It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do conspiracy theorist make for good investors and businessmen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
So I've recently come to the conclusion that many of us have a naturally inquisitive and analytical nature to us. Many of us have the ability to identify and see trends, understand the market and inherently from collected knowledge understanding basic principles of market and supply and demand.

So my premise is that these natural inclinations for many of us manifest into a more entrepreneurial spirit and a spirit of self reliance making for good businessmen and investors.

Do any of you see this or am i thinking to much?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Hmmmm, what is a conspiracy theorist by your definition ?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xavi1000

Well i would classify someone who is cynical, somewhat jaded and socially less appealing as a conspiracy theorist. Also deeper analytical thinkers who question the status quo and are willing to challenge social norms.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Agreed... I think when you can take a look at the big picture, and how the system works, you can find your spot in it.

I have seen a lot of wasting time complaining about success, when you can put that energy into being successful.
You can work hard at a crappy job, sacrifice unneeded junk, while putting away cash to go in a better direction.

Just about anyone can run a business these days, and the Internet is great for growing it.

You just need to find a solution, product, or service that is valuable to others, preferably a lot of others

edit on 1 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
So I've recently come to the conclusion that many of us have a naturally inquisitive and analytical nature to us. Many of us have the ability to identify and see trends, understand the market and inherently from collected knowledge understanding basic principles of market and supply and demand.

So my premise is that these natural inclinations for many of us manifest into a more entrepreneurial spirit and a spirit of self reliance making for good businessmen and investors.

Do any of you see this or am i thinking to much?
People of a skeptical nature, tend to ask more questions but i don't think that would necesarily equate to being good at business.

If anything i could see how an overly skeptical person would tend to always fall short of his ambitions for fear of making a wrong move. I have seen plenty of fairly intelligent people fail at business. There are a lot of variables.

Now, one would have to be well versed in "conspiracy" culture to write a good book on the subject. I see lots of conpiracy books out nowadays.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I wonder how much money this place pulls in, and the folks behind it. Ive never looked into that

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Buy and Large you are "right on the money".....sorry for that corny turn of a phrase!!

I have been a selfemployed businessman entrepreneur for a very long time. I have made fortunes and then turned around and gambled it all on a risky project and wound up living in my car, flat broke and deeply in debt.

I never had much faith in supply and demand old school economics...speculation is my forte. Also my downfall.

I tried to come up with one solid design a year; marketed properly that's all you need.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

No.

Buy index funds.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

For a few reasons, "conspiracy theorists" don't generally make good investment managers. Here's my reasoning.

1. Forming abstract theories and doing detective work causes you to learn how bad things are which will make you cynical. Cynical individuals will over estimate how fast the fecal will hit the fan and under estimate the strength of the status quo. They over estimate the realistic worst case scenario. Following, knowing and working within the status quo is where most money gets made as long as you get out before the music stops.

2. Conspiracy theorists will be doing detective work and every thing you learn reveals 2 more things you don't know. So to a conspiracy theorist, the amount of uncertainties will tend to make it hard to make decisions on exactly what is going to happen. Paralysis by analysis.

3. Conspiracy theorists are driven by a sense of justice or fairness and game theory rules. The true winners in the financial world have rigged the game so they can't lose or are at least hedged. They play different sides and skim or use unethical means to profit whenever available. "Playing the game" by standard rules is only for people with 401k's and IRA's and HSA's, pension funds etc. These are the sheep to be fleeced when the bubbles pop. Big players with political patronage get supported by government regulations and money printing. Crime really pays in this arena.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I am self-employed, and my business is growing, but I know other CT's who work various jobs at different levels of income. I'd say we're a mix just like most people are. Though I think we tend to lean toward the extremes, rather than in the middle. For some, once they see the world from the CT perspective, they give up, and think there's no use in trying. Others take their new perspective, and apply it to their benefit the best they can.

However rigged the system may be(and it is), there are still opportunities to work within it.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

They make a loyal market.
Keep them convinced tomorrow or some day soon the proverbial "caca" will be hitting the fan.
Then sell them products to "help" them.
As long as you can keep their trust, which is hard.
Just as Alex Jones and George Noorey.

new topics

top topics

join