It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLACK TAP WATER! Gardena, CA. "Safe To Drink! -official"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I had to laugh, reminded me of the really strong mineral taste in Nevada water, it was gross

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

You can get dissolved solids meters for fairly cheap. I bet that black water is well over 1000 ppm.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
abc7.com...

I'm near Gardena, but not exactly sure how near.

At least it's not flammable?

I've seen black water in Kentucky, but that was up in the hills.

You did know there was a volcano under Los Angeles? Usually black water comes from sulphur and you can smell that a lot in Kentucky, but that is at the very edge of the coal fields. West Virginia has good water because there is more natural filtration.

I'd say yours is directly related to the volcano and it might be an indicator of an earthquake.
Volcanoes of California

Water Resources for California

Your water system is overwhelmed to the point your city filtration cannot keep it out. It is most likely a natural occurrence related to volcanoes and I would bet you should expect a significant earthquake soon, maybe in a few months.

^ This!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Eunuchorn

As other posters have alluded to, the colour of the water indicates that certain particulates are present, and they could be present for a number of reasons. The water company have a responsibility to provide their customer base with water which is both safe to drink and CLEAN.

One cannot cook with this water, since doing so will ruin any broth or hot drinks made using it, one cannot drink it straight because of the taste and odour. Simply put, the company have failed the customers, and must a) seek out and identify the cause and source of the particulates, b) render a solution to the problem, (did you see what I did there?) and c) make a full public apology, and in some cases, such as the one mentioned in the article where one family has been dealing with poor quality service for years, offer financial considerations to those worst and longest effected.

Whatever the root cause of this black tinge is, it is the outright laziness and profit driven callous disregard for quality service, which has let this problem continue for so long, and reach this awful point. It is therefore, upon them to rectify the situation, and accept their responsibility to the consumer.

Furthermore, I would, were I a resident of the effected area, be of a mind to examine the water for myself, to take samples and shell out the cash to have them tested. I imagine that if the problem is wide enough spread, families suffering from the ineptitude of the water company would be able to band together to have the water tested, and at least put to rest any concerns over the potential toxicity of the contents thereof.

If I were there, I would DEFINITELY test the water myself. Not only to know what I the heck the water company thinks is safe to drink, but also to show the news and the water company proof and what in God's name is in there!

*BTW, love how we're talking about drinking black sludge, yet there's your avatar drinking what could be black sludge! So apropos!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

originally posted by: blacktie

this needs to be a major news story just like fracking gas in water taps, either there is an unwanted "leak" involved or some other disaster afoot

this is not normal folks !
Before you put on your "IT'S HAPPENING" hat, please understand this would be a major issue if say it affected a whole state, or multiple cities.

This is likely due to due some simple infrastructure failure somewhere near the source, allowing natural contaminates like dirt and sulfates to leak into pipes.

Have you ever had well water? Like straight from the bucket? That crap ain't clear and it sometimes stinks to high heaven but it's potable and safe to drink. People are too used to "clear" water, when that wasn't even a common thing until the late 19th century.

Yes, I had to drink the nasty sulphur water in Kentucky.

But for whatever reason, the city filtration system is being overwhelmed and if it is sulphur, then identify the source of the sulphur. In Gardena, which is near Los Angeles, I am betting on the volcano. If the volcano is breaching water supplies and the filtration, then there will most likely be an earthquake.

But I grew up on that well water, very hard and made all our clothes rusty looking, but how many people still drink water from their lawn hoses?

I had to drink sulfer water in GA. It truly is one of the nastiest things you will ever drink in your life. To this day I cannot drink water because when I do, I taste metal. Everyone thinks I'm nuts, but for me, all water has a metallic taste, even bottled water. I have to flavor it with something, a small amount of ice tea powder, hot cocoa, coffee, something to take that nasty metal taste away.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj
I had to drink sulfer water in GA. It truly is one of the nastiest things you will ever drink in your life.

A-men! Luckily we had a well that didn't have sulfide. But some of the other communities got the rotten egg water like it or no.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

I had to drink sulfer water in GA. It truly is one of the nastiest things you will ever drink in your life.

A-men! Luckily we had a well that didn't have sulfide. But some of the other communities got the rotten egg water like it or no.
I'm actually quite happy with the water we have here in Tokyo. Tastes like water, clear as crystal. Now, I might start glowing after a few years thanks to TEPCO, but at least it's decent water.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Your body builds up immunity to man made isotopes, the more the better! Fukushima water, mm mmm good

@Anyafaj

That sounds terrible! I only drink water & I adamantly believe soda & coffee should not exist.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I adamantly believe...coffee should not exist.

You shut your whore mouth!

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

this needs to be a major news story just like fracking gas in water taps, either there is an unwanted "leak" involved or some other disaster afoot

Before you put on your "IT'S HAPPENING" hat, please understand this would be a major issue if say it affected a whole state, or multiple cities.

This is likely due to due some simple infrastructure failure somewhere near the source, allowing natural contaminates like dirt and sulfates to leak into pipes.

Have you ever had well water? Like straight from the bucket? That crap ain't clear and it sometimes stinks to high heaven but it's potable and safe to drink. People are too used to "clear" water, when that wasn't even a common thing until the late 19th century.

