It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed man in Dutch TV news studio - Claims high explosives with radioactive material in Netherlands

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

A gunman has been arrested in the studio of Dutch news broadcaster NOS after disrupting the main evening news, reportedly demanding airtime.

Staff were evacuated from the building in the Media Park in the central city of Hilversum.

The man, who was well-dressed and carrying a pistol, entered the studio control room, Dutch media report.

Gunman arrested at Dutch news broadcaster NOS

Breaking now, happening in Hilversum the Dutch media town. Nothing offical mentioning note but photos of it are being shown on Twitter. Note mentions 8 high explosive devices with Nuclear material in the Netherlands. Can anyone Dutch please translate this properly please?

pbs.twimg.com...

OK here is a clearer transcription of it:

pbs.twimg.com...

And the Google translation:

If you are reading this, do not panic Do not yell and tell your
colleagues either. Pretend there's nothing to worry about. I'm heavily armed. If you
just neat cooperate, then nothing will happen. Realize that I'm not on my own.
There are still five plus 98 hackers who are ready for a cyber attack. Moreover, there are
in this country eight heavy explosives placed containing radioactive material. If you send me
does not bring to eight studio to record a broadcast, we are compelled to
action to proceed. You do not want on your conscience still have that? (illegible phrase, something
now accompanied us to Studio 8, the still-studios]
We are held hostage by heavily armed men in Studio 8 media park. Hilversum. there
are more of them in the rest of the property and they are ready for 98 hackers
a cyber attack. There are also eight heavy explosives placed in the country, radioactive
contain material. They want to do a live broadcast to their story
to keep. If that live broadcast is disturbed in any way, they will to action
proceed. From the outside is monitored or the live broadcast throughout
Netherlands can be viewed. Their conditions are, therefore, among other things: 1. This
building will not be stormed. 2. The live broadcast is not delayed, no
second interrupted and not edited. 3. For the sake of clarity so there is no
Information bar and no subtitles added to the live broadcast. If on the
conditions are met. we will be freed. I will again
repeat.

Video of the man with him being apprehended from about 4:00 minutes:

Suspect is named as Tarik Zahzah

Facebook page here www.facebook.com...
edit on 29-1-2015 by AgentSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentSmith

Breaking now, a well dressed armed gunman has entered Dutch TV news studio in Hilversum demanding airtime. Note on Twitter mentions 8 bombs with radioactive material in Netherlands.

Note in Dutch mentioning bombs

pbs.twimg.com...

Armed man in Dutch TV news studio **BREAKING**

Breaking now, happening in Hilversum the Dutch media town. Nothing offical mentioning note but photos of it are being shown on Twitter.

This happened over an hour ago
he was apprehended by police

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: kayleighkitty

Strange, it only flashed up as a breaking story on the BBC about 10-20 minutes ago and they only just literally got NPO 1 back now, where they're now showing the footage.
edit on 29-1-2015 by AgentSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Apparently some pictures of the hostage taker who has already been arrested as mentioned:

edit on 29-1-2015 by johnnyjoe1979 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
They just showed him being apprehended, I expect the video will do the rounds on YouTube eventually. Hopefully the bombs are some sort of crazy bluff.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I've got the footage . I'm now uploading the video to youtube.. He was from a hacker collective and wanted to bring out a very important message to the world that everyone should know but before he could tell it , the police raided the building and captured him ..

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
translation: 'When you read this, dont panic. dont yell and dont warn your colleages. Act like there is nothing happening. I am heavyly armed. when you just collaborate neatly, then nothing will happen to you. Realise that i am not alone. There are 5 more plus 98 hackers that stand ready for a cyberattack. Also there are eight heavy explosives placed that contain radioactive material. If you dont bring me to studio 8 to make a broadcast then we are forced to take action. You dont want that on your conscious right? So lead me now to studio 8, the NOS studio.'

'We are being taken hostage by heavily armed men. (arrow in studio 8 media park Hilversum) There are more of them in the rest of the country and they have 98 hackers standing ready for a cyberattack. There also have been placed 8 heavy explosives containing radioactive material. They want to do a live broadcast to tell their story. If the live broadcast is disturbed by any means, they will go to action. From the outside they watch if the live broadcast can be watched throughout the Netherlands. Their conditions are among others: 1. This building wont be stormed. 2. The live broadcast wont be slowed down, not a single second and not edited. 3. To be clear there would be no information beam and no subtitles added to the love broadcast. If the conditions are respected we will be released. I will repeat it again (REPEAT)'

This was one note, not sure who printed it. Regular police officers arrested the man. There was footage that he was talking during the hostage taking. He was wearing glasses and a suit, speaking dutch (no accent). HE SAID TO HOSTAGE: 'The things that will be said are , you could say, world affairs. We have been hired by intelligence services. There we have learned things that make you doubt the current society. And we are going to bring those things out. So, as i said before, we are not that evil. we do it also for the regular citizen. But thats why its possible for the people at the top, to say to uhh.. i dont know who are standing outside; yeah, kill him no one may hear this. And if i sit here alone there is a large chance they will say: just storm inside.'

