It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if you found out you are a clone?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
If you found out you are a clone, how would you react? What would you do? You lived your whole life only to find out you are not the original... Your memories of how you grew up is all yours.. not the original, you actually did live those days... But you now find out you are not the original you... How would you react? ... Continue living how you kept living with just a little extra infomation or... What?

Bonus question... What if instead finding out you are.a clone, you found out you HAVE a clone somewhere, what would you do about it?
edit on 23-1-2015 by saiyankev because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2015 by saiyankev because: misspelled "infomation"

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
But I am a clown, all I need is a bumblebee to sting me on my nose again and I'll post a picture.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
But I am a clown, all I need is a bumblebee to sting me on my nose again and I'll post a picture.
har har ya funny.. or it would be if I had a typo... But I didn't
Ok I did.have a typo but it wasn't clown/clone... It was infomation
edit on 23-1-2015 by saiyankev because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
It would depend on what happened to the original me. If the original was no longer around, I wouldn't worry much and continue life.

However, if I was the original, and found out that I had a clone out there somewhere, I would seek to eliminate it. Too much potential for abuse. What if my quality of life, was greater than my clones? I could be victim of a plan to be replaced.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
It would depend on what happened to the original me. If the original was no longer around, I wouldn't worry much and continue life.

However, if I was the original, and found out that I had a clone out there somewhere, I would seek to eliminate it. Too much potential for abuse. What if my quality of life, was greater than my clones? I could be victim of a plan to be replaced.
ok so what if ur original did die... Would you be interested to find out who the original was? How they lived? Their... Ur relatives?

Ya that's true... Feared to be replaced, but not every clone would do that but then again if you would... Then I guess the clone would too

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: saiyankev
who cares!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I love Orphan Black!

And I wish I had a clone. It would be so fascinating to find out how different or the same we were based on how we were raised. Plus it would be nice to have a kidney or liver donor or be one if one or the other should need a kidney or liver.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I'd look myself up and be besties!

Two Ashlies = Twice the awesome!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I would find them and be glad there was a genetic copy of myself around.

I am a very particular type of critter so it would be refreshing to be able to talk to another me. Even more so if he gathered differing information than I did through experience.

I believe we would already know each other, but based on experience have slightly different view points.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Thread title reminds of that film what's it called I cant remember now.

Its about a guy who works on the moon overseeing mining operations or something like that and has an accident. Then another him comes along and he finds out there's thousands of clones of him etc.. more to it though.

Quite a good film.

Its called Moon.

Lol how could I forget that

edit on 23-1-2015 by restless genius because: 9 added words and 2 full stops ha. Oh and a smiley.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I would find the original me and eat him.

There can be only one.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Lets just say things would get very ugly fast for those responsible ...

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
If I were a clone... I would want to find the real me, understand where I come from and why I exist. I'd also want to know if anybody around me knows about this. And why I'm here living my life if I'm not the original.

If I had a clone... I would want to find him, talk to him, explain that I had no idea he existed, support him. I'm very insecure, maybe my clone would be too. Maybe not, who knows? But if he were, I'd like to be there for him once he found out about himself (if he didn't know).

Either way, I would totally want to hang out with my original/clone. Sometimes, when I'm hanging out with people, I need some time for myself. After a while, it gets hard to keep talking, cause I dunno... what some people might find REALLY interesting, I can talk about it for five minutes, and then that is it for me. That would never happen (I think) with "myself". And, if it did, I could just say so. "I" would understand.

I have no idea if I'm making sense here. But there you go.

Maybe the other me could explain it better.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I think about this from time to time. For years now I've been told that there are other girls that look exactly like me in every way. There are about three girls possibly that are suppose to be my exact copy and are always seen in places that I never go. Every time this is brought to my attention I think of the shows Dark Angel and Orphan Black. The what ifs always cloud my mind.

Lets say for the sake of the thread I am clone. Well I know I wouldn't be the original because one of the girls is older than me by about 3 or 4 years. This doesn't bother me at all. I live my life without skipping a beat, but sometimes I do wonder if I will ever cross paths with one of them. If that was to happen I don't know what my reaction would be. Knowing me I would probably ask "hey are we a set of clones?"

If clones actually existed, I think they would have there own set of memories apart from their other clones. Each of us have our own set experiences as we live our lives that later become memories. So I couldn't imagine the original clone's memories being the same memories for their clones.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: restless genius

Its about a guy who works on the moon overseeing mining operations or something like that and has an accident. Then another him comes along and he finds out there's thousands of clones of him etc.. more to it though.

Quite a good film.

It is called "Moon". It is a fine film. Kevin Spacey does the voice of the robot.

If there was a clone of me I would avoid him like the plague.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: restless genius

Quite a good film.

no idea... Clones on the moon tho? Sounds interesting

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Here is a good movie about children growing up and finding out they are clones and the reason for their existence is very dark indeed. It is a strange old film. Very worth watching and not your usual sci fi:

Never Let Me go IMDB

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Would anybody ever trick your clone to think you are actually twins... Not clones, whether its to not scare the clone or to screw with their head or because you always wanted a twin?

And no body would want a clone for personal... Sexual reasons? It's like masturbation

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: lonesomerimbaud

Here is a good movie about children growing up and finding out they are clones and the reason for their existence is very dark indeed. It is a strange old film. Very worth watching and not your usual sci fi:

Never Let Me go IMDB

ok, ill check it out, Ty

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I would probably be worried my donor is going to commit heinous crimes with my DNA.

If I was the donor and had a clone, I would blame aliens. If not then sue the science tech company for using my dna to create me, again. If that wouldn't work I would call me mom and have her bitch at him and not me, I am serious, if the clone can accept my DNA then he can get yelled at once in awhile, my mom does do an awful lot of bitching and shes a tea partier ugh he can at least help me there.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join