But for whatever reason, the city filtration system is being overwhelmed and if it is sulphur, then identify the source of the sulphur. In Gardena, which is near Los Angeles, I am betting on the volcano. If the volcano is breaching water supplies and the filtration, then there will most likely be an earthquake.

But I grew up on that well water, very hard and made all our clothes rusty looking, but how many people still drink water from their lawn hoses?

I had to drink sulfer water in GA. It truly is one of the nastiest things you will ever drink in your life. To this day I cannot drink water because when I do, I taste metal. Everyone thinks I'm nuts, but for me, all water has a metallic taste, even bottled water. I have to flavor it with something, a small amount of ice tea powder, hot cocoa, coffee, something to take that nasty metal taste away.

I cannot drink tap water at all in the morning, it just hurts too much.

My primary care doctor thinks I am just being a hypochondriac, but it is true, whatever is in the water causes a reaction in me. Yes, I have tasted the metallic in distilled water. That is supposed to be pure, but it's there.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."
I can't do caffeine. At least I shouldn't. A few cups of coffee and I'm danger of my particles destabilizing and I might phase through the floor.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I'm actually quite happy with the water we have here in Tokyo. Tastes like water, clear as crystal. Now, I might start glowing after a few years thanks to TEPCO, but at least it's decent water.

Meh, you are conditioned to believe it is water and crystal clear.

LOL.

(that wasn't serious, ok people)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

LoL! @ first line.

As for the second line, I have a psychiatrist... Pick your poison!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

My primary care doctor thinks I am just being a hypochondriac, but it is true, whatever is in the water causes a reaction in me. Yes, I have tasted the metallic in distilled water. That is supposed to be pure, but it's there.

Here's a quote from another thread, hopefully it lets me quote myself, here goes:::

My buddy was doing in-home electrolysis water filtration systems, he came over once to practice his presentation. We did the test on tap water (which turned a lovely brown/green) & 2 types of bottled water (both which came out yellow/green).

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Had some 'black' tap water here in Manchester UK two years back, with physical debris visible in it. I phoned the water company, and was told 'it's safe to drink'. I told them I wouldn't be drinking it, but asked why its black?

Apparently they had a main pipe rupture, and contaminants were able to enter the main pipeline, both before it was fixed and during the repair process. It would remain 'discoloured', until the contaminants had been flushed out of the system. However the chlorine content of the water, renders them harmless.

Well, biologically and chemically harmless, maybe, but I wasn't gonna be making my cuppa tea with physical contaminants in it.

It took about 2 weeks for the water to fully clear.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Here's a quote from another thread, hopefully it lets me quote myself, here goes:::

My buddy was doing in-home electrolysis water filtration systems, he came over once to practice his presentation. We did the test on tap water (which turned a lovely brown/green) & 2 types of bottled water (both which came out yellow/green).

And I called it, an earthquake just hit Northern California this evening.

I don't know where the plates are, I am sure Californians do, but if this plate moved and ruptured pipes that feed into your water system, then it makes total sense, as those plates are quite huge.

I am not a geologist, but it only makes sense to me why you would have black water in the morning you have an earthquake later in the day. I do believe there is a connection. But the California government won't tell you that, they don't want to cause mass panic.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: BMorris
Had some 'black' tap water here in Manchester UK two years back, with physical debris visible in it. I phoned the water company, and was told 'it's safe to drink'. I told them I wouldn't be drinking it, but asked why its black?

Apparently they had a main pipe rupture, and contaminants were able to enter the main pipeline, both before it was fixed and during the repair process. It would remain 'discoloured', until the contaminants had been flushed out of the system. However the chlorine content of the water, renders them harmless.

Well, biologically and chemically harmless, maybe, but I wasn't gonna be making my cuppa tea with physical contaminants in it.

It took about 2 weeks for the water to fully clear.

There was also just an earthquake in England this evening.

Related.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Your body builds up immunity to man made isotopes, the more the better! Fukushima water, mm mmm good

@Anyafaj

That sounds terrible! I only drink water & I adamantly believe soda & coffee should not exist.

I don't mind a couple sodas a month. I prefer tea or coffee though, tbh. I don't drink it regularly. Coffee? Oh yes please! Do not blasphemy that original black sludge which helps me move my body in the morning. LOL

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Indeed so!

However, it has to be said that the toxic substance which was contained within that glass, at the time of the taking of the video from which the gif was lifted, was clearly labeled as such when I put it in the glass, as was the mixer I used, which is also toxic in some respects. The difference being, that I knew exactly what I was drinking at the time, and exactly how concentrated the various components were. Also, the products I received and placed within that glass were exactly what I expected them to be. However, in the case of this water problem, the product clearly contains compounds, or concentrations of compounds, outside the normal range, and offers the consumer no real data on that point, except to say that it is "safe" to drink.

By safe, do they mean safe to drink the full recommended daily allowance of water, or safe to drink once a day, oh and by the way, do not be surprised if you start excreting bodily organs if you swig too much?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

There's actually been 2 in the UK in the past 2 days. We just don't make a huge fuss over them, as they were only 2.9 and 3.8 on the Richter scale, respectively.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join