It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Rebels Kill Almost 50 Police Commandos in The Philippines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Thought this was news worthy of ATS.

The rebel group M.I.L.F (Moro Islamic Liberation Front) has killed 49 (other sources say 43) police commandos in the Philippines after the Police entered their territory, without giving any warning, starting an eleven hour gun battle between the two sides.
The police were chasing a suspect who was believed to be responsible for bomb attacks in the country from the terror group Jemaah Islamiyah.

This news comes whilst the country is in peace talks with Muslim groups that looked to be successful but may now have problems, though M.I.L.F confirms it still holding its cease-fire. The B.I.F.F (Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters) were also thought to be involved in the firefight, this group of several hundred Muslims having aligned themselves with I.S.I.S last year.

This was two days ago but I've only now stumbled across this although it is in several newspapers online.
Often I see people saying "but look at all of the peaceful Muslims in Asia" it doesn't really seem to hold any water.
All of this reporting about the hostages in the Middle East yet there are such deep problems in the Philippines that have been brought to my attention!
And yes the Muslim group is called M.I.L.F.

Daily Mail
CNN

Sorry if this is posted already (I did search) or if this is the wrong forum (please move).
edit on 2812015 by DodgyDawg because: Grammar

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This has been going on for decades, I guess it suits western state media to only start addressing the issue now. Maybe we should start spending our tax payers money on building more naval bases to contain China, woops, I mean stop muslims.
edit on 28-1-2015 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DodgyDawg

I am sorry, i know those deaths are horrible, but... to be killed by Milf...
There is a sense of humor in the world, even if its not appropriate.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DodgyDawg

The rebel group M.I.L.F (Moro Islamic Liberation Front) has killed 49 (other sources say 43) police commandos in the Philippines after the Police entered their territory, without giving any warning, starting an eleven hour gun battle between the two sides.

Well that's what you get when you send police into the jungle to fight a guerrilla army.

(still trying to figure out what the Philippines we're thinking when they did this, maybe they were truly surprised by the battle. then again, when you've got a force of that many cops complete with machine guns, you can't really say they weren't expecting resistance.)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo
This has been going on for decades, I guess it suits western state media to only start addressing the issue now. Maybe we should start spending our tax payers money on building more naval bases to contain China, woops, I mean stop muslims.

That's exactly what I thought.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DodgyDawg
The B.I.F.F (Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters) were also thought to be involved in the firefight, this group of several hundred Muslims having aligned themselves with I.S.I.S last year.

B.I.F.F. stands for Best Islamic Friends Forever.

And yes the Muslim group is called M.I.L.F.

That MILF is into some pretty extreme, hardcore stuff..

edit on 1/28/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Often I see people saying "but look at all of the peaceful Muslims in Asia" it doesn't really seem to hold any water.

It does hold water...

Unless of course you consider these people as representatives of every Muslim in Asia...

Secondly, you haven't gone into the political or ideological background of what may have caused this all to occur...

What sort of relationship do these extremists have with police "commandos"...
Commandos LoL exactly what I'd want law enforcers to be called...

Finally, "chasing" a suspect does not really seem like it would cause such a firefight...
My guess is that something else occured in between the firefight & the chase which actually had enough of an impact to bring about such a circumstance.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
MILF..How unfortunate. unless of course the M stands for Mulims

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Yes MILF exists and they are no laughing matter. A total shame many can't move on and unite instead of fighting among themselves. S + F

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
[delete]
edit on 1/28/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

What caused my reaction was that I've seen far too many people say on ATS claim all of the Muslims in Asia as peaceful yet this happens - and the Muslims were clearly heavily armed and prepared.

I was by no means colouring all of the Muslims in Asia as violent, I apologise if you saw it this way.

I think American law enforcement is as militaristic and I agree the whole ordeal seems rather strange.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

"The rebel group M.I.L.F"

Housewife's of The Philippines are obviously out of control.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo

Typical conspiracy BS. Guess what media (except the BBC) depends on advertising to make money. It does this by having stories people read. If no-one gives a damn about "a topic" then it does not sell papers. The Phillipines HAS been reported many times over the years BUT only as a one off now and then. The reason being nobody in the west gives a damn.

Blame the consumers of the media who don't care enough to keep the story high enough up the agenda that compels politicians to do something.

I am sick to death of reading "Ignored by MSm", "MSM does not want you to know" etc etc. Every single time I can get several articles about every single topic with less than a 5 minute Google search.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

The religion of "Peace" once again showing how peaceful they really are.
Read it, learn it, it's coming to the U.S. soon and I for one will be firing back, and I'm a very good shot.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Oh well, Islamic extremists kill 40 odd people.

In the Philippines.

LOL it spells MILF.guffaw guffaw.

Je Suis Charlie and all that.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

....Every single time I can get several articles about every single topic with less than a 5 minute Google search....

5 minutes?
That long?

Is your computer stream driven?

I agree, the vast majority of the time it is very easy, but quite often they can be found tucked away somewhere discreet or even obscure in the major news outlets websites.

People have to be bothered enough to go and look for them.....far too many people have come to expect things delivered to them....and far too many people simply don't care.
That suits so many agenda's - news agencies who don't really want to publicise too much about some stories and wish to push their own agenda's.
And many people are happy in their own ignorance, for various reasons.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
They were attacked by MILF? I never imagined that sexy mothers could effectively engage in a sustained firefight. Live and learn.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Fair enough Dodgy, hopefully I didn't come across too rude in my response.

Apologies if I did.

It does definitely seem strange if it was all due to a chase...
Something tells me there is more to this story...

And possibly a history of altercations between the two that escalated in such a fashion.

new topics

top topics

join