-Then he assures the hostage nothing will happen to him. but that the hostage has to stay with him to prevent the police from storming inside. He then says the hostage can go after the broadcast. the hostage taker gets nervous because the broadcast is not being broadcasted. a few seconds later. : 'oh there is the police allready, they are gonna ...' HOSTAGE: 'can i go walk to outside?' HOSTAGE TAKER: later when the speech has been given. what are you going to do?! (to the police) POLICE DROP THE WEAPON! Hostage taker drops the weapon (sounds heavy seems legit). SCREAMS of police. ' I dropped the gun' ' I dropped the gun' 'contact alarm control situation onder control.
edit on 29-1-2015 by DeusImperator because: more info

The guy didn't seemed that bad. I think the bomb threat, 5 others and 98 hacker thing was a bluff. Was not really a professional i think. Either he really wanted to tell us something important or was mentaly disturbed. I want to know!!!
edit on 29-1-2015 by DeusImperator because: mooo info

more info: fellow students recognise the man as a certain 'Tarik' student molecular science & technology.
edit on 29-1-2015 by DeusImperator because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2015 by DeusImperator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Translation;

When u read this, don't panic. Don't shout and don't warn your colleagues. Act like nothing is going on. I'm heavily armed. If you cooperate gently no harm will happen to you. Know that I don't act alone. There are five + 98 hackers who stand ready for a cyberattack. Also in this country there are placed eight heavy explosives with radioactive material. If you don't bring me to studio 8 to hijack the studio then we are forced to take action and this you don't want on your coincidence so bring me to studio 8, the NOS studio.

We are kept hostage by heavily armed men. There are more of them in the country and they have 98 hackers standing on standby for a cyberattack. Also there are eight heavily armed explosives with radioactive material placed in the country. They want to to do live broadcasting to say their story. If this broadcasting will be interrupted in any way they will take action. From the outside they will monitor if the live broadcasting will not be interrupted and can be watched in the whole country. Their demands are as follows; 1. this building will not be attacked, 2. There will be no delays in the broadcasting. 3. For being clear no information beam or subtitles will be shown with the live broadcasting. If these conditions will be followed, we will be released. I will repeat it again.
edit on 29-1-2015 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Do you think we will ever find out what that message was? His letter was obviously a bluff....

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I, for one, am curious on what he wanted to report in the live news. I hope that we figure that out soon somehow.
As he claimed having important information gathered while working for intelligence services.

Makes me wonder if he is a looney or someone that will be shut up.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Here's a link to the video. It's in Dutch without subtitles. Summarized the guy demands to give a speech, claims to be part of secret services from whom they received information they believe the public should know. At the end there's some police force action.

nos.nl...

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

Can you provide a translation for what's said in the longer video here by any chance please? :-)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentSmith

I really can't say but what surprised me was how calm the both , he and the reporter both were . But eight nuclear bombs in the Netherlands .. Could this really be true ?

He also said he was contracted by some agency ..

a reply to: Dumbass

Eight hidden nuclear devices to be exploded . Thats what his note said ..Don't know if its real or not?

edit on 0b34America/ChicagoThu, 29 Jan 2015 14:39:34 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoThu, 29 Jan 2015 14:39:34 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 0b15America/ChicagoThu, 29 Jan 2015 14:43:15 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoThu, 29 Jan 2015 14:43:15 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

IMO he wanted to get caught, after watching his body language when the cops showed up and even before that. I'll be watching the developments very closely

edit on 29-1-2015 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

All very weird, hope he's just crazy.

Suspect is now named as Tarik Zahzah

Facebook page here www.facebook.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

O crap, I am Dutch! Damn lemme put on the tv.

OK,now I get why the news was cancelled at 8! Damn what the f!
edit on 29-1-2015 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

He said its about very important world matters, we where hired by intelligence agencies where we discovered/heard which will put the current society in doubts which we will bring forward to the outside world. So such bad people are we not, we are doing this for the citizen. So that's why it's possible people from above (who have the power) kill/stop him/us and will try to stop this because nobody may hear this.

----------------

So it seems to me that other written story/letter is not true about nuclear bombs but only was used to get them on the air and bring fort their very important news/discovery which they want to share with the outside world.
edit on 29-1-2015 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
What the f? Nuclear bombs, yeah right. Following it now on tv, NPO 2
edit on 29-1-2015 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plugin

He said its about very important world matters, we where hired by intelligence agencies where we discovered/heard which will put the current society in doubts which we will bring forward to the outside world. So such bad people are we not, we are doing this for the citizen. So that's why it's possible people from above (who have the power) kill/stop him/us and will try to stop this because nobody may hear this.

Geez...Now I'm intrigued. They're trying to warn us unaware citizens of what? A huge financial collapse? World War 3? ETs?

I hope we find out what the message was!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Hmmm....will have to follow this myself. Would not be surprised if someone pulled something like this, but if there truly ARE nuclear bombs around the country it will surely be a major attack.

If this was true, my guess is that it would be called off since the message was never sent and the point to the whole thing was to release the message. A threat to do something unless a message is posted uninterrupted really means nothing if the message is never conveyed....it would simply be an attack and maybe they don't want to attack without having the message out there.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join