It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Man Lawfully Carrying Gun Gets Pummeled by White Vigilante at Walmart

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

A surveillance video from a Walmart located near Tampa shows 62-year-old Clarence Daniels trying to enter the store to purchase some coffee creamer for his wife this past Tuesday. He barely steps through the automatic doors before he is pummeled by shopper Michael Foster, a 43-year-old white man.

"He's got a gun!" Foster shouts, to which Daniels replies, "I have a permit!"

According to local news reports, Foster originally spotted Daniels in the store's parking lot placing his legally owned handgun underneath his coat. In keeping with Florida's well-known vigilante spirit, Foster decided to take matters into his own hands by following Daniels into the Walmart. Without warning, he tackled Daniels and placed him in a chokehold.

Police soon arrived and confirmed Daniels indeed had a permit for the handgun.

"Unfortunately, he tackled a guy that was a law-abiding citizen," said Larry McKinnon, a police spokesperson. "We understand it's alarming for people to see other people with guns, but Florida has a large population of concealed weapons permit holders."

Foster is now facing battery charges.

LINK

I'm just gonna leave this here. Nothing else to add at the moment.

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Sat Jan 24 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

'Nuff said right there.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Ah you beat me to the punch, was just about to post this. That "vigilante" wannabe dude is a dumbass of the highest degree, and is quite lucky to be alive.....
edit on Fri, 23 Jan 2015 19:17:18 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
No opinion?

Me neither.

If you feel like you need to carry a gun into anywhere that isn't job related, maybe you should sit down with a cup of coffee or tea and think about your life and life choices.

Eta: I hit enter too soon. Vigilante guy needs to play it smart and not take the law in his own hands. Good thing the back guy didn't shoot. This is Florida after all.

So yeah, there's my opinion. Everyone is stupid. Don't live in Florida if you can help it.
edit on 23-1-2015 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

'Nuff said right there.
Actually, I believe a conviction for assault will be "'nuff said". I have a strong feeling that the case is dismissed or a jury finds him not guilty. If the role was reversed.....

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
No opinion?

Me neither.

If you feel like you need to carry a gun into anywhere that isn't job related, maybe you should sit down with a cup of coffee or tea and think about your life and life choices.

I agree with that. Too many fake "tough guys" in the world today. If you cant go from point "A" to point "B" without a gun, then perhaps you should just become a recluse.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace

lucky the guy with the firearm lived. a chokehold can cause death.

i wonder if mr. foster would have been as jumpy if the man carrying the firearm was a big strong biker type?

i think not.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I'd agree with that...

If the man wasn't 62 years old.

+21 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace

No opinion?

Me neither.

I agree with that. Too many fake "tough guys" in the world today. If you cant go from point "A" to point "B" without a gun, then perhaps you should just become a recluse.

.......So carrying a concealed weapons =fake tough guy?

How the hell does that jump in logic even compute?

No seriously where do you guys even come up with that wildly off base line of thinking?

The whole point of a concealed weapon is so that people dont know you have it.........
:?

You do realize that in your distaste for firearms you turned this around on the victim dont you?

Disgusting

edit on 1/23/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

I'd agree with that...

If the man wasn't 62 years old.

I tend to agree with this too; however, it seems to me that the older one gets, the less qualified they are to carry....though 62 does not imply senility the same as 82.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

No opinion?

Me neither.

No seriously where do you guys even come up with that wildly off base line of thinking?

The whole point of a concealed weapon is so that people dont know you have it.........

Concealed...open...I don't care one bit. If you can't go into public without a gun then you are a pussycat (minus the cat).

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The guy probably had a secret desire to one day become a hero. Instead he's looking like a fool. He's lucky he didn't injure the guy.

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

No opinion?

Me neither.

Concealed...open...I don't care one bit. If you can't go into public without a gun then you are a pussycat (minus the cat).

So you started a thread with a title meant to be provocative........

And then in less than a page, USED it , to turn it AGAINST the person the crime was committed against....

All because you dont like guns.......

Job well done sir, if this site had awards for troll of the month, you would take the cake

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Fine then, you live in a very bad area. Or a rural area where the police take nearly a half an hour to get to. I guess you could say the same about the police then right? Or are they allowed to have guns just because?

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Wow, way to stand in judgement over someone you know nothing about.

I could make a few assumption about people that need to have naked women as an avatar and usernames related to sexual attire, but I know nothing about so you I wont.

Remember that when you point your finger there are 3 more pointing back at you.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This is yet again another example of Mom's Demand Action tactics at work.

Linkypoo

These people and their hysterical anti-gun tactics are going to get people killed one day.

It is my opinion that the tactics advocated on various chapters of Mom's Demand FB pages contributed to John Crawford being shot to death by police in an Ohio Walmart.

Here's a CCTV video of the incident in the OP:

edit on pFri, 23 Jan 2015 19:35:25 -0600201523America/Chicago2015-01-23T19:35:25-06:0031vx1 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Also, to add, I fail to see how taking your own personal protection (and families) upon yourself, instead of relying on the notoriously horrible police departments as your means for defense, makes you a wuss, or relegate you to being a shut in?

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I'll add my opinion here. The legally carrying black gentleman should have lawfully shot the irrationally overreacting white guy in the face. That's what conceiled-carry permits are for. Someone attacks you, you blast them. End Of Story.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Concealed...open...I don't care one bit. If you can't go into public without a gun then you are a pussycat (minus the cat)

So the fastest growing segment of new gun buyers in FY 2014 was women.

The purpose of these purchases was self defense.

If you think most women can take a 200 lbs man intent on rape and murder you'd be very, very wrong.

If you think some elderly people can go hand to hand with a weapon wielding criminal several decades younger, you're wrong.

If you think I, a trained soldier with combat experience will go toe to toe with a guy trying to stab me or someone swinging a baseball bat, you're wrong.

I, like the women, and the elderly folks, am going to present my firearm and if necessary, shoot to stop the threat from continuing.

Seems to me like you're not only being a troll with this thread, you've also decided to take a simplistic and thoughtless view of why people carry firearms.
edit on pFri, 23 Jan 2015 19:41:58 -0600201523America/Chicago2015-01-23T19:41:58-06:0031vx1 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

No opinion?

Me neither.

Why?

If you live in the US, you most likely run into lots of people carrying concealed weapons. The majority of people I know have their conceal-carry license.

Carrying a weapon is not irrational. Your ignorance concerning people who choose to is ignorant, though.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join