It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Claim that Bergdahl has been charged with desertion...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
A guest on the OReilly factor, Lt Col Shaffer seems pretty confident with his sources that Bergdahl, who was traded for 5 Gitmo detainees, has been charged with desertion..

Here's the clip of the claim from this evening:

I have been checking but so far, nothing to back up the claims yet on a news search..

edit on Mon, 26 Jan 2015 21:25:05 -0600 by JacKatMtn because: updated title after additional sources found

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
FIrst hit on this which basically uses the info from the posted clip:

Report: Bergdahl to Be Charged with Desertion

...“Bill, the Army has come to its conclusion and Bowe Bergdahl,” Shaffer said, “Sgt. Bergdahl will be charged with desertion. I have been told and confirmed by two other sources that his attorney was given what we call a charge sheet. A charge sheet is results of the investigation listing out the articles of the Uniform Code of Military Justice that have been violated. The key violation is desertion. And this is has been done. The decision has been made. Let me be very clear. As a corporate entity, the Army has decided that they want to pursue Bergdahl for this violation.”

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Wow. If true, not sure how I feel about it.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Not a very good conclusion to the story, but not necessarily surprising either.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Since this is Fox News, I'll take it with an grain of salt until I hear from a more trustworthy source.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

grain of salt stance is good

So far, it's only the right leaning news posting articles on this appearance, second in line is:

Report: Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl to Be Charged for Desertion — Here Are the Details

Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, who was reportedly held captive by Taliban militants for five years, will be charged for desertion, according to sources of retired Lt. Col. Tony Shaffer. Bergdahl was only released after President Barack Obama negotiated with the terrorists, agreeing to release five prisoners from Guantanamo Bay.

Like kj posted earlier, I am not sure on what my reaction should or will be once we know for sure that this claim is deemed correct.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

To be sure the left doesn't want to deal with this rather straightforward problem that makes Obama look bad.
So I also take it "with a grain of salt" why CNN's sources has not also reported on this development.
edit on 26-1-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Along with everybody else I'll wait for some sort of confirmation. Or at least another report from somebody that isn't citing FoxNews.

That being said, I'm not going to lose a minute's sleep if he's been charged. Not one.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
the latest report, using the same info (OReillys show) as the source :

Bowe Bergdahl to be charged with desertion, retired officer tells Fox

...Mr. Shaffer, who now works for the London Center for Policy Research, said two separate military sources have confirmed to him that Sgt. Bergdahl’s attorney has been given a “charge sheet,” listing out the articles of the uniform military code that have been violated...

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I just saw it on facebook.

We can say it's official now, obviously.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

good one... plenty of non msm on this claim, the wheels of the msm turn a bit slower?

I am watching the snowpocalypse coverage with Shep Smith, and even FNC isn't pushing this revelation..

Makes me wonder what is really going on with this claim...

something's up... but what?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Yea that's a bit suspect to me. This should be getting at least SOME play. Perhaps not bombshell level since it's just a "it'll happen" comment but I mean....nothing? Crickets? Really?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
He was CIA. If they prosecute, I'll bet the penalty will be something that allows them to secretly funnel money/security to him in the meantime. He will pay no real penalty.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Even if this is true, by his own analogy of comparing the article 32 to a grand jury, it means he hasn't been charged.

Only that they are taking the next step necessary to do so.

Or am I wrong in that line of thought?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
This is how FOX keeps stories that never should have been news to begin with, alive for years. Sources. That's it.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: lynxpilot
He was CIA. If they prosecute, I'll bet the penalty will be something that allows them to secretly funnel money/security to him in the meantime. He will pay no real penalty.

All part of the plan.

There were suspicions when they got him back.

I bet they use a double in his place to keep the gag believable.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

But bill said they are good sources!
Way better then his, so you know it's true.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Just an FYI, the us military rarely prosecutes quickly.

I wouldn't be surprised if this takes another couple years to finish up.
edit on 27-1-2015 by Irishhaf because: forgot a word

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Reuters, citing NBC has "sources" that claim much the same as what broke last night:

Bowe Bergdahl to face desertion charges: NBC

(Reuters) - U.S. Army Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl, who disappeared from his base in Afghanistan in 2009 but was released last year in a prisoner swap with the Taliban, will be charged with desertion, according to NBC.

The television network, citing senior defense officials, said the charges could come within a week.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
So if true does this mean that the region covered in snow right now is hell?

In the video of him in the truck he was holding back a grin very much and the blinking.

On a real note if he is found guilty what does that mean if anything about the illegal prisoner swap for one criminal for five terrorist?
edit on 27-1-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join