforcement job there..no don't answer that.

I'm pretty certain you know exactly what I meant. If you're confused, read my entire comment.

Ask a question and then say not to answer?

C'mon man, you're better than that.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Why do you think the Olympics were so expensive for Russia? The number of cronies who walked away from that with their pockets loaded was large.

Let them build the bridge.. Worst case scenario is it gets blown up.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Did it ever occur to anyone that the USA and Russia are actually allies, and all this cold war BS is just to give the people something to worry about?

I think the space forces still work with each other if im not mistaken, as well as various top tier scientists all working towards the same goal whatever it may be.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Nope... and neither does Ukraine who has been invaded and occupied by Russian forces. Upwards of 30k Russian front line units in Crimea.

If a few thousands members of the US 101st air assault took their equipment and uniforms and went on vacation to Russia would you claim the US is invading them?

edit on 31-1-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

Not really!! In these tough times for Russian economy, Putin should have given a contract to the cheapest government offered tender with conditions for employing only "majority" of fieldwork labor that is idle i.e. unemployment.

Putin has done squat to remove corruption and that is why $3-5B of capital is fleeing Russia every single month.

How much? Got documentation to back those claims up? How long has this been happening?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join